786 6 2021-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fnf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 428038 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,

I got the Osmo Pocket since it became available in the UK and now have the Pocket 2 Creator Combo. I've been carrying them everywhere, really excellent products.

It's been many months since I connected the Pocket 2 to the DJI Mimo app. I wanted to try out the new HDR video functionality today since the current firmware (v01.01.00.30) doesn't have it. Plugged the Pocket into the app and a firmware upgrade notification popped up. I then proceeded with the installation.

Unfortunately mid-way into the installation the app crashed.. now it no longer gives me any option to upgrade the firmware.

The camera still works and is on the old firmware, but there are many new functionalities in the latest one that I'd like to give it a try. This is one of the best thing I loved about DJI products since they keep getting new features over time.

Please could you let me know if there's a way to force the app to upgrade the firmware?. Since the camera still works it seems the issue is caused by the app.

2021-11-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had this happen once before.  I uninstalled the Mimo App and installed a clean version from the DJI Web site.  Firmware update took that time without issue.  Maybe it will work for you also.
2021-11-2
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please check your PM and refer to the instructions of the post. Here is the link:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 622&pid=2513222
Thanks!
2021-11-2
Use props
fnf
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-2 04:35
I had this happen once before.  I uninstalled the Mimo App and installed a clean version from the DJI Web site.  Firmware update took that time without issue.  Maybe it will work for you also.

Thank you for the suggestion, I forgot to mention that I was using version 1.7.0 of the app which appears to be the latest update.
2021-11-2
Use props
fnf
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-2 04:58
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please check your PM and refer to the instructions of the post. Here is the link:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=245622&pid=2513222
Thanks!

That worked!. Thank you for the prompt response, that was much appreciated . I can't confirm if the app will let me update to future firmwares yet since it seems V01.03.00.10 is the latest, but fingers crossed that it's been resolved.

Thank you again.
2021-11-2
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fnf Posted at 11-2 06:15
That worked!. Thank you for the prompt response, that was much appreciated  . I can't confirm if the app will let me update to future firmwares yet since it seems V01.03.00.10 is the latest, but fingers crossed that it's been resolved.

Thank you again.

You are most welcome.
2021-11-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

fnf Posted at 11-2 06:15
That worked!. Thank you for the prompt response, that was much appreciated  . I can't confirm if the app will let me update to future firmwares yet since it seems V01.03.00.10 is the latest, but fingers crossed that it's been resolved.

Thank you again.

Sorry my suggestion didn't work for you but I'm glad to hear you got the firmware updated.  Hope you have a great week.
2021-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules