lvl.3
Flight distance : 511722 ft

United Kingdom

Popey
lvl.1
Flight distance : 437474 ft

United Kingdom

1#

Hi have Mini 2 connected to Samsung Galaxy S21 running Android 12 UI 4 when I connect phone to the mini I don't see anything on the screen it's just black. Very disappointing. DJI Fly v 1.4.12 (1430-official)
Would like some assistance on this matter, as the drone is useless as you can't see where it is !!!!!
FYI App works fine on IPad I can view what the camera sees

Black

Black
2021-11-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Android 12 is not currently supported.
2021-11-4
Use props
Popeye1
lvl.3

United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 11-4 11:00
Android 12 is not currently supported.

Och!!! That’s not very good.
2021-11-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Popeye1 Posted at 11-4 11:29
Och!!! That’s not very good.

It’s only just been released. They need a little time to get stuff finalised.  It’s not like IOS that keeps stuff compatible.
2021-11-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Popey. I am sorry for any inconvenience caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device on the DJI Fly ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ) application to see if the issue will persist. In addition the incompatibility issue of Android 12 has been noticed by our DJI designated teams. Please be notified that we will cope with this issue as soon as possible. Thanks for your understanding.

2021-11-4
Use props
Popeye1
lvl.3

United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-4 20:00
Hello there Popey. I am sorry for any inconvenience caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device on the DJI Fly ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ) application to see if the issue will persist. In addition the incompatibility issue of Android 12 has been noticed by our DJI designated teams. Please be notified that we will cope with this issue as soon as possible. Thanks for your understanding.

Looks like everyone receives the same stock answer!!! Have no issues if connected to iPad, only on Galaxy S21+with Android 12.  So can’t use the drone til software has been updated for Android with no timeframe on this being resolved….
2021-11-4
Use props
djiuser_kR8hL4PVpIzN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1385 ft

India

Same stuff, I updated my S21 Ultra to Adnroid 12 today, and black screen in DJI Fly feed. Although image and videos recorded are fine. Its just the live feed that is having issues.
2021-11-19
Use props
EversR
lvl.2
Flight distance : 647861 ft
Netherlands

For me it's partially fixed on my S21. It now at least shows the camera feed when filming. Be sure to update to 1.5.1 and clear cache.
2021-11-19
Use props
Popeye1
lvl.3

United Kingdom

EversR Posted at 11-19 22:53
For me it's partially fixed on my S21. It now at least shows the camera feed when filming. Be sure to update to 1.5.1 and clear cache.

All the suggestions have been tried. Look like issue with the chip set used on S21 in Europe.,...
2021-11-20
Use props
EversR
lvl.2
Flight distance : 647861 ft
Netherlands

Popeye1 Posted at 11-20 01:13
All the suggestions have been tried. Look like issue with the chip set used on S21 in Europe.,...

I also have to European version (Exynos)
2021-11-21
Use props
Antulo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 90988 ft
United Kingdom

I've just posted the same issue with my S21 on UI 4.0. I used to use the Mini 2 on my S21 with UI 3.1 (Android 11) and it worked fine. As above seem it's "simply" an issue with Android 12. The fact that with DJI Fly 1.5.1 you at least get streaming video when recording is a good sign.

I'm happy to wait for DJI to finish their testing / fixes to properly support android 12 (which has JUST been released)

To all of those that are complaining about Android support and saying "it's not like this with iOS", then consider this..... Google makes Android and then a LOT of different manufactureres take that Android and customize it form themselves. For companies like DJI to ensure their software works on as many Android devices as possible, it's not simply a matter of making it work with Android, but also to make it worked with the myriad versions and flavours of Android out there from so many different manufacturers. With iOS it's "easy".... One manufacturer and one iOS to test on. I'd say we should just be grateful that DJI tries their best to support as many different manufacturers and versions of Android that they can.

I chose to upgrade my Galaxy S21 to a beta version of the Samsung Android 12, so I can't really blame DJI if i have issues with their software
2021-11-25
Use props
rmanke
lvl.1
Flight distance : 122359 ft
Canada

I hope it works on the Pixel 6 soon.  I want to fly my Mini!
2021-11-25
Use props
Stonkat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 203921 ft

Poland

Hello, sorry for refresh old topic but i am new and still can not create new threat. I have DJI FPV COMBO (DJI FPV + Gogle V2) i have Samsung S22 on Android 12. DJI FLY app starting i can see settings etc. but when i try to click on "GO FLY" blue button it's opening new tab but i can see nothing... but black screen without any symbols. Just black screen and back arrow on top left side of screen. Any idea how to make this running? also DigiView 3rd app to view video from Gogle doesn't work.. It's stuck on "connect google". Regarding DJI FLY app i tried to install 1.5.8(1600), 1.5.1 build 2025, without any results. Please help.

@update DigiView is working i had to use OTG cable.
2022-5-6
Use props
Stonkat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 203921 ft

Poland

working fine on S22/Android 12 DJI FLY 1.6.1!
2022-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules