2520 13 2021-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
airduce
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10125 ft
  • >>>
United States

All of the settings and normal screen info is displayed but the background is black.  I flew up and took some photos that did end up being on the SD card so I know the camera is working...  it is just not showing the live view in the DJI Fly app.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, still nothing.
2021-11-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't think that the Fly App has been updated yet to be compatible with the Pixel 6.  You can check the list of compatible mobile devices here.
2021-11-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there airduce. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will persists? Upon checking the said mobile device ( Google Pixel 6 ) that your are using on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said DJI application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Google Pixel 6 will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). Thank you.
2021-11-3
Use props
fans769cf084
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-3 19:16
Hello there airduce. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will persists? Upon checking the said mobile device ( Google Pixel 6 ) that your are using on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said DJI application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Google Pixel 6 will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). Thank you.

Unfortunately I only have one phone, like most people. Hopefully DJI will update what is necessary for us to keep flying and being an advocate for DJI.
2021-11-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fly app is not compatible with the Pixel 6,  you can check the devices that are on the download page.
2021-11-4
Use props
steven516
lvl.1
Flight distance : 137405 ft
United States

My phone Updated to Andriod 12 yesterday,, Went to fly for a job and now the Fly app will not load.. Lost money and looked really bad to my customer.. I've had it with DJI.. Was going to buy the Mavic 3 , but not now,, I'll be looking at getting one of the Autel units..
2021-11-4
Use props
djiuser_tF0qOExPhliS
New

United States

Do you have an ETA for when the app will be compatible with the pixel 6 or pixel 6 pro?
2021-11-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

fans769cf084 Posted at 11-3 19:31
Unfortunately I only have one phone, like most people. Hopefully DJI will update what is necessary for us to keep flying and being an advocate for DJI.

Hi there airduce. Thank you for the reply and for these information that you have given. Rest assured that our DJI R&D Team are continuously testing multiple devices to be added on the DJI Fly application recommended mobile device list in the future. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.
2021-11-4
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

Hello there airduce. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will persists? Upon checking the said mobile device ( Google Pixel 6 ) that your are using on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said DJI application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Google Pixel 6 will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). Thank you.

Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will persists?

Sure we all have numerous devices laying around at our disposal to try.  Makes complete sense!  /S
2021-11-5
Use props
djiuser_AeAsOoTQTodJ
lvl.1

United States

Unbelievable that it does not work with the Pixel 6!!!  Not as if developer's kits have been unavailable.  Very strange.  And I note that the Pixel 5 is not even listed...
2021-11-5
Use props
fans769cf084
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

And I just tried my Mavic 2 Pro with my Pixel 6 and that doesn't work either... Please update the apps asap. The Pixel 6 is my only device. The autumn colors are going fast and we are missing prime aerial time.
2021-11-5
Use props
djiuser_SuSLEmTIHdEC
New
Flight distance : 89675 ft
Canada

Same issue here on my pixel 6... Caméra don't show un the app... I try two different drone ans same issue... But still Working with my old cell phone
2021-11-8
Use props
djiuser_ymdEZP3X21pz
New
United States

That's just terrible. I bought the new pixel and still have to use my four year old pixel to fly my drone. So every time I fly I have to switch sim cards.
I hope this will be corrected soon.
2021-11-9
Use props
djiuser_74HQEQ8GxKiw
New

United States

I just bought the DJI MIni 2 yesterday and found out what you did that the camera doesn't display on the phone. But I just dusted off an ancient Samsung 6 I had laying around, charged it and downloaded the app via Wifi. It no longer has a SIM card but it doesn't need one. It doesn't even need a Wifi connection. I confirmed this by turning off Wifi. The upside is that I can use my Pixel 6 for something else when flying my drone. Since it doesn't need a SIM card to operate there's no need to swap them.
2021-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules