https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &extra=page%3D1

'
  • Added Loop Recording.
'
2021-11-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there snorkel. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. As posted above by edwardquan, Loop Recording is added on the New DJI Action 2 Firmware Released last 10/27/2021. Thank you.
2021-11-3
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

it has, plz update to 01.01.05.10
video mode, swipe up.
it is at the left top  of resolution/fps setting
2021-11-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

One of the forum members has been testing it and so far it’s working well.  At least at 41f
2021-11-4
Use props
snorkel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 452592 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-4 11:28
One of the forum members has been testing it and so far it’s working well.  At least at 41f

it worked until both internal and battery mod were drained, I did have it connected to a USB batter bank but it was unable to keep the A2 charged for some reason.
2021-11-4
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

snorkel Posted at 11-4 13:44
it worked until both internal and battery mod were drained, I did have it connected to a USB batter bank but it was unable to keep the A2 charged for some reason.

Probably the Action 2 battery depletes faster than a battery bank can charge. This will prove interesting for sure!!
2021-11-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

snorkel Posted at 11-4 13:44

Did you get near the advertised times for the camera plus module.
2021-11-4
Use props
snorkel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-4 13:52
Did you get near the advertised times for the camera plus module.

Not sure how much the Anker USB power bank helped it (or not) have to play around with it some more.
The power bank may  have been low not sure.  I will have to charge everything back up and try again.
2021-11-4
Use props
edwardquan
lvl.4
United Kingdom

It's worth bearing in mind a couple of points - the Action 2 doesn't have FastCharge functionality, and the power utilisation will no doubt become more effective/efficient as the firmware gets updated
2021-11-4
Use props
snorkel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

edwardquan Posted at 11-4 15:28
It's worth bearing in mind a couple of points - the Action 2 doesn't have FastCharge functionality, and the power utilisation will no doubt become more effective/efficient as the firmware gets updated

Could be, I never saw it mentioned anywhere one way or the other.   I can try the adapter on a older motorola phone I have that does not have fast charge.

Maybe we can find an adapter that just passes thru power on the + and - pins directly instead of using a charge chip.
Does not work on my 2020 Motorola Power either, same behavior as the camera :-(

2021-11-4
Use props
bbalzer
lvl.4
United States

What are the modes in the Loop Recording?  Is it limited to 4k 30fps like the Osmo Action 1?  

Also can you adjust the color, bitrate or other options?  I know the GoPro Hero 10 has 4k 30fps but you can't adjust anything beyond that.  I'm hoping that at least the DJI Action 2 will allow you to adjust the video options in Looping.

Concerning to hear a power bank can't keep it going when plugged in though too...
2022-1-7
Use props
djiuser_weknDNhHR0LI
New

Finland

Hi.can I make a question about the loop recording. I don't have sd card only use the internal space.and I put the loop duration to 5 minutes. for some reason it doesn't over write on the old videos as my cheep car camera do.but the dji it continues record small videos between 5-6 minutes. and then says the m3mory full.and don't record until I delete old videos manually. is that right? do I do something wrong? can I fix it in the settings or do I have to put sd card to solve that problem.i just need to over write on old videos not to do it manually. and thank you alot.
2022-7-23
Use props
djiuser_weknDNhHR0LI
New

Finland

Hello again.what SD card you suggest for my action 2 camera.i will attach both cards and I will wait your answers guys. thank you in advance.
2022-7-23
Use props
djiuser_weknDNhHR0LI
New

Finland

for some reason dosnt shows the pictures.
the first one Samsung Evo plus 128 gb the orange one and the second is samsung evo plus 256 gb the white one.thank you.
2022-7-23
Use props
Bird JER
lvl.1
Flight distance : 55075 ft
United States

The FAQ on the Action2 product page has a list of SD cards
2022-7-31
Use props
djiuser_cOnv5k70E2Oq
New

Singapore

How do we switch off loop recording? I don't want it to be recorded for 5.30 minutes all the time. I switched it off and tried max, it just doesn't work.
2022-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules