DJI M300 RTX - Video streaming
7705 10 2021-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Anku_Jarvis
lvl.1

Saudi Arabia

Hey guys,

I have got DJI M300 RTX a few days back. I am trying to get video stream from controller to laptop using Wifi, HDMI, etc. I got some resources that explain to stream video on social platforms like FB, Youtube. I don't want to stream the video over social media. I just need a simple solution to get video from controller to laptop. If any python library is available for the same will be good. Any help is very much appreciated.  

Thanks.
2021-11-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Please launch the DJI Pilot app. On the [Image Transmission Settings] page, enable [HDMI Output] option. The video output types to be selected include [Duplicate Screen], [Clear Camera View], [Camera View] .
Notes:
1. Select [Duplicate Screen]. The output effect is as follows.

2. Select [Clear Camera View] and [Camera View]. Then set the video display mode and select the output view type (FPV or camera) and quantity (two paths at maximum).
3. What is output from the [Clear Camera View] is pure Camera View (FPV or camera). There is no UI display.
4. The video output from the [Camera View] will display flight data, status, and other information.
2021-11-2
Use props
Anku_Jarvis
lvl.1

Saudi Arabia

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-2 05:45
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Please launch the DJI Pilot app. On the  page, enable [HDMI Output] option. The video output types to be selected include [Duplicate Screen], [Clear Camera View], [Camera View] .
Notes:
1. Select [Duplicate Screen]. The output effect is as follows.

Thanks for the information. I need the Video streaming on local laptop. Also I feel Laptop only have "output" signal with HDMI not "input". So this solution will not work for me. If there are some other method to get video streaming using Wifi, Ethernet etc. please let me know.  
2021-11-3
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Anku_Jarvis Posted at 11-3 00:26
Thanks for the information. I need the Video streaming on local laptop. Also I feel Laptop only have "output" signal with HDMI not "input". So this solution will not work for me. If there are some other method to get video streaming using Wifi, Ethernet etc. please let me know.

Hi, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Then we would recommend you use the controller to live stream and then check the image on your laptop. You can find the live stream button here:

M300 RTK supports live streaming on FlightHub/RTMP/GB28181, please kindly know that.
2021-11-3
Use props
fansd7a3d703
lvl.1

Australia

Is it possible to add a compass bearing on the live stream output from an M300?
I am using camera view with all display settings and I already have the latitude and longitude, however it would be good to have either the map with moving drone or a compass bearing where north is etc.
does anyone know if this is possible?
Thanks
2022-7-12
Use props
djiuser_yWwy3Phrgpzy
lvl.1

Australia

Hi everyone, I have a m300 and wanting to live steam to my MacBook pro, how do you do this? Thanks
2022-8-14
Use props
IBV Bob
lvl.3
Flight distance : 123707 ft
Sweden

DJI Wanda Posted at 2021-11-3 04:22
Hi, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Then we would recommend you use the controller to live stream and then check the image on your laptop. You can find the live stream button here:
[view_image]
M300 RTK supports live streaming on FlightHub/RTMP/GB28181, please kindly know that.

Hallo,
Same problem. I want to stream to laptop or DJI Goggles2 using them as screen.
Is the pilot2 app on the RC+ capable of that?- Any difference between the apps and Controllers in regards to streaming.- I think there are many that just want to get the stream out without involving a social media account.
2022-9-3
Use props
fans5b25584c
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24012 ft
United States

I don't know if this helps, but there is an app named APowerMirror that I have used in the past that sends the live video feed of whatever is displayed on the controller to another device via a WiFi link. Since it's a wireless connection it works very well in the field.

You load the transmit app on the M300 controller, then load the receive app on a tablet, phone or computer. Before takeoff you establish the WiFi connection, then fly as you normally would,

We used it flying over water looking for sea turtles that were "cold stunned" by a sudden freeze. I flew around at the direction of a wildlife biologist who was holding a tablet in his hand.

We have used it casting to both Android tablets and a PC, and it says it works with Apple products.

2022-9-5
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

IBV Bob Posted at 9-3 04:33
Hallo,
Same problem. I want to stream to laptop or DJI Goggles2 using them as screen.
Is the pilot2 app on the RC+ capable of that?- Any difference between the apps and Controllers in regards to streaming.- I think there are many that just want to get the stream out without involving a social media account.

Hello, there. Sorry for the late response. We specifically consult with our teams. For your question, You may use DJI FlightHub 2 to stream the live feed or use RTMP to live stream without involving social media.
2022-9-6
Use props
IBV Bob
lvl.3
Flight distance : 123707 ft
Sweden

fans5b25584c Posted at 9-5 01:08
I don't know if this helps, but there is an app named APowerMirror that I have used in the past that sends the live video feed of whatever is displayed on the controller to another device via a WiFi link. Since it's a wireless connection it works very well in the field.

You load the transmit app on the M300 controller, then load the receive app on a tablet, phone or computer. Before takeoff you establish the WiFi connection, then fly as you normally would,

Thanks for the tip. Interesting solution. I've got the same situation with sharing the screen to environmental or crash site experts. All teh best!:-)
2022-9-8
Use props
Msjewie5
New

Germany

Hi,
at my rescue organization we also have an M300 RTK with two Smart Controllers. We always do the latest updates on our gear. Until the beginning of the present year, we have streamed the footage of the drone to our command vehicle via RTMP Custom Stream to a local rtmp server and it work seamlessly. Now after the second update or so, the function moved to the main menu and no longer working with our setup. When entering the stream like rtmp://123.123.123.12:1935 (as before the update) and I try to activate the stream from the flight display, it says "There was an error streaming. Try again later", but I cant get it working.
Has somebody try to livestream to a local rtmp server with the latest software in the last weeks? This is a important feature for us, we use it more and more, because share the live feed with more parties becomes more and more important.
Please help.
Thank you.
2022-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules