1341 9 2021-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
utkin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237733 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Just realized I can export logs from my Action 2 to internal storage but the files seem to be encoded. I tried to decode using openssl but it asks for a password and 'dji' does not work
Does anybody know how we can decode these files?
2021-11-3
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

You should try asking this on Reddit, a lot of smart people there
2021-11-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, just to verify, does there any issue with your DJI Action2? The logs that you mentioned are unable to be decoded. If there is an issue with your product, please let us know the details, we're here to help. Thanks.
2021-11-4
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

The log is for R&D engineer to locate bug. since it is too large, so we compress it.
2021-11-4
Use props
utkin
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

Yes there are few issues so i was curious to see what is in logs. Compression is not a problem but they are also encoded that's why I asked the question.

one of the issues I already posted to the forum earlier is that when shooting video with auto-exposure mode the device selects higher ISO than necessary for certain lighting conditions. Another is that I see junk files that are quite large in size - 30% of video files. Given limited storage and bandwidth this looks like a serious problem.
Yet another issue - when i select auto-WB it displays certain color temperature which is quite convenient but then if I switch to manual WB and select precisely the same temperature then the image tint changes.
2021-11-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you find the password please share your results.
2021-11-4
Use props
bsmorgan
lvl.2
United States

I would like to capture things like the model number(s), serial number(s), firmware version(s), etc. I can see these values in Device Info and I was hoping Export Log would give me a text file containing this information. I'll bet its there but I can't tell because it is encrypted. Please consider not encrypting (or add an unencrypted version) of this information.
2021-11-4
Use props
utkin
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

Yes I do not see a reason why the files are encrypted or why I cannot know the password. After all I bought this gadget (and it is not cheap btw) and I want to be able to access anything that it produces. I think this is fair point. Or JDI has something to hide from their customers?
2021-11-5
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

utkin Posted at 11-5 17:29
Yes I do not see a reason why the files are encrypted or why I cannot know the password. After all I bought this gadget (and it is not cheap btw) and I want to be able to access anything that it produces. I think this is fair point. Or JDI has something to hide from their customers?

Or just hide for competitors
2021-11-5
Use props
utkin
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

johansenfoto Posted at 11-5 23:42
Or just hide for competitors

If this is just a plain password encryption then it is rather a problem for consumers than for competitors
2021-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules