DJI Mavic Air 2 - 4k video files issue HELP!
1667 7 2021-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 498038 ft
United States

Hello Everyone,

I have been shooting with the Mavic Air 2 for sometime now and I always edit on premiere. I have some decent experience doing so and have been able to create some nice content. However, I noticed when exporting a project for a client that the video was a bit blurry...I had to zoom into the video clip because I was making a vertical video for instagram. Usually when I scale up the quality is still great...but I noticed on my PC in the properties section that the video was 1920 x 1080 and not the 3840 x 2160...I am pretty sure that I always shoot in 4k..and I never change it to 1080p. I checked my other projects and I see a handful of 1920 x 1080....I do use active track on certain subjects like buildings and homes, etc....the SD card I use is 128GB sandisk extreme V30.... I have been learning about h265 lately because of some other iphone 13 pro issues so I am not surprised that I am noticing some things...I can play the dji video files with no problem on my PC...and when I edit in premiere I create proRes proxies which have been treating my well for over 6 months in regards to workflow.

So I am wondering if anyone is having the same issue if they are always shooting in 4k but the imported video from the SD card is a smaller size?....Do you think the SD card is an issue if, for example, the card is 60GB free or less?....I sometimes use a 32GB sandisk extreme V30 as a backup if I forgot my 128GB at home....

Also, I am thinking about shooting in H264 since I am on a PC. Keep in mind that all this terminology is still new to me.

2021-11-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we double confirm that whether the videos you shoot are under H.265 or H.265? Also, could you please tell us the transmission mode at the time you shot? Last could you please tell us which function you used except the active track? Please keep us updating.
2021-11-1
Use props
FB: GeoDrone4K
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Premiere Pro preview is by default 1080p...For faster editing purpose...You can think at it as a proxy...You can put manually to see it in 4K at editing, but not even my 4 x XEON 16 cores does not support a live edit in 4K full quality, so I highly doubt that you will do this.
           So: When you encode it, will take the video and encode as you need as long as you did not created a sequence that is 1080p and the video is transcoded to this 1080p.
           So...check your settings in Premiere Pro, starting from the New Sequence you create that should be 4K, to export that should be 4K...inside the sequence you can add a FHD and rescale it to 4K and export it 4K, but this does not make your video 4K quality, is just upscaling it to fit 4K size. But remember, the PREVIEW will always be 1080p while you are in edit mode (check in Premiere PREFERENCES at Video Preview settings...and don't even try to put it at MAX Quality, will make your CPU a nice toaster!)
Edit later: Use H265, is using more details and have better quality than H264. But at export use for H265 the MAIN profile with manual 6.1 in order to put CRB encoding at a decent 60Mbps and Optical Flow.
And does nothing to do with your micro sd...Check the video from MicroSD by clicking right - Properties - details...and see if is 4K...if it is, you need to learn how to use Premiere....if it is 1920x1080, you need to properly adjust the settings in Video settings from drone.
2021-11-2
Use props
zu
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-1 19:58
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we double confirm that whether the videos you shoot are under H.265 or H.265? Also, could you please tell us the transmission mode at the time you shot? Last could you please tell us which function you used except the active track? Please keep us updating.

Thank you for your reply. I hope you can see these 4 attachments. h265 has been the setting for over a year now. Active track is the only function I use...at times I would use 4k 60fps...it just depends on the type of video...I never use slo-mo feature.
2021-11-2
Use props
zu
lvl.1
United States

FB: GeoDrone4K Posted at 11-2 02:12
Premiere Pro preview is by default 1080p...For faster editing purpose...You can think at it as a proxy...You can put manually to see it in 4K at editing, but not even my 4 x XEON 16 cores does not support a live edit in 4K full quality, so I highly doubt that you will do this.
           So: When you encode it, will take the video and encode as you need as long as you did not created a sequence that is 1080p and the video is transcoded to this 1080p.
           So...check your settings in Premiere Pro, starting from the New Sequence you create that should be 4K, to export that should be 4K...inside the sequence you can add a FHD and rescale it to 4K and export it 4K, but this does not make your video 4K quality, is just upscaling it to fit 4K size. But remember, the PREVIEW will always be 1080p while you are in edit mode  (check in Premiere PREFERENCES at Video Preview settings...and don't even try to put it at MAX Quality, will make your CPU a nice toaster!)

Thank you so much...I understand exactly what you are talking about...I rarely need to export in 4k unless its a YouTube project...but I will keep all those settings in mind for future edits...I think the main question for me is why the raw files are different in size (nothing to do with premiere), I think I might've confused everyone, the export is when I started to notice and did some digging regarding the poor quality. Check out these attachments. These are raw files with no need to change my drone 4k settings to 1080p while shooting.  It's only two files but I noticed in other projects, which I have about 200 folders worth of footage....also keep in mind that I upload everything to my dropbox which is synced to my hard drive, I forgot to mention that.

2021-11-2
Use props
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Romania

Hi,
File 947 (first one) is not made with predefined flight from DJI like Dronie, Rocket, and so on? If it is, this is why you got 1080p and 24 Mbps...You need to change to 4K.
Second one 946 seems to be ok, as I can see is 4K and 100 Mbps Bitrate.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=216013

Cheers
2021-11-2
Use props
zu
lvl.1
United States

FB: GeoDrone4K Posted at 11-2 06:24
Hi,
File 947 (first one) is not made with predefined flight from DJI like Dronie, Rocket, and so on? If it is, this is why you got 1080p and 24 Mbps...You need to change to 4K.
Second one 946 seems to be ok, as I can see is 4K and 100 Mbps Bitrate.

Ahh you lost me there ....regarding clip 947. I just shoot and then transfer from my SD card to a dropbox folder.
2021-11-2
Use props
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Romania

zu@zugroup.net Posted at 11-2 08:10
Ahh you lost me there  ....regarding clip 947. I just shoot and then transfer from my SD card to a dropbox folder.

Perhaps you just made an Quickshot....
The default settings for Quickshot is 1080p...you need to change it from Menu to 4K, like is shown in that post.
2021-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules