Ipad Mini 6 connectivity issue
7600 37 2021-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
joecnc2006
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13924 ft
United States

The Ipad mini 6 uses USB C. I can not connect go4 app to the Phantom 4  pro V1. It connects just fine to my Mavic Air. So its a software issue  with go4 on the mini 6 to the P4P.
BTW: the P4P work just fine on my Galaxy note 20 ultra. so it is not a P4P problem. Also have uninstalled and reinstalled go4 app several times so its not that issue.

2021-11-2
Use props
joecnc2006
lvl.1
United States

i was online with tech support and no help there. it boils down to an incompatibility issue with the p4p controller firmware and the go4 app from all indications i see.
because the go4 app works just fine with the mavic air and the Ipad mini 6
2021-11-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there joecnc2006. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the said mobile device ( iPad Mini 6 ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Phantom 4 Pro and with the DJI Go 4 application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the said DJI Drone and with the DJI Go 4 application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the iPad Mini 6 will be able to work on the DJI Phantom 4 Pro and with the DJI Go 4 application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go 4 application while using it on the DJI Phantom 4 Pro . For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Phantom 4 Pro ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/phantom-4-pro ). Thank you.
2021-11-2
Use props
fans105d526d
lvl.1
United States

Will this be worked on to resolve? there are several people buying the IPAD Mini 6 because of its screen resolution the A15 chip and size/weight which makes it almost perfect for the P4P controller and many other DJI products.

It would be great to be able to utilize this tablet.
2021-11-3
Use props
djiuser_BrwcbCK0knKy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3500151 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-2 19:45
Hello there joecnc2006. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the said mobile device ( iPad Mini 6 ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Phantom 4 Pro and with the DJI Go 4 application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the said DJI Drone and with the DJI Go 4 application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the iPad Mini 6 will be able to work on the DJI Phantom 4 Pro and with the DJI Go 4 application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go 4 application while using it on the DJI Phantom 4 Pro . For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Phantom 4 Pro ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/phantom-4-pro ). Thank you.

Hello, I cannot get my 2018 ipad pro to connect either. What is the issue? It used to work flawlessly for all of my flights, now it is useless. Mavic Air 2 Controller connects perfectly to my Samsung Galaxy via the same cables.
2021-11-3
Use props
djiuser_Rkz2gaRZV8f5
lvl.1

Canada

My new iPad mini six would not connect to my Mavic two pro until I use the USB connection to the bottom of the controller even after arranging connection flight is not possible because the controllers do not operate as expected
2021-11-5
Use props
toddruhlbrokergmail.com
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-2 19:45
Hello there joecnc2006. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the said mobile device ( iPad Mini 6 ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Phantom 4 Pro and with the DJI Go 4 application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the said DJI Drone and with the DJI Go 4 application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the iPad Mini 6 will be able to work on the DJI Phantom 4 Pro and with the DJI Go 4 application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go 4 application while using it on the DJI Phantom 4 Pro . For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Phantom 4 Pro ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/phantom-4-pro ). Thank you.

Does DJI plan to update the app so it will work with the new iPad Mini?
2021-11-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

toddruhlbrokergmail.com Posted at 11-6 08:13
Does DJI plan to update the app so it will work with the new iPad Mini?

Hi there toddruhlbrokergmail.com. Thank you for the inquiry. As of the moment we do not have any information with regard to this matter. Rest assured that our DJI R&D Team are continuously testing multiple devices to be added on the DJI Go 4 application recommended mobile device list in the future. Thank you.
2021-11-9
Use props
ATJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17736 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-9 21:54
Hi there toddruhlbrokergmail.com. Thank you for the inquiry. As of the moment we do not have any information with regard to this matter. Rest assured that our DJI R&D Team are continuously testing multiple devices to be added on the DJI Go 4 application recommended mobile device list in the future. Thank you.

Just curious has anyone tried using a USB C Female to USB Male Adapter?
2021-11-10
Use props
Todd Ruhl
lvl.1
United States

ATJ Posted at 11-10 03:59

Haven't yet...but I suppose it's worth a try.
2021-11-11
Use props
Todd Ruhl
lvl.1
United States

ATJ Posted at 11-10 03:59

Tried it...didn't work.
2021-11-16
Use props
Newport home drone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3500151 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-9 21:54
Hi there toddruhlbrokergmail.com. Thank you for the inquiry. As of the moment we do not have any information with regard to this matter. Rest assured that our DJI R&D Team are continuously testing multiple devices to be added on the DJI Go 4 application recommended mobile device list in the future. Thank you.

Major Update!

After some time on the phone with DJI support, and then a follow up via email from them, they suggested putting the controller on the charger prior to connecting to my iPad Pro 2018.

I found this ACTUALLY WORKS. I was able to reliably connect my Mavic Air 2 controller several times to my iPad which was previously working about 1 in 100 attempts. The charger or power source can be disconnected as soon as the controller and iPad are communicating and there were no issues. Its raining now so I haven't given it a test flight but it appears stable.

This is still a temporary fix. Clearly after the iPad OS 15 update (which cannot be rolled back, tried talking to Apple support), the iPad is not talking to the Mavic Air 2 controller correctly. I get neither power or data over the USB C to USB C connection without performing the above fix each time the 2 are connected.

Let's be clear: ***DJI still needs to fix this bug***, but in the meantime, at least for the 2018 iPad Pro (iPad OS 15) to Mavic Air 2 controller connection, it seems like carrying a portable battery pack or car charger might be a workaround.

Give this a try with the iPad Mini and other hardware pairings people have been having trouble with! Hopefully this works for your devices too.
2021-11-26
Use props
GJA
lvl.1

Greece

I have faced the same problem. I bought a new ipad mini 6 (15.1) for my P4 to stop use my iphone 12 (15.1.1) and cannot connect them. Has anybody found a solution on this???
2021-12-9
Use props
RMan75
New

United States

I'm having a similar problem connecting  my Mavic Pro to my new iPad mini 6. It works fine with my iPad mini 4. But iPad mini 4 is now dying. As I use it for flying full scale with Foreflight, I bought a new iPad mini 6. Now it will not connect to Mavic Pro.  DJI please generate a fix for this bug. The iPad mini 6 is very nice and will be setting the standard for flight control, full scale or drone.
2022-1-8
Use props
EAGLEPOWER
lvl.1

Brazil

Is funny that my phantom 4 pro does not work with ipad mini 6, but the phantom 4 pro v2 it does!
2022-2-7
Use props
Chaff_Cutter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9163 ft
Australia

Please fix this iPad mini6 - P4P uncompatibility issue... DJI!
2022-2-14
Use props
GerryLec
New
Canada

Same problem here, my Phantom 4 and iPad 6 are incompatible. Tried USB-C to USB-A cable and adapter but no luck. Will try power to controller suggestion.
2022-2-22
Use props
OzoneTech
lvl.3
Flight distance : 751827 ft
Singapore

Any one tried using Litchi App on iPad Mini 6 to connect it with RC of P4P V1?
2022-2-24
Use props
frandenrdennisfrantz.com
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4026 ft
  • >>>
United States

EAGLEPOWER Posted at 2-7 08:46
Is funny that my phantom 4 pro does not work with ipad mini 6, but the phantom 4 pro v2 it does!

I too would like DJI to solve this issue. I have 4 Phantom 4s, only one is a P4 Pro v2. Please solve the issue so that I can fly my other P4 Pro V1
Thank you,
Dennis Frantz
2022-3-12
Use props
MassDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 894642 ft
United States

OzoneTech Posted at 2-24 20:54
Any one tried using Litchi App on iPad Mini 6 to connect it with RC of P4P V1?

I tried this with my Mini 6 and it doesn't connect.
2022-3-24
Use props
VideoPhantom
New

United States

I know this is an old thread, but I've been able to use my new iPad mini 6 to connect to my Phantom 3 Pro with the DJI GO app.  It involved using a different cable.  Since the iPad mini 6 uses a USB-C connection, I first tried to use a USB-C to USB-A (the original) cable to the RC, but it didn't work.  After reading through some of the forums, I found out that if I use a USB-C to USB-C cable and put a converter from USB-C female to USB-A male, it works!  Here's a link on Amazon for the converters from Syntech:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08QS47SGH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1.
2022-5-26
Use props
fans105d526d
lvl.1
United States

@VideoPhantom,  Thank you so much. I am please to say I got the same adapter in your link and it worked. Now i can use my IPAD Mini 6 with the Phantom 4 pro.

If anyone is in doubt don't be it works great.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08QS47SGH?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

2022-5-31
Use props
CUWCD
lvl.1

United States

@fans105d526d, Thank you for the workaround idea, unfortunately It didn't work for me.  The RC is connected to the drone, but the software will not recognize that it is connected.  If anyone else has any ideas I would love to hear it.

2022-6-13
Use props
Javier7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 567251 ft
Spain

fans105d526d Posted at 5-31 16:42
@VideoPhantom,  Thank you so much. I am please to say I got the same adapter in your link and it worked. Now i can use my IPAD Mini 6 with the Phantom 4 pro.

If anyone is in doubt don't be it works great.

Hello.  
I bought the adapter you mention.  
And after plugging it in now the iPad recognizes that there is a power source connected but the DJI Go 4 app still doesn't recognize the Phantom 4 PRO.  
Any more ideas to be able to connect my Phantom 4 PRO?

It's amazing that DJI still hasn't fixed this issue.

All the best.
EB5CE30F-B72B-46FC-9229-316449E35000.png
2022-6-14
Use props
Shafnitz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5330728 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can anyone tell us what USB-C cable they're using to get this to work? I got the adapter mentioned above, but I've tried every USB-C cable I own and I'm still not getting it to connect.
2022-6-22
Use props
cneedelman.1
lvl.1

United States

Javier7 Posted at 6-14 21:54
Hello.  
I bought the adapter you mention.  
And after plugging it in now the iPad recognizes that there is a power source connected but the DJI Go 4 app still doesn't recognize the Phantom 4 PRO.  

Same problem, I have the adaptor coming today, hopefully it will work...I'd rather not have top fly a job tomorrow with my iPhone. I'm hoping DJI will fix this
2022-7-6
Use props
cneedelman.1
lvl.1

United States

OzoneTech Posted at 2-24 20:54
Any one tried using Litchi App on iPad Mini 6 to connect it with RC of P4P V1?

Tried Litchi, doesn't work
2022-7-6
Use props
cneedelman.1
lvl.1

United States

cneedelman.1 Posted at 7-6 09:06
Same problem, I have the adaptor coming today, hopefully it will work...I'd rather not have top fly a job tomorrow with my iPhone. I'm hoping DJI will fix this

Sadly the adaptor doesn't work fo me with P4p V1 and iPad Mini 6
2022-7-6
Use props
djiuser_L87JMe0UYFMW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2312756 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you've got a Phantom 4 Pro v1 and an iPad Mini 6 that won't work together, I've found a USB A to USB C adapter and charging cord combo that will make it work. I've tried dozens of combos, and this finally worked! Links below.

Syntech USB C Female to USB Male Adapter Type C to USB A Converter Compatible with iPhone 13 12 Pro Max iPad Air 6 Apple Watch Series 7 AirPods 3 Samsung Galaxy etc Silver https://a.co/d/174caKg

Super Fast Charger Type C, 25W USB-C Fast Charging Block with 10FT Android Phone Charger Cable for Samsung Galaxy S22/S22 Ultra/S22+/S21/S21 Ultra/S21+/S21 FE/Note 20 S20 Ultra/Note 10 Plus/Z Fold 3 https://a.co/d/gBoeaDR
2022-8-30
Use props
JoeCNC2006
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_L87JMe0UYFMW Posted at 8-30 15:29
If you've got a Phantom 4 Pro v1 and an iPad Mini 6 that won't work together, I've found a USB A to USB C adapter and charging cord combo that will make it work. I've tried dozens of combos, and this finally worked! Links below.

Syntech USB C Female to USB Male Adapter Type C to USB A Converter Compatible with iPhone 13 12 Pro Max iPad Air 6 Apple Watch Series 7 AirPods 3 Samsung Galaxy etc Silver https://a.co/d/174caKg

Yes that is the exact combination i am using and i can now use the Mini 6 with DJI Go4 and DJI GS Pro
2022-8-31
Use props
Shafnitz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5330728 ft
  • >>>
United States

YES! See comment #37. This is finally working for me!
2022-9-1
Use props
Galuwen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21611 ft

Austria

Still working?
2022-10-9
Use props
Bartłomiej
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6562 ft

Poland

DJI has been trying to fix the USB-C issue since 11.2021 r.
The iPad mini 6 was presented on 9.2021 r.
The last Phantom 4 Pro V1 / Advanced firmware update is from 2020 r.
Now we have 2023 r.
For me, this is DJI's clear answer to user needs.
2023-4-20
Use props
JoeCNC2006
lvl.1
United States

Bartłomiej Posted at 4-20 08:49
DJI has been trying to fix the USB-C issue since 11.2021 r.
The iPad mini 6 was presented on 9.2021 r.
The last Phantom 4 Pro V1 / Advanced firmware update is from 2020 r.

Link to firmware....
2023-4-20
Use props
CajunSwampDrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 92188 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2021-11-2 19:45
Hello there joecnc2006. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the said mobile device ( iPad Mini 6 ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Phantom 4 Pro and with the DJI Go 4 application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the said DJI Drone and with the DJI Go 4 application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the iPad Mini 6 will be able to work on the DJI Phantom 4 Pro and with the DJI Go 4 application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go 4 application while using it on the DJI Phantom 4 Pro . For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Phantom 4 Pro ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/phantom-4-pro ). Thank you.

Stop referring to the outdated list of compatible devices!  It’s time that DJI stands behind their products and support them!  Update the damn firmware to allow USB C connections!
2023-4-20
Use props
Bartłomiej
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6562 ft

Poland

So when will the iPad mini 6 start working with the RC Phantom 4 Advanced?
2023-5-2
Use props
fans982aefcf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 56873 ft
United States

Does DJI not care about this issue?
2023-5-4
Use props
DJI-Fan-007
lvl.1
Flight distance : 56873 ft
United States

Searching and going through forums, seems like this would be an improvement for people who spent a ton of money with DJI and product support gets kicked to the curb relatively quick. Spend thousands on a phantom 4 pro V1 when they came out and now can’t even use a new ipad because of the USB C problem. DJI PLEASE FIX.
2023-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules