DJI Mobile app does not work with Android 12.
8408 25 2021-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aharv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12103 ft
United States

My phone has been updated to Android 12 and now the DJI mobile app will not work.  When can we expect this to be fixed?

2021-11-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi, there. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused. The incompatibility issue of Android 12 has been noticed by our designated teams. Please be noticed that we will cope with this as soon as possible. Thanks for your understanding and support.
2021-11-1
Use props
aharv
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-1 19:12
Hi, there. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused. The incompatibility issue of Android 12 has been noticed by our designated teams. Please be noticed that we will cope with this as soon as possible. Thanks for your understanding and support.

ASAP, is not very reassuring!  I need my DJI Mavic Air 2 operational to document a project.  Can you give me a hard date for resolution? For all the excellence in camera and flight, I would say the mobile app is an area which could stand substantial improvement from DJI.  My other key apps worked well with my Android 12 update, but not DJI Fly
2021-11-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There was a beta version on the download page for  Android 12 support but they’ve pulled it which is odd.

I did find in my notes the link though.

https://service-adhoc.dji.com/do ... 4-825f-d94344385628
2021-11-2
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

aharv Posted at 11-2 06:46
ASAP, is not very reassuring!  I need my DJI Mavic Air 2 operational to document a project.  Can you give me a hard date for resolution? For all the excellence in camera and flight, I would say the mobile app is an area which could stand substantial improvement from DJI.  My other key apps worked well with my Android 12 update, but not DJI Fly

Hello, there. We are really sorry for that. Would you please tell us your phone model? We will check with our designated teams. However, we literally do not know the correct date. Please kindly know that and stay tuned to our official website for the sequent news. Thanks.
2021-11-2
Use props
fans21392d69
New

United States

I'm not sure why DJI is beating around the bush this literally happens every year,  Google updates, the phones and software and DJI is very slow to update the app, this is literally the main reason why I  this is my last DJI product. They are forcing us to buy the DJI controller with the built-in screen that cost almost $800.
2021-11-2
Use props
steven516
lvl.1
Flight distance : 137405 ft
United States

Yep,, I will be switching to anoither brand.. Hate all this App BS..
2021-11-4
Use props
aharv
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-2 18:36
Hello, there. We are really sorry for that. Would you please tell us your phone model? We will check with our designated teams. However, we literally do not know the correct date. Please kindly know that and stay tuned to our official website for the sequent news. Thanks.

DJI Wanda:  Google Pixel 5 with Android 12
2021-11-4
Use props
aharv
lvl.1
United States

aharv Posted at 11-4 10:17
DJI Wanda:  Google Pixel 5 with Android 12

The solution to this issue is to uninstall DJI Fly from the phone after Android 12 update.  Go to DJI site and install a fresh download of DJI Fly.  Seems pretty straight forward.  Why isn't it published?
2021-11-13
Use props
RealSkyMaster
lvl.1

Germany

I have the Samsung S21 Ultra. Since the update to Android 12, I no longer have a live picture (no live video) black screen.
I also installed the current version of the Fly app. Under Android 11 everything was still OK. Please fix that as soon as possible.
2021-11-16
Use props
djiuser_KCwBcjnw1YXg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1085925 ft
Italy

Ennesimo problema DJI FLY con aggioramenti Android

E' inconcepibile che, ad ogni aggiornamento di Android, la vostra applicazione DJI FLY non funzioni e bisogna aspettare MESI prima di poter di nuovo usare il VOSTRO drone.
Si prega di risolvere il problema prima possibile.
2021-11-27
Use props
djiuser_KCwBcjnw1YXg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1085925 ft
Italy

Ho il Samsung S21. Dall'aggiornamento ad Android 12, su DJI FLY ho una SCHERMATA NERA dal drone Mavic Mini (nessun immagine video in diretta). Ho installato la versione corrente dell'app Fly 1.5.1, dopo aver disinstallato la versione precedente e riavviato il cellulare. Con Android 11 funzionava tutto (anche se, pure nel passaggio ad Android 11, c'erano stati problemi con questa applicazione, durati mesi e mesi).  E' inconcepibile che, ad ogni aggiornamento di Android, la vostra applicazione DJI FLY non funzioni e bisogna aspettare MESI prima di poter di nuovo usare il VOSTRO drone. Si prega di risolvere il problema prima possibile.
2021-11-27
Use props
MROdrone
lvl.1
United States

aharv Posted at 11-13 08:14
The solution to this issue is to uninstall DJI Fly from the phone after Android 12 update.  Go to DJI site and install a fresh download of DJI Fly.  Seems pretty straight forward.  Why isn't it published?

That didn't work for me.  I'm on a S21 Ultra with Android 12. Worked fine with Android 11.
2021-11-30
Use props
UAV-KMP
lvl.2
United States

Same problem here: Google Pixel 4a updated to Android 12 and DJI Fly stopped working. Obviously the DJI application test team did not keep up with the current Android world. Would it be possible for DJI to send customers who are in this situation a free-of-charge loaner Smart Controller until the problem is resolved? At this point, customers like myself are totally rendered out of service. The official DJI Fly download site (https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly) clearly states that DJI Fly "Requires Android 6.0 or above".
I have already tried removing DJI Fly completely and then install 1.5.1 - 2025. Still not working.

2021-11-30
Use props
djiuser_7I97KTt0iDNt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13898 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-1 19:12

Hi i did the updates on my s21 ultra tonight and firmware update on my air 2s now i dont have any video resolution settings. Its at 1080p in auto and pro. No slidder option with 2k 4k and 5.1k. So my drone can only record video in 1080p
2021-12-2
Use props
fansf591b778
New

United States

I don't know why we put up with this crap.  It's not like DJI didn't see Android 12 coming, how is it a surprise when all of a sudden the app crashes and the drone is unusable?  
There is no excuse for this.  I've bought my last DJI product as well.
2021-12-4
Use props
Treetop Flyer2
New

United States

Hello - I am A new user with a Mini 2 - have done hours upon hours of research to get the DJI FLY APP loaded to my Samsung S21 5G - (what is the difference between 5G and ULTRA?) - I have spoke with DJI support via chat, no help- have downloaded the application at least 5 times. Go to app on phone and simply says "Can't open app". App that is downloaded from QR code in Quick Start Guide is exactly the same as what is being recommended here.  At wits ends here and about to return the DJI Mini 2 one day out of box. It was highly recommended but no one said it had issues loading FLY APP on Samsung S21 phone.   
2021-12-8
Use props
fans4d8ab2ed
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1220741 ft
United States

I have just purchased a Mini 2. This is my second Dji drone that I've owned. I have downloaded the Fly App at least 8 times and as soon as I get done logging in it freezes on the page that I screen shot down below. Everything!
I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 20 5G. It is very frustrating and if I can't get the app to work I will be returning it back to the store.
Any help would be great!

Edit: Looks like my screen shot isnt posting but its at the point where the window pops up saying "Interested in flying a DJI Aircraft and points to the academy icon. It wont let me log out of the app either, every time i open it its on that screen.
I also checked and my phone says its running Android 11 not 12.
2021-12-9
Use props
fans4fbc6055
New

Mexico

Hello, please can you twll me when fix the trouble with Android 12, i can not use any device..  osmo mobile, osmo pocket and phantom, no one app open
2022-3-13
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fans4fbc6055 Posted at 3-13 23:29
Hello, please can you twll me when fix the trouble with Android 12, i can not use any device..  osmo mobile, osmo pocket and phantom, no one app open

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please uninstall and reinstall the app from our website and try again? Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/downloads
2022-3-13
Use props
Robert.Mauro
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 3-13 23:45
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please uninstall and reinstall the app from our website and try again? Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/downloads

A better idea would be for you to release the update to the Google store. I don't trust DJI enough to use an app directly from your website. Especially since you have avoided publishing the updates to the Android store for a full year now.

Why won't you publish the updates?

I cannot and will not sideload an app.
2022-10-23
Use props
djiuser_dCbN5kZKWIKm
New

United States

My android 12 will not load the software for Pocket 2. I noticed one of your techs said they were working on this last year and still not fixed. How long does it take to fix this issue?
2022-10-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Robert.Mauro Posted at 10-23 19:42
A better idea would be for you to release the update to the Google store. I don't trust DJI enough to use an app directly from your website. Especially since you have avoided publishing the updates to the Android store for a full year now.

Why won't you publish the updates?

Sorry for your inconvenience. The update channels for DJI apps have been adjusted due to Google Play technical adjustments. Please get the latest version of the app through DJI’s official website. User experience, functions, and privacy protections of apps installed through DJI’s official website are still the same as before, so please feel free to use them. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-10-24
Use props
Robert.Mauro
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-24 18:57
Sorry for your inconvenience. The update channels for DJI apps have been adjusted due to Google Play technical adjustments. Please get the latest version of the app through DJI’s official website. User experience, functions, and privacy protections of apps installed through DJI’s official website are still the same as before, so please feel free to use them. Thank you for your understanding and support.

I will do NO such thing. I cannot sideload an app, especially when I don't know what Google App Policy you're violating.

So, what Google Apps policy does your app violate?
2022-10-25
Use props
Robert.Mauro
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2022-10-24 18:57

Any updates for when you will fix the information privacy and sideload issues with the app, and re-release it in the Android Play Store?
2023-2-6
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Robert.Mauro Posted at 2-6 09:49
Any updates for when you will fix the information privacy and sideload issues with the app, and re-release it in the Android Play Store?

Currently, you are advised to download DJI APPs through our website. If there are any updates, we will put them on the official channels or websites. Please stay tuned to our official website.
2023-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules