DJI Fly App Not Opening After Update to Android 12
123Next >
63562 84 2021-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rebeccatmorris
lvl.1
United States

Just two days ago my DJI Fly App was working fine. After updating the firmware for my Mavic Air 2, I installed the Android 12 update to my Google Pixel 3 and now the DJI Fly App won't open.  I can't find it in the Google Play Store either. I've restarted my phone multiple times with no results.  I am hesitant to uninstall and reinstall the app since I'm not seeing it in the Google Play store.  This seems to be an issue for alot of people.

Any advice? Is there a fix coming soon? I need to get this addressed since I don't have other options (another phone, tablet, etc) that I can run the app on.

Help!
2021-11-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there rebeccatmorris. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will persists? Upon checking the said mobile device ( Google Pixel 3 ) that your are using on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said DJI application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Google Pixel 3 will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). Thank you.
2021-11-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

One option is to uninstall Android 12.
2021-11-4
Use props
mailandrew
New

United States

So are we being told that the DJI Fly app is not available on Android 12?

I have "Allow unknown sources" enabled for the Chrome browser and downloaded the app, but it won't install.  

Unfortunately, I already deleted the old app

EDIT: I installed Firefox browser and navigated to the download page and downloaded the APK.  Firefox attempted to install, but I got a parsing error

Continued Edit: I deleted the downloaded APK, then downloaded it again. Firefox installed it. I'm going through install procedures now (allowing permissions and such) it has Android 12 specific file-save instructions, so apparently it is made for Android 12.

Key items:
1) go into settings. Use the search bar for "unknown sources" and enable for your browser
2) navigate to the DJI download page
3) after downloading from DJI, click the file and it will install

Notes: Firefox browser worked for me, Chrome did not
First download did not work, had to delete and re-download, then it worked

I'm on a Pixel 4a 5g
App info shows version 1.5.0

2021-11-5
Use props
rebeccatmorris
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-3 19:12
Hello there rebeccatmorris. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will persists? Upon checking the said mobile device ( Google Pixel 3 ) that your are using on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said DJI application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Google Pixel 3 will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). Thank you.

Thanks for responding. Using DJI Fly on my Pixel 3 was never an issue until I upgraded to Android 12. I've installed the DJI App from the DJI website and it at least opens. I'll have to test it with the drone to ensure it can fly safely.
2021-11-8
Use props
rebeccatmorris
lvl.1
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-4 00:58
One option is to uninstall Android 12.

Thanks! I looked at that option and it seemed like it was more complicated then just clicking on uninstall.
2021-11-8
Use props
rebeccatmorris
lvl.1
United States

mailandrew Posted at 11-5 07:08
So are we being told that the DJI Fly app is not available on Android 12?

I have "Allow unknown sources" enabled for the Chrome browser and downloaded the app, but it won't install.  

Thanks so much for your help on this! I actually allowed for downloads from an unknown source prior to deleting my original app. It seems like I was able to download the upgrade instead of having to uninstall the old app and install the new app.

It's installed and the app opens. I'll have to test it with the drone when I get home.  

Have you flown your drone since you downloaded the new app? Have you noticed any issues with it during flight?
2021-11-8
Use props
Popeye1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 511722 ft

United Kingdom

rebeccatmorris Posted at 11-8 06:39
Thanks so much for your help on this! I actually allowed for downloads from an unknown source prior to deleting my original app. It seems like I was able to download the upgrade instead of having to uninstall the old app and install the new app.

It's installed and the app opens. I'll have to test it with the drone when I get home.  

Same issue with Android 12 on Samsung S21  this my results!! You may get different results, think it depends on each build from each phone manufacturer
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D565%26typeid%3D565
2021-11-8
Use props
rebeccatmorris
lvl.1
United States

Popeye1 Posted at 11-8 06:48
Same issue with Android 12 on Samsung S21  this my results!! You may get different results, think it depends on each build from each phone manufacturer
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D565%26typeid%3D565

I guess Google Pixel is not a recommended device to use with the DJI Fly app, but I've been using it since I got my drone and had no issues until I upgraded to Android 12. Now, the app no longer shows up in Google Play and I'm hearing they are not officially compatible.  I'm going to test fly the drone now that I've uploaded the app from the DJI website - hopefully I won't have any major issues.  I agree with folks in your initial thread that very few drone flyers are going to by a specific phone because it's optimized for use with a drone app.
2021-11-8
Use props
Popeye1
lvl.3

United Kingdom

rebeccatmorris Posted at 11-8 07:13
I guess Google Pixel is not a recommended device to use with the DJI Fly app, but I've been using it since I got my drone and had no issues until I upgraded to Android 12. Now, the app no longer shows up in Google Play and I'm hearing they are not officially compatible.  I'm going to test fly the drone now that I've uploaded the app from the DJI website - hopefully I won't have any major issues.  I agree with folks in your initial thread that very few drone flyers are going to by a specific phone because it's optimized for use with a drone app.

Let us know how you get on
2021-11-8
Use props
rebeccatmorris
lvl.1
United States

Popeye1 Posted at 11-8 09:23
Let us know how you get on

Will do! Thanks!
2021-11-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

rebeccatmorris Posted at 11-8 06:35
Thanks for responding. Using DJI Fly on my Pixel 3 was never an issue until I upgraded to Android 12. I've installed the DJI App from the DJI website and it at least opens. I'll have to test it with the drone to ensure it can fly safely.

Hi there rebeccatmorris. Thank you for the reply and for these given information. Kindly please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you and fly safe always.
2021-11-9
Use props
rebeccatmorris
lvl.1
United States

I did a test flight yesterday and everything with the app seems to be working just fine! I'm taking it into the field on Friday, so, fingers crossed, everything continues to work well.
2021-11-10
Use props
Popeye1
lvl.3

United Kingdom

rebeccatmorris Posted at 11-10 06:10
I did a test flight yesterday and everything with the app seems to be working just fine! I'm taking it into the field on Friday, so, fingers crossed, everything continues to work well.

That’s good to hear. Hopefully all goes well m
2021-11-10
Use props
danielson2047
lvl.2
Flight distance : 317904 ft
United States

rebeccatmorris Posted at 11-10 06:10
I did a test flight yesterday and everything with the app seems to be working just fine! I'm taking it into the field on Friday, so, fingers crossed, everything continues to work well.

Which application version are you on?
2021-11-11
Use props
rebeccatmorris
lvl.1
United States

danielson2047 Posted at 11-11 08:46
Which application version are you on?

Looks like 1.5
2021-11-12
Use props
danielson2047
lvl.2
Flight distance : 317904 ft
United States

And its working fine?
2021-11-12
Use props
rebeccatmorris
lvl.1
United States

so far so good.  I had two flights last Friday with no issues. Taking it out again this week, so, fingers crossed, the app and the drone continue to communicate well.
2021-11-15
Use props
djiuser_NrCbBgXmnXiI
New

United States

DJI Go 4 app was working perfectly for the last month on my new Pixel 5a until I installed Android 12. Now it stops instantly as soon as it starts. I'm completely grounded. It just displays an error that the DJI GO 4 app keeps stopping. Please help!
2021-11-15
Use props
rebeccatmorris
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_NrCbBgXmnXiI Posted at 11-15 12:30
DJI Go 4 app was working perfectly for the last month on my new Pixel 5a until I installed Android 12. Now it stops instantly as soon as it starts. I'm completely grounded. It just displays an error that the DJI GO 4 app keeps stopping. Please help!

I have a Pixel 3, so I don't know if this will work for you. My DJI Fly App stopped functioning after I upgraded to Android 12.  I downloaded the app directly from DJI without removing the DJI App  I already had installed.  It appears to have upgraded the original app and has been working for me.  
2021-11-15
Use props
djiuser_Bx3976MVg5xk
lvl.1

Romania

A very weak application, Samsung S21 with android 12 gives black screen video in dji go fly.
Although I was a Dji fan, I will switch to Autel. Honestly on SamsungS21, can this application cause problems ...? Unacceptable.
2021-11-26
Use props
djiuser_d82faVrIpBsC
New

South Africa

djiuser_Bx3976MVg5xk Posted at 11-26 03:54
A very weak application, Samsung S21 with android 12 gives black screen video in dji go fly.
Although I was a Dji fan, I will switch to Autel. Honestly on SamsungS21, can this application cause problems ...? Unacceptable.

I also updated my S21 Ultra to Android 12 and have the exact same issue, everything works, not my camera view/ preview on the app.

If i take a video or picture it works.

Please advise as i now cannot really fly my drone.
2021-11-26
Use props
Popeye1
lvl.3

United Kingdom

djiuser_d82faVrIpBsC Posted at 11-26 04:42
I also updated my S21 Ultra to Android 12 and have the exact same issue, everything works, not my camera view/ preview on the app.

If i take a video or picture it works.

New version of the app out. I’m downloading it at the moment, will install and see if it works with Android 12. Give feedback
2021-11-26
Use props
jookieapc
lvl.1

Australia

Popeye1 Posted at 11-26 09:02
New version of the app out. I’m downloading it at the moment, will install and see if it works with Android 12. Give feedback

I've got a Pixel 6 which comes with Android 12. The app would not open. I removed and downloaded the latest from the store and still it won't open.
2021-11-28
Use props
jookieapc
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-3 19:12
Hello there rebeccatmorris. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will persists? Upon checking the said mobile device ( Google Pixel 3 ) that your are using on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said DJI application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Google Pixel 3 will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). Thank you.

This option allowed me to get a version of DJI Go 4 that opens on my Pixel 6. Thank you!
2021-11-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

jookieapc Posted at 11-28 15:53
This option allowed me to get a version of DJI Go 4 that opens on my Pixel 6. Thank you!

Hi there jookieapc. Thank you for the reply and for these information that you have given. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2021-11-29
Use props
UistFly
New

United Kingdom

Thanks to mailandrew for this post.  I had the same problem as rebeccatmorris after recent Android update with my Pixel 4a which I purchased 18 months ago to use my Mavic 2!!  I see now that Pixel 4a has been removed from the recommended Android devices list.  Tried DJI support a couple of weeks ago but after requesting I send my drone back for 'repair' they eventually admitted there was a software problem they were trying to resolve.

However the fix recommended by mailandrew using the three steps he lists just worked for me too so thanks very much.
2021-12-13
Use props
UistFly
New

United Kingdom

mailandrew's fix worked for my Pixel 4a too so worth using even though DJI have now removed all Pixel phones from their 'approved' Android list apart from the 4.  Thanks.
2021-12-14
Use props
djiuser_XsnCRXMqNOXV
New

United Kingdom

"Please use a different mobile device"!  Or maybe just buy a different brand of drone!
2021-12-21
Use props
djiuser_3GxbQDJ6sESh
New
United Kingdom

I can't get this off my screen on the dji fly app on android, something seems to be very wrong with this app on android as I've uninstalled and reinstalled this app a handful of times to see if anything has changed but I still can't get rid of this prompt. the prompt being on the screen stops me from using the app entirely
2021-12-25
Use props
djiuser_tpRQQk5DBndU
New
Flight distance : 8307 ft
United Kingdom

What are the recommended mobile devices to use with the DJI Fly app.
2022-1-3
Use props
djiuser_DbWNYbms9eH7
New

United States

Thank you to mailandrew!  That response solved my frustrating effort to install DJI Fly on my Pixel 4a 5g.  Who knew that we would be forced through those hoops??
2022-1-5
Use props
djiuser_cGyhZPI58f13
New

United States

it's not just the Google pixel. I have the same problem with my Galaxy note 20 AND Galaxy s21 ultra. I used both with my Mavic mini 2 and since the update it wouldn't open on my note 20. I uninstalled the app and could not find it on the Google Play store. When I went to the website and downloaded the app it worked but when I got home and started trying to get to look at the photos my gallery kept automatically closing. Never has done that before. When I deleted all the DJI photos that I took it stopped doing it. My Galaxy s21 ultra still has the DJI fly app but it won't let me open it. I use this for my business and really need to try to get it fix as soon as possible. Morgan0353
2022-1-9
Use props
dsa157
lvl.1

Thailand

I can install DJI Fly on my Pixel 3 and run it, but it doesn't support the original Mavic Air.

You have turned my drone into a brick because you now claim that you don't support Pixel phones and you don't support Android 12? Rolling back my operating system is not an option.

Is there going to be a patch for the software crash for DJI GO 4 or not?
This is unacceptable that MONTHS after an operating system upgrade DJI doesn't test and support it!
2022-1-14
Use props
djiuser_ikf5ki3YDSkm
New

United States

DJI doesnt seem to have a fix for an obvious software issue of incompatibility with Android 12. It is not seemingly just an issue with Pixel phones.
Now we all sit here with unusable Mavic Minis yet no transparency over what the problem is. I and many others have reinstalled, etc to no effrct.
Could DJI please explain the problem? Are our drones now forever useless paperweights?
2022-1-15
Use props
Portmann
lvl.1

United States

Hey folks. I got my new Samsung S21 Ultra running Android 12 to run the DJI Fly App. When I first tried the Fly app it immediately closed. Now it seems stable and controlled my Mavic Mini like I'm used to it working on my older S10 phone. Here's what I did.  I uninstalled the version of DJI Fly on my phone that kept crashing. Then I found an APK of DJI Fly version 1.5.4. Note - the DJI site said this was the latest version as I write this, but the link on the DJI site was broken. Instead, I found it on apkmirror.com.  I downloaded that to my phone. (The site can display a QR code on a computer screen that you can use with your phone.) You may need to give your phone permission to download and install apps from this source. I installed the app using the downloaded APK file, put in my credentials, and it worked.  It had been a while, so I had to update firmware in the drone too but that worked normally too.  Good luck.
2022-1-15
Use props
LSD4
New

United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 2021-11-3 19:12
Hello there rebeccatmorris. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will persists? Upon checking the said mobile device ( Google Pixel 3 ) that your are using on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said DJI application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Google Pixel 3 will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). Thank you.

That is no help what so ever. The app use to work for my phone now it wont open. Im not buying a new phone for it. I will just get rid of it. Use to keep disconnecting in flight now app issues dji mini dont even have night vision. Not recommending anyone as there cheaper and just as good drones out there with more features. Needs an app update asap before more users stop buying these drones.   Cant  fly mine today now
2022-1-16
Use props
djiuser_iSz3mmJrS30v
New
United States

This is a major bummer...
So my mavic pro is worthless now with my Samsung s20?
App fails to start....
No fix?!!
2022-1-17
Use props
djiuser_iSz3mmJrS30v
New
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2021-11-3 19:12

DJISTEPHEN,
This seems to affect android 12 in general.
I see the same issue with a galaxy s20 phone.
Arethe developers aware of this serious issue?
2022-1-17
Use props
djiuser_pyNSdeOaicPk
New

United States

I just got my drone back and I have a Samsung a32 5g is that compable with app? Why are so many new phones not able to run this ...ty app?
2022-1-17
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules