humming noise
1933 12 2021-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ozoffi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 55128 ft
Austria

Today I charged my Mini 2 and all the batteries and did a short functional test in the apartment. Everything went perfectly, but I noticed that the Mini 2 makes a strange humming noise when it is on the ground. As soon as I pick up the Mini 2 and tilt it a little or turn it around completely, this noise stops. As far as I can tell, it's coming from inside the drone - not from the motors and not from the gibal of the camera.
The drone had no GPS signal, but could be controlled without any problems after confirming the warning.
Anyone have any idea what that can be?

2021-11-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there ozoffi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know before having this issue with your DJI Mini 2 was there a hard landing or a crash that happened to the said DJI drone and are you receiving any error messages on the DJI Fly application when this is happening? Thank you.
2021-11-1
Use props
ozoffi
lvl.4
Austria

So far there has been no crash and I don't get any error messages - at least not during my short test flight in the apartment (except that there would be no GPS signal - which is also true). But I have often flown the drone in a dusty environment ... so I have now removed the battery from the Mini 2 and blown everything out with compressed air - including the gimbal ... and lo and behold, the noise has now disappeared! So everything seems to be fine again. Is there a good tip for taking care of the drone? e.g. to "lubricate" the moving parts with silicone or something similar?
2021-11-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

ozoffi Posted at 11-1 01:21
So far there has been no crash and I don't get any error messages - at least not during my short test flight in the apartment (except that there would be no GPS signal - which is also true). But I have often flown the drone in a dusty environment ... so I have now removed the battery from the Mini 2 and blown everything out with compressed air - including the gimbal ... and lo and behold, the noise has now disappeared! So everything seems to be fine again. Is there a good tip for taking care of the drone? e.g. to "lubricate" the moving parts with silicone or something similar?

Hello, there. We are glad to hear your good news. About the maintenance of the drone, we recommend you check carefully before every flight. Like propellers, battery and the main body of the aircraft. Please be noticed that the drone is not waterproof and we do not recommend flying in the strong wind or dusty places. For more details, please see the user manual. Here is the link: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _User_Manual-EN.pdf
If you have any questions, please feel free to talk.
2021-11-1
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

did you remove the gimbal protector?
2021-11-1
Use props
ozoffi
lvl.4
Austria

Yes of course
2021-11-1
Use props
Johnny_J
lvl.4

Sweden

Just keep on caring for your drone as you are now,
2021-11-1
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would NEVER add any lubricant to the drone. It is likely to do more harm than help.
2021-11-1
Use props
djiuser_MdOYM0gZ87wN
New
Philippines

I have the same concern. Humming noise inside the drone and red light blinking. Every time i put the drone it will make that noise, and when i flip it the sound will gone and when i flip it again it will return
2022-12-23
Use props
djiuser_xsfIGeQFOdVe
New
Australia

So i was flying my mini 2 se, very good very perfect but when i decided to take off again it was in the floor, not the most flat but it's kind of flat it looked clear and all that so i started the motors and a heard a crack sound from the drone. I turned the motors off and everything looked completely normal, i thought that the propellers must have sucked a small rock and hit it. Anyway i took off again and it flew smoothly but i recognised that there was a humming sound from the top left motor and also mor louder than usual. Can anyone please help me with this issue?
2023-12-31
Use props
djiuser_xsfIGeQFOdVe
New
Australia

So i was flying my mini 2 se, very good very perfect but when i decided to take off again it was on the floor, not the most flat but it's kind of flat it looked clear and all that so i started the motors and a heard a crack sound from the drone. I turned the motors off and everything looked completely normal, i thought that the propellers must have sucked a small rock and hit it. Anyway i took off again and it flew smoothly but i recognised that there was a humming sound from the top left motor and also more louder than usual. Can anyone please help me with this issue?
2023-12-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_xsfIGeQFOdVe Posted at 12-31 22:20
So i was flying my mini 2 se, very good very perfect but when i decided to take off again it was on the floor, not the most flat but it's kind of flat it looked clear and all that so i started the motors and a heard a crack sound from the drone. I turned the motors off and everything looked completely normal, i thought that the propellers must have sucked a small rock and hit it. Anyway i took off again and it flew smoothly but i recognised that there was a humming sound from the top left motor and also more louder than usual. Can anyone please help me with this issue?

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out. Do you have a video showing the issue? It's better if you can post it for further checking. You can upload it to YouTube or Google Drive and then paste the link here. Thank you.
2023-12-31
Use props
cyan
Ban Posts
Flight distance : 202326 ft
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
1-6 22:18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules