DJI Fly won't install - solution for some users
599 6 2021-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nimpo
lvl.1

France

For all those who have issue with Samsung J6, A20 ... and any onther model that habe a 64bit proc but a 32bit OS.I fixed my J6 by installing a real 64bit custom OS on it.
This one : https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-10-radicalquack-oneui-2-5-port-v4-5-j600x-exynos7870-arm64-08-2021.4237171/

I think the same can be done on many entry level phone.
2021-11-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Good day and thank you for sharing these information and this link with us. Just a reminder that DJI suggests using a recommended mobile device when flying your DJI drone and when using the DJI Fly ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ) application for compatibility and reliability purposes. Thank you and fly safe always.
2021-11-2
Use props
nimpo
lvl.1

France

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-2 23:29
Hello there. Good day and thank you for sharing these information and this link with us. Just a reminder that DJI suggests using a recommended mobile device when flying your DJI drone and when using the DJI Fly ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ) application for compatibility and reliability purposes. Thank you and fly safe always.

Yes, but this list is a shame for DJI.
I'm mobile app program manager, and this is not acceptable.
Fixing this list is very easy.
also, my "workaround prove it".
it should work for many phone not in the list, with the correct rom,it's matter of specification.
2021-11-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

nimpo Posted at 11-2 23:52
Yes, but this list is a shame for DJI.
I'm mobile app program manager, and this is not acceptable.
Fixing this list is very easy.

I think phones only go on the list once its been tested by DJI as they have to prove warranty for that combination.   If you have an issue and need repair or replacement it might be denied if your not using approved and tested devices.
2021-11-3
Use props
nimpo
lvl.1

France

DAFlys Posted at 11-3 00:13
I think phones only go on the list once its been tested by DJI as they have to prove warranty for that combination.   If you have an issue and need repair or replacement it might be denied if your not using approved and tested devices.

There is no good reason for this.
Any good company use mass devices testing during  QA, by using dedicated external companies service.
It's a fact, i already did it.
They choose to ignore this step, it's a lag in QA steps and matter of money, there is no respect for customers here. When you buy a drone, it should not mean you have to buy a new phone from a very small list made without explanation and without good reason.
2021-11-3
Use props
nimpo
lvl.1

France

nimpo Posted at 11-3 00:25
Any good company use mass devices testing during  QA, by using dedicated external companies service.

What would you say if tomorrow you buy  a connected weighing machine, and after that you see that you need a phone from a very small list to get it works ... does it makes more sens, this is just not acceptable.
What will you do ? Buy a new phone more expensive than the weighing machine ?

+ the list of compatible device must be on the product box !
many peoples have issues with that fact.

2021-11-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

nimpo Posted at 11-3 00:25

Its a ploy to get you to buy an iPhone or the smart controller.
2021-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules