How to make the focus wheel work with Canon 5D MIII?
395 2 2021-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_yYBCXSNcciHw
lvl.1
Canada

I upgraded the firmware on my Ronan S to the most current version as of Nov, 2021 and upgraded Canon firmware to 1.3.6.The focus button works, but the focus wheel doesn't seem to do anything.
The light is green so I assume it should do.
Even if it could just make a farting noise when I turn it, then that would be an improvement.

I've come across a few posts about it, but no answers.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
2021-11-2
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please check the things below?

Or you can see more details from our user manual.
Here is the link:
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... t%20Information.pdf
For your reference, we also have tutorials:
Also, would you please tell us how the indicator light shows? It would be appreciated if you can record a video for us.
2021-11-3
Use props
djiuser_yYBCXSNcciHw
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-3 02:18
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please check the things below?
[view_image]
Or you can see more details from our user manual.

Hi Wanda,

Thank you for your response.
It looks like all my settings were correct.
The switch, which I didn't even know was there, was set to CAN.
I toggled it to S-BUS and the light went from green to red, then I toggled it back to CAN and the light when green again. After that, it worked!

I wonder if it was actually working all along and I just didn't know because I have to turn it a lot to effect the focus, like it's working in some micro-focus mode. Is there some focus wheel sensitivity adjustment available? I looked elsewhere in the forum and it was indicated in https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=162550  that there is some control over it, but I can't find any documentation around it.

Thank you!
2021-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules