Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
griffdude13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 53507 ft
  • >>>
United States

Seriously.
Why can't we be allowed to use our own SSd for this feature if the write speeds met the requirement? Please tell me that there's an update to make this possible in the future, because that is such a huge disappointment to me. We're already spending a minimum of $7100 on this device and you want us to drop another thousand dollarson the SSD and mount?

I'd rather record to my Atomos Ninja, which I'd hate becuase then I'd lose a lot of the focus features.

I really, really think DJI needs to consider how anti-consumer this decision feels.

2021-11-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1.  DJI needs to listen to this.
2021-11-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there griffdude13. Good day and thank you for sharing your valued insights with regards to this matter. I will cascade these information to the designated DJI department for further attention. Thank you and have a nice day.
2021-11-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for bringing this to our attention. Just to clarify, this is related to the writing and reading speed of the medium, other mediums may not meet the requirement. Hope for your understanding.
2022-2-20
Use props
andrea cecchini
lvl.3
Italy

Ok, tell me about Cfexpress?
This card meets and far exceeds the requirements of your proprietary SSD, but apparently you have limited that to support your SSD as well. On the other hand, the PRO SSD relies on the CFexpress adapter to be able to use it. I think this kind of senseless limitation is not beneficial after you also take off the ProRes Raw.
2022-3-2
Use props
Chapeaublanc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 25794 ft
  • >>>
France

DJI Susan Posted at 2-20 22:54
Hi there, thank you for bringing this to our attention. Just to clarify, this is related to the writing and reading speed of the medium, other mediums may not meet the requirement. Hope for your understanding.

Yes, but if we connect an SSD who have the Writing speed requirement, It will be very nice to unlock the restriction. Please, it's a huge pain to use only the DJI Pro SSD...

I know that is to "force" the user to buy the DJI SSD, but honestly it is way too expensive.
2022-3-3
Use props
C Irion
lvl.1

United States

Really, locking ProRes seems like a move that RED might do. DJI I think you can do better than RED.. Please make ProRes available to write to Samsung T5/T7.
2022-3-3
Use props
djiuser_zGr9P97kREMS
New

Belgium

Completely agree. If you want us to buy your SSD, drop the price or leave us use fast other SSD.
2022-3-4
Use props
TheStoryTillNow
lvl.2
Flight distance : 98360 ft
Canada

Agreed. Don't put a software limitation on my $8000 device that I own. If I plug in an SSD with the appropriate speeds, let me record whatever I want. Make your customer's happy so we'll continue to be customers.
2022-3-9
Use props
fans8240cd91
lvl.1

United States

Please DJI make us love this camera, please!, DJI you have a great opportunity to build a community, and make this camera Iconic in the film industry, please don't push people away, Cheers Friends
2022-4-16
Use props
griffdude13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 53507 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2-20 22:54

But I don’t understand. Why can’t we use a third-party SSD if it meets the requirements for Pro Res? It should be allowed if we already have fast enough SSDs.
2022-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules