USELESS and Unhelpful
710 1 2021-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ultracoolbru
New

Russia

I purchased an OSMO 5 on Sunday this week and immediately checked it on Monday when it arrived via courier.

Everything seemed perfect and then:

• The OSMO 5 is not able to connect to my iPhone 12 Pro Max properly. By this I mean, it connects but the Mimo app essentially does not function and specific controls like switching views or record on the OSMO 5 do not work.
  • I decided that perhaps it was because the battery was flat, so I charged it overnight and did the following:

- Uninstalled the app.
- Removed the bluetooth connection.
- Basically, a brand new setup.

After doing the above a number of times, I decided to test this on another device, so I installed the Mimo app on my Huawei Mate 20 Pro (downloaded from DJI website NOT Play Store) and the OSMO 5 simply did not connect to Mimo.

I went through a number of suggestions offered via the web, but nothing.

The people at DJI have simply left me stranded by forwarding me to their Russian counterparts who just told me to return the product to the seller. Unfortunately, the seller has said that due to COVID, there is nothing they can do. I would have paid for a courier to collect the unit and have a new one delivered.

I am left trying to get this stupid thing working, because clearly I am NOT going to have any of these people replace their rubbish.

I recorded this video where you will see a fully charged OSMO 5 is showing it is flat and stops the hardware from working. Unfortunately, there is no sound but in the video I kept going back to changing the settings to have the OSMO 5 do a SpinShot but it does not even keep its settings.

- OSMO battery indicator keeps showing it is flat, when the unit is fully charged. However, when the software shows that the battery is full (by pressing and holding the record button in), the unit suddenly seems to work.

- The hardware button to switch between camera and video does not work.

- The record button does not work.

- None of the logical functionality like SpinShot works and the software actually loses its settings.

- The zoom button does not work.

- The M button will work when placing the unit to sleep, but to wake the unit up, nothing seems to work except powering off and on.

https://youtu.be/Z0KZ0p8G3h8
Perhaps this will assist the developers to fix their crappy software and hardware.

2021-11-3
Use props
MiamiC70
lvl.3
United States

Why can’t you folks comprehend that the OM5 is a piece of Sh*t and you are better off with an OM4
2021-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules