No Android DJI products work for the future?
525 10 2021-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ColorofGrey
lvl.1

United States

I have been using Android phones for a few years, I am due for a new phone but DJI products don't work on new Android phones past Android 11.

I am not sure what to tell my client but I had to leave without any work done. Frustrating but I'd like to finish the job later, however does anyone know if my DJI drones will work with Android in the future or do I need to buy an iPhone to get the job done?

2021-11-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Why not just downgrade back to Android 11 until its released?
2021-11-2
Use props
ColorofGrey
lvl.1

United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-2 00:15
Why not just downgrade back to Android 11 until its released?

Because I can't downgrade the phone; that's only for "unlocked" phones, from what I've read.

Regardless, it can't help with the client from the past weekend. Fingers crossed my DJI drones don't stay paperweights past Thursday or I've got some more explaining to do...
2021-11-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ColorofGrey Posted at 11-2 05:24
Because I can't downgrade the phone; that's only for "unlocked" phones, from what I've read.

Regardless, it can't help with the client from the past weekend. Fingers crossed my DJI drones don't stay paperweights past Thursday or I've got some more explaining to do...

There’s plenty of tutorials online how to do it.
2021-11-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Because I can't downgrade the phone; that's only for "unlocked" phones, from what I've read.

2021-11-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2021-11-2
Use props
ColorofGrey
lvl.1

United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-2 05:28
There’s plenty of tutorials online how to do it.

You realize that's not very helpful though, right? And doesn't help anything from this past weekend with my client?

If I had the new Pixel, for example, I couldn't "downgrade" to the former OS version, know what I mean?
I'm hopeful my DJI drones will soon enough be able to work with the new Android system, but in the meantime, fingers crossed is all I have so far.
2021-11-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ColorofGrey Posted at 11-2 06:02
You realize that's not very helpful though, right? And doesn't help anything from this past weekend with my client?

If I had the new Pixel, for example, I couldn't "downgrade" to the former OS version, know what I mean?

There was a beta version on the download page for  Android 12 support but they’ve pulled it which is odd.

I did find in my notes the link though.

https://service-adhoc.dji.com/do ... 4-825f-d94344385628
2021-11-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ColorofGrey Posted at 11-2 06:02

Ps. The new pixel isn’t on the supported device list yet.
2021-11-2
Use props
ColorofGrey
lvl.1

United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-2 06:27
Ps. The new pixel isn’t on the supported device list yet.

Makes sense; the new Pixel only can have the new Android OS version 12.
2021-11-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ColorofGrey Posted at 11-2 06:27
Makes sense; the new Pixel only can have the new Android OS version 12.

Well. Maybe the beta version for 12 will work for you.  Link above.
2021-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules