Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
utkin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237733 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Overall impression is OK but there are two severe bugs that I have discovered
1.  Junk files with .LRF extension that take about 30% of precious space, needless to say the processing would load extra CPU and SD card bandwidth! Some say DJI concerted with SD cards manufacturers to nudge consumers to buy bigger and more expensive capacity but I don't believe in that conspiracy so it is just a bug. However very annoying so please DJI fix it ASAP
2. Too high ISO is selected in auto exposure video mode. Please refer to the picture. In that lighting conditions the ISO should be 100 and slower shutter speed should be selected
PNG image.png

Appreciate if these setious IMO bugs are fixed in the next FW upgrade
2021-11-2
Use props
fansaa605903
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7500 ft
Poland

3. When not used, the battery drains at about 30% / 24 hours rate. Just turning it on for a couple of seconds to check the status. That's unacceptable.
2021-11-2
Use props
jhoff80
lvl.4
United States

When the front camera module is low on battery, the status menu says that the "Power Module" is low on battery.
Also I'm not quite sure why the green light LED on the front screen module stays blinking even after I turn the device off.  I thought maybe it was relating to charging of the main module, but it's still blinking even after the main module is charged to 100%.
2021-11-2
Use props
utkin
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

in white balance selection in auto mode current color temperature is displayed and this number is remained when I switch to manual. But picture's color temperature changes. It looks like auto-wb displays incorrect numbers
2021-11-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there utkin. Good day and thank you for sharing these information with us. I will cascade these information to the designated DJI department for further attention. Thank you and have a nice day.
2021-11-2
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

jhoff80 Posted at 11-2 11:27
When the front camera module is low on battery, the status menu says that the "Power Module" is low on battery.
Also I'm not quite sure why the green light LED on the front screen module stays blinking even after I turn the device off.  I thought maybe it was relating to charging of the main module, but it's still blinking even after the main module is charged to 100%.

The device goes to sleep for an hour after use, then shuts down.  I believe DJI are considering changes to this system.
2021-11-2
Use props
fans9c0b0594
lvl.1
Flight distance : 683028 ft
Brazil

Estou com problema no audio na hora de transmissão ao vivo no mini2, sai chiado o audio da live! Se eu transmitir a tela por outro app o audio sai normal!
2021-11-2
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansaa605903 Posted at 11-2 10:51
3. When not used, the battery drains at about 30% / 24 hours rate. Just turning it on for a couple of seconds to check the status. That's unacceptable.

I think this is related to where the action 2 goes to sleep for an hour after turning it off before it actually turns off. I think when we long press the shutter/power button we should get a menu to pop up asking of we want sleep mode or to power off or shut down. In my mind, if I turn something off, I want it off, not asleep.
2021-11-3
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Was any kind of EIS turned on when you saw that fast shutter speed set?  Because EIS only works with fast shutter speeds, so that would be given some priority in the auto exposure system.
2021-11-3
Use props
utkin
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-3 05:57
Was any kind of EIS turned on when you saw that fast shutter speed set?  Because EIS only works with fast shutter speeds, so that would be given some priority in the auto exposure system.

I tried to disable EIS but it did not help.
May I know what you mean by "faster speed" faster than what? In my case the lighting conditions were very good enough to shoot 1/200 speed at 100 ISO.
Also if I chose ISO limit 100-200 the device was able to operate with EIS with no issues
2021-11-3
Use props
snorkel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 452592 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not sure if this has been mentioned but resolution settings are not saved, I noticed mine keeps going back to Horizon Steady after I power it off and on again.
2021-11-4
Use props
snorkel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Yes, I noticed a lot of extra files.  The Osmo Action 1 just had .mp4 files.
2021-11-4
Use props
edwardquan
lvl.4
United Kingdom

snorkel Posted at 11-4 07:02

I'm pretty sure these issues will get fixed in future firmware releases.  DJI just need a bit of time given it's a brand new product.
2021-11-4
Use props
fans2ba7882f
lvl.3
Flight distance : 268091 ft
  • >>>
United States

I cannot view pictures or videos via DJI Mimi App on Iphone 12 Pro. I see blank thumbnails of pictures and videos.
2021-11-4
Use props
snorkel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Ok found another issue.

While plugged into a 3 amp battery bank (output is 3amps) the Action 2 drained both the internal and battery mod and the USB power bank could not keep up so I got
a little over 1 hour at 4k 30 in a 20 min loop mode.
There seems to be some serious battery/power issues going on with the action 2 right now.
A 3amp power bank should be able to keep this thing powered/charged....

2021-11-4
Use props
bsmorgan
lvl.2
United States

I connected a USB power meter while charging and doing file transfers. The battery icon says 100% charged but the Action 2 is still drawing just shy of 1amp and is very hot, around 100 degrees F. This is with firmware 01.01.05.10, camera firmware 10.00.18.47, front touchscreen firmware 01.00.01.12
2021-11-4
Use props
edwardquan
lvl.4
United Kingdom

fans2ba7882f Posted at 11-4 10:11
I cannot view pictures or videos via DJI Mimi App on Iphone 12 Pro. I see blank thumbnails of pictures and videos.

This is a known issue which is being investigated by DJI
2021-11-4
Use props
edwardquan
lvl.4
United Kingdom

snorkel Posted at 11-4 11:31
Ok found another issue.

While plugged into a 3 amp battery bank (output is 3amps) the Action 2 drained both the internal and battery mod and the USB power bank could not keep up so I got

I'm sure this will get addressed in a future firmware upgrade
2021-11-4
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

edwardquan Posted at 11-4 15:29

That's curious as my setup works with mimo and the only difference in his setup is I'm using iPhone 12 pro max and he's using the iPhone 12 pro. I'm sure there's some difference there but I wouldn't understand why it would work for me and not him with just that difference.
2021-11-4
Use props
jhoff80
lvl.4
United States

This thing with the battery dying quickly while not in use is ridiculous.  They better fix that one fast.  My front touchscreen and camera were both at 100% this morning when I unplugged them.  By the time I was home from work they were completely drained.  That'd be bad enough if it was in sleep the whole time, but it should be powering down fully at some point.
2021-11-4
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

jhoff80 Posted at 11-4 15:51
This thing with the battery dying quickly while not in use is ridiculous.  They better fix that one fast.  My front touchscreen and camera were both at 100% this morning when I unplugged them.  By the time I was home from work they were completely drained.  That'd be bad enough if it was in sleep the whole time, but it should be powering down fully at some point.

I agree. I think there should be an option to choose either sleep mode or power off. Some have suggested disconnecting the camera module from the front touchscreen module or battery bank module but I think having them together would fit me better. Always at the ready, of course given the battery is charged of course. Makes me wonder how that affects the life of the batteries.
2021-11-4
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

snorkel Posted at 11-4 07:02

Those low res files are the way things work these days.  That's the way you can get playback in the app.  I guess they could make an option switch but they may have a policy not to hobble the app functionality.
2021-11-4
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

jhoff80 Posted at 11-4 15:51
This thing with the battery dying quickly while not in use is ridiculous.  They better fix that one fast.  My front touchscreen and camera were both at 100% this morning when I unplugged them.  By the time I was home from work they were completely drained.  That'd be bad enough if it was in sleep the whole time, but it should be powering down fully at some point.

Pending the upcoming fix stated by DJI, keep the modules separate when not in use - at least the magnetic system makes that easy.
2021-11-4
Use props
forbsie
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

fans2ba7882f Posted at 11-4 10:11
I cannot view pictures or videos via DJI Mimi App on Iphone 12 Pro. I see blank thumbnails of pictures and videos.

Same issue for me too
2021-11-4
Use props
utkin
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-4 16:41
Those low res files are the way things work these days.  That's the way you can get playback in the app.  I guess they could make an option switch but they may have a policy not to hobble the app functionality.

Do you mean they did it because they have not found better way to make their Mimo work? I don't care about low-res preview and I don't care about Mimo at all. I do care about how long I am able to shoot until storage is used up and if this is not fixed well, next time I will select brand more carefully.
2021-11-5
Use props
forbsie
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

edwardquan Posted at 11-4 15:29

Do you have any more details or a link to where this has been acknowledged by DJI?
2021-11-9
Use props
edwardquan
lvl.4
United Kingdom

forbsie Posted at 11-9 18:27
Do you have any more details or a link to where this has been acknowledged by DJI?

Hi - sure - it's acknowledged by DJI on post 22 on page 2 of this thread:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... id%3D557&page=2
2021-11-10
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

utkin Posted at 11-5 06:56
Do you mean they did it because they have not found better way to make their Mimo work? I don't care about low-res preview and I don't care about Mimo at all. I do care about how long I am able to shoot until storage is used up and if this is not fixed well, next time I will select brand more carefully.

As I recall it, my late lamented Go 2 did the same thing.  So you may have to do a bit of research to find a brand which doesn't do it.
2021-11-10
Use props
forbsie
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

edwardquan Posted at 11-10 00:27
Hi - sure - it's acknowledged by DJI on post 22 on page 2 of this thread:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=252037&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D557&page=2

Thanks for providing the link
2021-11-10
Use props
edwardquan
lvl.4
United Kingdom

forbsie Posted at 11-10 03:13
Thanks for providing the link

np - glad to help
2021-11-10
Use props
forbsie
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Mimo. Two new issues discovered. Video 2.7K/120/HS. Unable to play, download or export video, .. and alert message not translated to English (Google Translate tells me it says "Format not supported")

Not sure if this is due to using an old iPhone 5 which of course has lower processing capability (I can't use my iPhone 8 which won't even show a preview), but problems with DJI Mimo are making it very hard to get enthused about the Action 2!

IMG_0002.PNG
2021-11-10
Use props
forbsie
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

forbsie Posted at 11-10 14:05
DJI Mimo. Two new issues discovered. Video 2.7K/120/HS. Unable to play, download or export video, .. and alert message not translated to English (Google Translate tells me it says "Format not supported")

Not sure if this is due to using an old iPhone 5 which of course has lower processing capability (I can't use my iPhone 8 which won't even show a preview), but problems with DJI Mimo are making it very hard to get enthused about the Action 2!

Update: I changed Video Compression from HEVC (Efficiency) to H.264 (Compatibility) and was then able to play, download and export 2.7K/120/HS video footage. Seems bizarre having the HEVC option if it is not supported?!?
2021-11-11
Use props
BrianWu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1358 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

I updated to the latest firmware, but found that the display module not responsive.

Sometimes SWITCH ON the camera but front monitor no display, sometimes have display.

I tried to reset the camera but the issue still happened.
2021-12-27
Use props
flow314
lvl.1

Hungary

After 1 week of usage:
When switching on, sometimes screen stays black for some on-off cycles. Camera responds, can record, take photo, touch screen is also active (I could mess up settings, switch modes blind). After 5-10 on-off switching screen comes back.
Firmware update: (I hoped it would solve screen problem)
Update crashed, ended with fail message. Tried on tablet, then phone, same result. Final solution: I set WiFi to 5GHZ instead of 2.4GHZ, and it succeeded (?). BUT between failed fw updates the camera tried to update the battery fw as well, it also failed.
After successful camera update, the battery update is still failing, and runs with every power-on (2 minutes idling). Battery button doesn't work, can't see SD card, no LED feedback, charging and cable download works (small luck). App says fw update is successful... but not.
2022-1-3
Use props
djiuser_bgX5aZcw5qlF
New

India

<h1>hi</h1>
2023-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules