12Next >
5404 41 2021-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I think this is worth a thread to itself - I've seen it reported here, and in YouTube videos, and I can see it is happening with my own Action 2.  Basically, if you charge the device more than a few hours before you want to use it, the battery will have drained significantly meanwhile.  As the battery capacity is relatively limited, it's essential that this does not happen.  I hope DJI are working on the problem.

A possible temporary workaround is to separate the screen from the camera after charging.  I will test that tonight to see whether it make a difference.  

I hope this does not become the new "overheating" obsessiion on YouTube...

2021-11-3
Use props
Gramps50
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57841 ft
United States

Do you have voice commands turned on? I found this drained the battery on my GoPro. That's odd behavior because the screen module is actually charging the camera. So you would think the screen would be charged  and the screen module would be run down.  Like everything now days the early adopters are actually beta testers who paid for the privilege.
2021-11-3
Use props
edwardquan
lvl.4
United Kingdom

For me, I have the screen module attached, and voice commands off and do suffer some battery drain, but not a huge amount.  It'll likely get fixed in the next firmware release, but if there are certain steps you take which mean you can recreate this every time then please post them on here so it'll help the DJI engineers to recreate this.
2021-11-3
Use props
fansaa605903
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7500 ft
Poland

Good idea to make it a separate thread. Thanks.

My observation so far is that it drains about 30% every 24 hours. Main module only and voice commands disabled.

Now I'm trying out a hint I found somewhere on youTube to keep  the button pressed for 8 seconds in order to turn off the device. I charged the camera to 100% and will check tomorrow if it drained.

2021-11-3
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've noticed similar. Mine is a front touch screen module kit, but I'm sure it's the same with the power module kit. The bottom module is always trying to charge the camera module when it calls for it. Maybe the camera charging profile should be changed to where the camera module doesn't call for charging until it reaches X% or something. Seems like the bottom module would be working itself to death trying to keep the camera charged to 100%. not sure if that's how it works, but it seems that way.
2021-11-3
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I kept the modules separate overnight and both are at 100% this morning.  Bottom line is that the user must manage the batteries themselves at the moment.  So....

- connect both modules and charge.
- when taken off charge, separate modules
- if you use the camera and connect both modules, you should separate them after use unless...
- if you use the camera module on its own, reconnect the modules so that the camera gets recharged, and when it shows full, separate the modules.

This is, of course, close to ridiculous.  How this escaped the notice of the DJI engineers I can't imagine.  So I can only conclude they know about the problem and can't fix it, which is a serious issue.
2021-11-3
Use props
edwardquan
lvl.4
United Kingdom

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-3 13:56
I kept the modules separate overnight and both are at 100% this morning.  Bottom line is that the user must manage the batteries themselves at the moment.  So....

- connect both modules and charge.

I am nearly 100% sure this is a firmware related issue and will be fixed in a future release.
2021-11-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information about the DJI Action 2. I will  I will cascade this issue to the designated DJI department for further attention and evaluation. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.
2021-11-3
Use props
fans54016cc6
lvl.3
Japan

Mine has same problem. I am very disappointed.
2021-11-4
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

yes, we are working on this problem. it is software issue, we are fixing it
2021-11-4
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI-ytao Posted at 11-4 03:07
yes, we are working on this problem. it is software issue, we are fixing it

Great, thanks for letting us know.  (Perhaps some of my comments above were a bit unkind, sorry...)
2021-11-4
Use props
DEECEE92
New

Canada

Having the same issue as well! I had charged the camera and module together to 100%, unplugged this. Within 24 hours the following day, the Action 2 was out of batteries.
2021-11-6
Use props
fansaa605903
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7500 ft
Poland

As a followup to my post. Indeed pressing the power button for about 8-10 seconds helps.
I don't know if it fully shuts down the camera but as a temporary solution it works good.
2021-11-7
Use props
OleBrown55
lvl.2
Flight distance : 340397 ft
  • >>>
United States

My experience is that having the Camera Module and the Front Screen module connected, and left connected, after a full charge, the two remain full; its been days remaining at the same capacity.  Another issue, however is that once the Front Screen Module discharges completely (with use and recharging the Camera Module) the entire unit stops, even when the Camera Module is at 100%.  Still looking into that.
After further review, everything associated with batteries seems to be performing as expected.
2021-12-7
Use props
Dronemodelismo
lvl.1
  • >>>
Brazil

Any updates about this problem?
2022-2-13
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Dronemodelismo Posted at 2-13 14:51
Any updates about this problem?

It was supposed to have been fixed in the latest firmware - there's a thread about that here.  Here the fix seems to work fine.
2022-2-13
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The last firmware update was supposed to fix this issue, and it did somewhat, but not completely. I'm completely up to date with my camera and I still notice the issue - not as severe - but certainly still there.
I store them separated unless in use.
2022-2-14
Use props
Dronemodelismo
lvl.1
  • >>>
Brazil

IftiBashir Posted at 2-14 00:36
The last firmware update was supposed to fix this issue, and it did somewhat, but not completely. I'm completely up to date with my camera and I still notice the issue - not as severe - but certainly still there.
I store them separated unless in use.

So I understand that the issue is still not solved and we should continue to wait for a definitive solution. Thanks
2022-2-14
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dronemodelismo Posted at 2-14 07:36
So I understand that the issue is still not solved and we should continue to wait for a definitive solution. Thanks

yes.
Previously the LED charging light on the back of the display mod would continue to blink to indicate charging, even when the camera module battery was at 100%.
With the new firmware update, the LED does not continue to blink should the camera module not need charging - however even though for me the battery drain is much less then it was before the update, I still find I am experiencing some battery drain even when there is no reason behind it, causing me to store the modules detached when not needed.
2022-2-14
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So by storing them separated Ive noticed the camera battery does decline even when not in use. Not by much - maybe 1-2% a day, which my GoPro also does, so seems like normal behaviour. The issue isn't the display module thats always trying to charge the camera module and hence battery drops, it's because the camera module seems to continue sucking power from the display/power module to keep itself topped up to 100%....
2022-2-19
Use props
djiuser_4tXSEYqhNAta
New

United States

Just purchased the action cam/battery module combo. Updated to the latest firmware.

Charged and used once topped up (same day). Charged again - yesterday - and unplugged before going to bed. Turned on this morning and instead of 95 - 100%, the darn thing only had 51% battery remaining. Guess the camera module is sucking down battery overnight, even when "off" and unused?
2022-7-18
Use props
djiuser_n1rjFtk2klhU
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46 ft
United Kingdom

as of Mar 23 this is still an issue.
I have two Actions 2's and have noticed that whislt connected over night the battery on the charge or screen mod drains significantly, down to 50%
Yesterday I charged the battery mods seperately unattatched, both cameras had about 95% charge. I then connected both however I miss aligned one camera so it was not attached and left them over night.
This morning the attached camera was at 100% but the battery mod was at 53% (having charged the camera about 5%) but the unattached battery mod was still at 100% and the camera at 95%.

So until this drain is fixed , just don't leave them connected in storage. I would hate to not use them for a month or so and it tottal ruin the battery mod.
2023-3-2
Use props
10-Bit
lvl.4
United States

Hmm?  We have not experienced a low battery problem at all.  Stays nearly fully charged for days and very slowly discharges after weeks.  Still has ok charge even after months of no use.  So from the opposite perspective completely satisfied and happy with the battery.  Same before and after the latest gyro FW update.  Could be a batch issue if not 100% widespread and affecting all devices.

FV 01.04.05.10
CFV 10.00.36.18
FTFV 01.00.01.56
2023-3-2
Use props
djiuser_mPgfYazlnjrh
New

India

Its seriously not even worth for 16k i bought it yesterday thought it was budget friendly good action camera but after seeing its battery draining like damaged battery im totally disappointed with camera its definitely a waste of money i feel regret for my decision now ,its better to go for action 3 its quite better , please dji solve this problem or just discontinue this product
2-26 21:17
Use props
chr15
lvl.1
Canada

Still experiencing this problem in 2024, with the new 128GB model
3-21 06:11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

chr15 Posted at 3-21 06:11
Still experiencing this problem in 2024, with the new 128GB model

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize if you are having issues with your unit. Can you confirm what specific DJI product are you using? Also, please tell us more details about the issue that you are experiencing. You can upload a short video showing the issue via Google Drive or YouTube then send the link here for further assistance. Please keep us posted.
3-21 22:39
Use props
chr15
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-21 22:39
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize if you are having issues with your unit. Can you confirm what specific DJI product are you using? Also, please tell us more details about the issue that you are experiencing. You can upload a short video showing the issue via Google Drive or YouTube then send the link here for further assistance. Please keep us posted.

Yes for sure, it's the new Action 2 that was recently released. The Action 2 Power Combo (128gb)

I'm not sure if it's a defective camera unit or battery unit or if it's just a software issue.

This is the current firmware I have.
FW: 01.05.05.10
Camera FW: 10.00.36.35
Battery Module FW: 01.00.01.55

It's not letting me add a video, but I will message you the link. But as you will see in the video, they're both fully charged at 100%. After only 2 minutes as shown in the live timer, the power module already depleted to 98% with no use at all. This battery drain continues when both units are off and not in use and connected to each other. Once separated, the battery drain doesn't happen as mentioned in the previous posts in this thread.
Edit: I was able to pick up an additional power module to test if the issue still occurs with a different one and it does not, I'm thinking there might be something wrong with the original power module.
3-22 09:05
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

chr15 Posted at 3-22 09:05
Yes for sure, it's the new Action 2 that was recently released. The Action 2 Power Combo (128gb)

I'm not sure if it's a defective camera unit or battery unit or if it's just a software issue.

Thank you for the information provided, chr15. Please upload the video via Google Drive or YouTube and send the link here so we can check it further. We appreciate your cooperation.
3-22 20:19
Use props
djiuser_P9tVFA35COcR
lvl.1
Italy

chr15 Posted at 3-22 09:05

I have same model and same firmware version. Same issue.
please fix it!
3-23 00:02
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_P9tVFA35COcR Posted at 3-23 00:02
I have same model and same firmware version. Same issue.
please fix it!

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out. Will it be fine if you also show us a video as requested by DJI Paladin above? Thank you very much.
3-23 00:29
Use props
chr15
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-22 20:19
Thank you for the information provided, chr15. Please upload the video via Google Drive or YouTube and send the link here so we can check it further. We appreciate your cooperation.
Hi, as I mentioned above it does not let me attach a YouTube or Drive link. I have sent you the link in personal message.

If there’s an email you’d like me to send it to, let me know.
3-23 06:03
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

chr15 Posted at 3-23 06:03
Hi, as I mentioned above it does not let me attach a YouTube or Drive link. I have sent you the link in personal message.

If there’s an email you’d like me to send it to, let me know.

Hello, chr15. Kindly please check your inbox as I sent you a message related to this issue. Thank you.
3-23 22:08
Use props
chr15
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-23 22:08
Hello, chr15. Kindly please check your inbox as I sent you a message related to this issue. Thank you.
Hi Paladin, since I replied I now have access to post a URL.
The drive link with the issue is below
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yAIb7aK4q9kLZRJYougDSAsl64tkS4gu/view?usp=drive_link
3-24 18:04
Use props
chr15
lvl.1
Canada

No updates?
3-27 06:27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

chr15 Posted at 3-24 18:04
Hi Paladin, since I replied I now have access to post a URL.
The drive link with the issue is below
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yAIb7aK4q9kLZRJYougDSAsl64tkS4gu/view?usp=drive_link

Hello, chr15. Thank you for the information provided. We will now coordinate this with our relevant team for further clarification. We will keep you posted. Thank you for your understanding.
3-27 21:06
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Thank you for patiently waiting. Kindly try to test from 100% battery down to 0% so we can further isolate the issue. Please keep us posted. We appreciate your cooperation.
3-30 03:40
Use props
bobuzi
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Tony Posted at 3-23 00:29
Hello there. Thank you for reaching out. Will it be fine if you also show us a video as requested by DJI Paladin above? Thank you very much.

after hard reset no more issue, thanks
4-1 06:43
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

bobuzi Posted at 4-1 06:43
after hard reset no more issue, thanks

Awesome. I'm glad it's already working. In case you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach us. Have a nice day.
4-2 02:56
Use props
kaushik284
New

India

I just received mine today. Bought from amazon IN. The camera module battery drains 1% every minute even without recording and screen brightness set to 40%, does the screen take up that much of battery power? Will the firmware update fix this issue?
I have a Firefly 6s, which I bought in 2016 December. That action camera still has the original battery and doesn't drain like this on standby. I don't know whether I made a mistake by purchasing action 2
4-8 22:44
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

kaushik284 Posted at 4-8 22:44
I just received mine today. Bought from amazon IN. The camera module battery drains 1% every minute even without recording and screen brightness set to 40%, does the screen take up that much of battery power? Will the firmware update fix this issue?
I have a Firefly 6s, which I bought in 2016 December. That action camera still has the original battery and doesn't drain like this on standby. I don't know whether I made a mistake by purchasing action 2

The Osmo Action 2's max operating time is 70 minutes. Tested in a laboratory environment while recording 1080p/30fps (Power Reserve) video with electronic image stabilization disabled. If your concern does not apply, please feel free to let us know Have a nice day.
4-9 02:01
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules