Joining 4Gb clips
3042 4 2021-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
matikl
lvl.1
Estonia

Hello all!

Couple of days using my new Pocket 2 and almost happy with it. What makes disappointment and frustration, is the 4Gb limit of video clips. This is only 5 minutes of video.
Probably there is no hope, that DJI will do a FW update, that will remove this limit. What software do You use for joining the clips?
I tried DaVinci Resolve, but this is so damn complicated, i almost ended with throwing my computer. Why does a simple task, like joining some clips, have to be such a headache.

2021-11-2
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

I had this same problem earlier on, plus the problem that when the clips were joint, there was a clear frame freeze between the connected clips. I asked about it from DJI and they suggested me to have a look at the tools at https://www.mp4joiner.org/en/ . I tried the MP4Joiner included in the package, and not only was I able to join the separate clips together, but it also solved the frame freeze problem. The package can be downloaded completely free of charge, so nothing to lose. I strongly recommend that one for the job. You may need to adjust some settings, but for the most part, it is also simple to use.

Having the footage in multiple separate clips is somewhat frustrating, but there is at least one good thing about it: if one of the clips become corrupted, the rest will still remain so you won't lose all the footage in that case (when compared to having one big file that ends up corrupted and destroys all of the footage included).

Hopefully this is the solution for you :-)
2021-11-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there matikl. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for posting these information. The maximum capacity of a single file will not exceed 4GB. If exceeded, the recording will be stopped, and a new recording will be started. In addition, the maximum file size of FAT32 is 4GB. Hence, a file that is larger than or equal to 4GB will be divided, otherwise, the file may be lost or abnormal and cannot be read. Although exFAT allows a larger file size, the larger file may be damaged due to abnormal power-off and SD card removal, or even cannot be recovered. So the storage of the camera is 4GB regardless of the file systems. So it is normal the video will be split if it reaches 4GB. In addition I hope that our felloe DJI co pilots can give what editing software they are using with regards to this matter. Thank you.
2021-11-2
Use props
matikl
lvl.1
Estonia

Thank You both for answers. MP4Joiner seems to be really simple software, i shall try it ASAP. And if i understand correctly, this 4Gb limit is made for saving most of the footage, if something happens during recording with camera. But why should happen something to camera, if everything works, that i did not understand.
2021-11-3
Use props
djiuser_LgExQ2pYgxAN
lvl.2

Sweden

I add the files to a folder with FFMPEG included and use concatenate
with this .bat script:
(for %%i in (*.mp4) do @echo file '%%i') > videolist.txt
ffmpeg -f concat -safe 0 -i videolist.txt -c copy output.mp4

Quickest way I've found to merge the files.
2021-11-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules