Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Video help
1114 2 2015-8-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
maclean156
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi all.

I have my video set to auto, when im facing away from the sun video is perfect but as I turn craft round to come back towards me the video darkens.....a lot. please help.
2015-8-1
Use props
daniel.frederik
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10656 ft
New Zealand

One thing you can do is 'spot meter'.  If part of your image is very dark you can tap on that area on your tablet screen and that will force the camera to expose for that area.  So chances are that area will appear brighter but the remainder of the image that wasn't dark may now appear far too bright.  You are discovering a weakness in digital cameras and the beauty of the human eye to be able to look at a world full of differing light levels and present them to our brains in a more uniform way.  Our eye responds to brightness with a logarithmic decay; your Inspire1 camera shows light intensity for what it is and it can't deal with big differences between light levels with a scene.  SOmetimes you have to expose for one or the other nut there a few simple things  you might try. So try and film with the light behind you or at least when it's well overhead, as in midday.  Also when your Inspire is up the air point the camera down and have less sky in the frame.  On overcast days take your ND filter off.  Btw I'm filming a nice house and property for a client at the mo' and they were hoping for bright and sunny days for this.  The weather has been far from sunny, it's been very cloudy every day.  But this isn't a problem, in fact the clouds are a great diffuser:   they equalize light levels and do away with high contrast images.  With a little warming in post production the aerial footage looks fantastic and my clients are both surprised at how lively images look and happy with the overall results.   
2015-8-2
Use props
maclean156
lvl.2

United Kingdom

thanks I will give your advice a try
2015-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules