Can't take off - motor error
5981 38 2021-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_mRziYpfX4Tqu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 404587 ft
United States

I flew my drone for a little while and then changed the battery and packed the drone away
A short while later, I got the drone out again, I attempted to take off, the 4 motors tried to rotate but one of them didn't spin, the rest immediately stopped (less than a second) and my phone read cannot take off, motor error
It looked like the two propellers on that motor had overlapped one another but I'm not entirely sure since when it spins, the propellers should free themselves
The drone is basically new with very little flying time, I checked to make sure there was no debris/dirt etc. it's never touched the ground, always from hand take off and landing so there's no damage at all
The drone flew fine after that, but do I need to be worried? I cannot find any way to access the flight records off of my phone though and I can't find any history log of the error messages...
2021-11-4
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

Check closely on the motor that didn't spin properly. Is there any dirt inside? You might use a can with compressed air to blow off any dirt that is not directly visible. If you do, do it with all four motors and let them dry (in case there was evaporating liquid in the compressed air).
Maybe your last flight before this happened occured in an environment where the propellers blew around some dust?
2021-11-4
Use props
djiuser_mRziYpfX4Tqu
lvl.2
United States

Thanks for your response, I can try this with some compressed air.

I went into the flight data center to view the attempted take off, it recognized the attempted flight but the error message doesn't show up, is there anyway I can manually lift the flight record off my phone?

Also, the drone flew fine immediately after, do I need to worry about this one off error message or should I log it with DJI support?
2021-11-4
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

djiuser_mRziYpfX4Tqu Posted at 11-4 06:24
Thanks for your response, I can try this with some compressed air.

I went into the flight data center to view the attempted take off, it recognized the attempted flight but the error message doesn't show up, is there anyway I can manually lift the flight record off my phone?

You need to care for your drone! If one motor had problem starting, you focus on that motor in the first place. There is no button to push to solve all problems. Take care of your drone!
2021-11-4
Use props
djiuser_mRziYpfX4Tqu
lvl.2
United States

I found out how to pull my log from the flight record, it didn't record any errors and strangely no mention of the pop up error message on my phone saying motor error as well...

2021-11-4
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

djiuser_mRziYpfX4Tqu Posted at 11-4 08:02
I found out how to pull my log from the flight record, it didn't record any errors and strangely no mention of the pop up error message on my phone saying motor error as well...

[view_image]

Strange reaction. First you realize an actual error: One of the motors does not spin. Then you refuse to inspect the motor.
Yet you become happy when you can see a log file. Good luck with your drone, poorly managed!
2021-11-4
Use props
djiuser_mRziYpfX4Tqu
lvl.2
United States

Johnny_J Posted at 11-4 08:46
Strange reaction. First you realize an actual error: One of the motors does not spin. Then you refuse to inspect the motor.
Yet you become happy when you can see a log file. Good luck with your drone, poorly managed!

I'm not entirely sure what your issue is, I'm not here to argue yet you sure seem to be attempting to find reason to.

You suggested to me to try a can of compressed air to which I said I will attempt, I have also tried to visually inspect motors to ensure they rotate freely etc. I even asked whether this is okay or whether I should contact DJI support, your response was then just stating that I need to care for my drone without advising what to do to care for it... not very useful. I attempted to access the logs to find evidence of the error message since it wasn't actively on the flight data center record through the app, and neither now is it logged in the flight record txt file either. And now your response is just out of proportion.

So actually, not a strange reaction, at no point did I say I refused to inspect the motor, in fact I even acknowledge the can of compressed air and even asked to contact DJI if that was necessary. So, like I said, your responses are way out of proportion, not sure if it's language barrier or whatever, but I don't need to spend time listening to negative people.

Good luck with your life, poorly managed.
2021-11-4
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

djiuser_mRziYpfX4Tqu Posted at 11-4 08:52
I'm not entirely sure what your issue is, I'm not here to argue yet you sure seem to be attempting to find reason to.

You suggested to me to try a can of compressed air to which I said I will attempt, I have also tried to visually inspect motors to ensure they rotate freely etc. I even asked whether this is okay or whether I should contact DJI support, your response was then just stating that I need to care for my drone without advising what to do to care for it... not very useful. I attempted to access the logs to find evidence of the error message since it wasn't actively on the flight data center record through the app, and neither now is it logged in the flight record txt file either. And now your response is just out of proportion.

You want to press a button! Not engage in solving anything. You are like most people. Lazy and not really interested. Hence "..." happens! And you still have no clue!
2021-11-4
Use props
djiuser_mRziYpfX4Tqu
lvl.2
United States

Johnny_J Posted at 11-4 09:00
You want to press a button! Not engage in solving anything. You are like most people. Lazy and not really interested. Hence "..." happens! And you still have no clue!

Why are you even still wasting time to reply...

I've come here asking for advice and suddenly you've jumped to some conclusion that I am lazy and not interested... well done on your very scientific methods. I'm not entirely sure how you reach them, but nevertheless I do not care. I could spend plenty of time assessing your life based on the interactions you make on here but I simply do not care in the slightest to even begin to. So like I said before, why are you still wasting time to reply, I'm pretty sure you have bigger problems in life to worry about if this is how you are on here.
2021-11-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_mRziYpfX4Tqu Posted at 11-4 09:04

I've come here asking for advice and suddenly you've jumped to some conclusion that I am lazy and not interested... well done on your very scientific methods. I'm not entirely sure how you reach them, but nevertheless I do not care. I could spend plenty of time assessing your life based on the interactions you make on here but I simply do not care in the slightest to even begin to. So like I said before, why are you still wasting time to reply, I'm pretty sure you have bigger problems in life to worry about if this is how you are on here.

Please ignore him.  He loves to troll.   He does it all the time.
2021-11-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've come here asking for advice and suddenly you've jumped to some conclusion that I am lazy and not interested... well done on your very scientific methods. I'm not entirely sure how you reach them, but nevertheless I do not care. I could spend plenty of time assessing your life based on the interactions you make on here but I simply do not care in the slightest to even begin to. So like I said before, why are you still wasting time to reply, I'm pretty sure you have bigger problems in life to worry about if this is how you are on here.

Ps if you tap on the Icon top right you can set your name and avatar etc
2021-11-4
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-4 11:01
Please ignore him.  He loves to troll.   He does it all the time.

Also, he has zero DJI product avatars below his name. Does he even own a DJI product?
2021-11-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 11-4 11:05
Also, he has zero DJI product avatars below his name. Does he even own a DJI product? [view_image]

Well. He says he does but unless he buys second hand I doubt it.
2021-11-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your DJI drone. Since you are having this issue I would recommend for you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do there best to evaluate the said DJI drone and will give out the best resolution for this issue. Just a reminder that DJI do not recommend doing a DIY in fixing the said DJI drone to avoid further damaging the said unit and voiding the warranty of the said DJI drone. Thank you.
2021-11-4
Use props
djiuser_mRziYpfX4Tqu
lvl.2
United States

Thanks to all the intelligent responses made here.

Indeed I would rather DJI just sort the problem out rather than me doing it myself. I have it booked in for repair already and just need to post it back now.
2021-11-4
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

That is probably for the best. Good luck.
2021-11-4
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

In almost every online forum, there are guys like that. It is unfortunate but inevitable. It's best just to ignore them and go on with your questions to the rest of the more sane members.
2021-11-4
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_mRziYpfX4Tqu Posted at 11-4 21:04
Thanks to all the intelligent responses made here.

Indeed I would rather DJI just sort the problem out rather than me doing it myself. I have it booked in for repair already and just need to post it back now.

Tis what i would have done too, perhaps it will come back with nothing found but at least you will have peace of mind.
2021-11-4
Use props
djiuser_mRziYpfX4Tqu
lvl.2
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 11-4 21:44
In almost every online forum, there are guys like that. It is unfortunate but inevitable. It's best just to ignore them and go on with your questions to the rest of the more sane members.

I hope they get the help they need, they're clearly not of sound mind.

I have sent the drone off today, DJI even pay for the courier fees as well which is excellent service. Does anyone know usually how long it takes? I do agree, it may well be that they're not able to pinpoint anything but at least they've had it inspected which will give peace of mind.
2021-11-5
Use props
EnjoyFlying
lvl.3
United States

djiuser_mRziYpfX4Tqu Posted at 11-5 07:24
...I have sent the drone off today....

You said it was only an one time glitch, and then it's been flying fine.  Or, did the issue happen again?  But, do appreciate your sharing, please keep us posted on how your service experience goes and the result.

Thanks for sharing
2021-11-5
Use props
djiuser_mRziYpfX4Tqu
lvl.2
United States

EnjoyFlying Posted at 11-5 08:32
You said it was only an one time glitch, and then it's been flying fine.  Or, did the issue happen again?  But, do appreciate your sharing, please keep us posted on how your service experience goes and the result.

Thanks for sharing

It only happened the once and I've also only flown it once (immediately after it happened) since then, I was going to fly it today but thought I'd rather let DJI give it a once over first to make sure there's no underlying issues so had it sent off.

Basically I flew it for 1 battery, then changed battery and packed the drone away, a short while later, took the drone back out again ready to take off, the motors started spinning except one of them (the propellers were still overlapping one another so the motor mustn't have received enough power to spin enough to free the overlapping propellers). I thought it was weird since I've hardly used the drone so checked they rotated freely and I was able to take off immediately after.

There is no trace of the error message in the flight data centre and also in the flight logs, nothing was logged referring to any motor issue.

2021-11-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_mRziYpfX4Tqu Posted at 11-5 07:24
I hope they get the help they need, they're clearly not of sound mind.

I have sent the drone off today, DJI even pay for the courier fees as well which is excellent service. Does anyone know usually how long it takes? I do agree, it may well be that they're not able to pinpoint anything but at least they've had it inspected which will give peace of mind.

it usually takes 10 working days using repair centre in Netherlands. The shipping is pretty slow and tracking not so good be patient and you will have it soon.
2021-11-6
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

I've come here asking for advice and suddenly you've jumped to some conclusion that I am lazy and not interested... well done on your very scientific methods. I'm not entirely sure how you reach them, but nevertheless I do not care. I could spend plenty of time assessing your life based on the interactions you make on here but I simply do not care in the slightest to even begin to. So like I said before, why are you still wasting time to reply, I'm pretty sure you have bigger problems in life to worry about if this is how you are on here.

Yes, you are lazy! Expect someone else to solve your problems. You don't even care to change your name "djiuser_mRziYpfX4Tqu" even as DAFlys advised you how to do that!
2021-11-7
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Johnny_J Posted at 11-7 04:04
Yes, you are lazy! Expect someone else to solve your problems. You don't even care to change your name "djiuser_mRziYpfX4Tqu" even as DAFlys advised you how to do that!

C'mon Johnny, be reasonable, they are a new member, treat them as such, it is up to them what name they choose, and how they want to proceed with any advice given, and that is all it is, advice. Ya cant call someone lazy just because they don't take that advice, plus, you are not helping, you're just badgering them, leave it be and move on to your next victim ;)
2021-11-7
Use props
djiuser_mRziYpfX4Tqu
lvl.2
United States

Johnny_J Posted at 11-7 04:04

I hope you get the help you need, clearly there are some health issues at bay that need resolving from what seems to be a rough childhood upbringing.

You find the need to spend time communicating with strangers in a very strange method, one that doesn't fit in with with typical societal values, perhaps a lack of communication as part of ones lonely life so this is almost a cry out for attention. I'm sure there are some charities out there you can reach out to.

In answer to what you raised, if you think I'm lazy for not changing my username, then that's absolutely fine with me, doesn't make any difference to me whatsoever what my username is on here. Once again, if you see great importance in life to ensure that every username on every forum is updated to government level standards etc., this is just further evidence that you should be seeking for treatment sooner rather than later.
2021-11-7
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

djiuser_mRziYpfX4Tqu Posted at 11-7 07:16
I hope you get the help you need, clearly there are some health issues at bay that need resolving from what seems to be a rough childhood upbringing.

You find the need to spend time communicating with strangers in a very strange method, one that doesn't fit in with with typical societal values, perhaps a lack of communication as part of ones lonely life so this is almost a cry out for attention. I'm sure there are some charities out there you can reach out to.

You are clearly a Facebook Bimbo! Blame others rather than seek solutions yourself! Good luck with that!
2021-11-7
Use props
djiuser_mRziYpfX4Tqu
lvl.2
United States

Johnny_J Posted at 11-7 07:23
You are clearly a Facebook Bimbo! Blame others rather than seek solutions yourself! Good luck with that!

It's okay, there are people out there to help people like you.

You're not alone.
2021-11-7
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

djiuser_mRziYpfX4Tqu Posted at 11-7 07:24
It's okay, there are people out there to help people like you.

You're not alone.

Nope! Not okay to act as a Facebook Bimbo!  You destroy for others with your ignorance and laziness!
You do not help!
2021-11-7
Use props
djiuser_mRziYpfX4Tqu
lvl.2
United States

Johnny_J Posted at 11-7 07:29
Nope! Not okay to act as a Facebook Bimbo!  You destroy for others with your ignorance and laziness!
You do not help!

Like I said, plenty of support out there for you https://www.bros.global/referralaustria taking the first step is difficult, but we as a DJI community will support you.
2021-11-7
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

djiuser_mRziYpfX4Tqu Posted at 11-7 07:31
Like I said, plenty of support out there for you https://www.bros.global/referralaustria taking the first step is difficult, but we as a DJI community will support you.

Lots of stupid and lazy people here! Like the dic***d that upvoted her answer!
2021-11-7
Use props
djiuser_mRziYpfX4Tqu
lvl.2
United States

Johnny_J Posted at 11-7 07:36

Wouldn't do any harm recommending your parents for help too, it usually runs in the family.
2021-11-7
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Johnny_J Posted at 11-7 07:36

You really need to take a step back....PS, ya cant vote for yourself, clearly some others are reading this but keeping quiet, for now...
2021-11-7
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

djiuser_mRziYpfX4Tqu Posted at 11-7 07:58
Wouldn't do any harm recommending your parents for help too, it usually runs in the family.

2021-11-7
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

Bashy Posted at 11-7 08:17
You really need to take a step back....PS, ya cant vote for yourself, clearly some others are reading this but keeping quiet, for now...

2021-11-7
Use props
djiuser_mRziYpfX4Tqu
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-6 15:04
it usually takes 10 working days using repair centre in Netherlands. The shipping is pretty slow and tracking not so good be patient and you will have it soon.

Got a call from DJI today, they said they've checked it thoroughly and couldn't find any fault with it but will ask another engineer to confirm this as well before sending it back to me. Overall, the peace of mind is good. Very grateful that I didn't listen to any mentally incapacitated individuals on here as they strongly advised against self repair methods due to the fragility of the equipment which could lead to voiding warranty's/care.
2021-11-9
Use props
djiuser_mRziYpfX4Tqu
lvl.2
United States

Very happy with DJI service overall, turnaround was only 4 days and they even gave me a free gift bag of DJI goods too, will definitely rely on them again in the future no matter how small the issue. Well done DJI.
2021-11-10
Use props
Robert Sparaney
New

United States

Please help, error no 3 motor stopping me from flying?? What do I need to do??
2023-8-15
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Telling us what the error message is would be a start.
2023-8-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Robert Sparaney Posted at 8-15 06:14
Please help, error no 3 motor stopping me from flying?? What do I need to do??

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out. Have you experienced any crashes or hard landings? May we know what error message are you getting? Better if you could post a video to get it resolved accurately. Please keep us posted. We appreciate your patience.
2023-8-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules