Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Pictures during the turn
897 7 2021-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_RuEKh9DALFVC
lvl.2
United States

I just got my M300 last week and have done a test run mission with the pilot app and I noticed it takes pictures during the turn. I'm used to the P4P with Drone Deploy and it doesn't do that. Is normal? I couldn't find anywhere in the pilot app to set that.
Running the latest firmware across the board, drone, controller, and camera (P1).

2021-11-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I’ve I my used drone deploy but a few extra pictures should make much difference.
2021-11-4
Use props
anejojoe
lvl.2
United States

A few extra picture on a small site but just flew a 71 acre site and it took like 167 more pictures than it needed to.
2021-11-5
Use props
fans5b25584c
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24012 ft
United States

I always want as many pictures as I can get, ESPECIALLY on the turns. where there would otherwise not be any overlapping pictures on the outside.

If you're looking to conserve SD card space, you might try setting the "Margin" to 0 on the "Advanced Settings" tab for the mission, and move the boundary in a little so that the pictures in each turn cover just to the boundary you want.
2021-11-6
Use props
anejojoe
lvl.2
United States

fans5b25584c Posted at 11-6 07:47
I always want as many pictures as I can get, ESPECIALLY on the turns. where there would otherwise not be any overlapping pictures on the outside.

If you're looking to conserve SD card space, you might try setting the "Margin" to 0 on the "Advanced Settings" tab for the mission, and move the boundary in a little so that the pictures in each turn cover just to the boundary you want.

I'll try that on the next test flight. I dropped the margin down to 10 feet still ended up with over 1000 pictures for a 71 acre site @ 300ft. P4P only took about 600 @ 225ft for the same site.
Thanks for the reply.
2021-11-9
Use props
hoss_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 166168 ft
United States

May depend if you are taking photo by time interval or distance internal. Will take more on turns when drone slows down if your using time interval.

Agreed though extra photos are useful.
2021-11-11
Use props
fans5b25584c
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24012 ft
United States

anejojoe Posted at 11-9 13:30
I'll try that on the next test flight. I dropped the margin down to 10 feet still ended up with over 1000 pictures for a 71 acre site @ 300ft. P4P only took about 600 @ 225ft for the same site.
Thanks for the reply.

I finally gave up trying to find either a horizontal or vertical overlap that wouldn't still stitch in Photogrammetry when using a P1.

Now I fly with a 50% overlap between grids and a picture a second. Then I set the vertical overlap to 50% and choose a speed near the high end of what's allowed.

At 100 meters altitude I would be expecting a speed near 10mps.

Try something like that and see if you don't get a lot fewer images but are still able to stitch.

2021-11-11
Use props
anejojoe
lvl.2
United States

fans5b25584c Posted at 11-11 19:46
I finally gave up trying to find either a horizontal or vertical overlap that wouldn't still stitch in Photogrammetry when using a P1.

Now I fly with a 50% overlap between grids and a picture a second. Then I set the vertical overlap to 50% and choose a speed near the high end of what's allowed.

I'll mess around with those settings and see how that works out. I'm not real impressed with the Pilot app. Hopefully DroneDeploy add the P1 support soon.
Thanks for the reply.
2021-11-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules