Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 11-8 10:55
Dji are lethal in dismissing customers, Ive had 2.5 years with my RC , so I’m lucky, but those who bought with Air2s got a real kick in the teeth.

Also forcing those buying combo to pay for both Pro Controller and standard controller is another con job. I wonder will the pro controller work with Air2s which is also O3 but not O3+

Same here, I've had the original smart controller for 2.5 years, and was quite happy to buy the new smart controller either separately or bundled with a non-cine mavic3. Forcing non-cine version customers to buy the proper controller separately and also paying for the standard controller is nothing more than a con job. That standard controller may work just fine with a mini2, but I simply can't accept changing aperture on a pro-sumer level camera without a knob...
2021-11-13
Use props
Aeropeaks
First Officer
Flight distance : 26618251 ft
  • >>>
France

Monkey007 Posted at 11-13 20:29
Same here, I've had the original smart controller for 2.5 years, and was quite happy to buy the new smart controller either separately or bundled with a non-cine mavic3. Forcing non-cine version customers to buy the proper controller separately and also paying for the standard controller is nothing more than a con job. That standard controller may work just fine with a mini2, but I simply can't accept changing aperture on a pro-sumer level camera without a knob...

Yes, it's a very strange choice frome DJI.

Why using Air 2 RC and not the Mavic 2 RC ?

Mavic 2 RC have C1/C2 buttons and the whel knob to change the aperture !!!

With DJI, we come back to the past ....
2021-11-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Aeropeaks Posted at 11-13 22:23
Yes, it's a very strange choice frome DJI.

Why using Air 2 RC and not the Mavic 2 RC ?

With DJI, we come back to the past ....

But unfortunately we pay futuristic prices….
2021-11-14
Use props
Aeropeaks
First Officer
  • >>>
France

scubaAnn Posted at 11-5 05:50
I hope it does too.  The stock controller with the M3 is the same as mini 2 and air2s.  I bet the new upgrade will allow it for out SC V1

ABout the SMartcontroller and M3 compatibility,
If DJI does not understand this request from its customers, it will be a huge disrespect for them.
2021-11-14
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can't believe so many people thought it would come w/ the better controller.  That only comes with the $5000 version.  I couldn't find where to buy the other one separately but I don't have any real need for a better drone.  The ones I have are just fine.  I haven't even touched the DJI FPV drone in Many months.
2021-11-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

AntDX316 Posted at 11-14 11:48
Can't believe so many people thought it would come w/ the better controller.  That only comes with the $5000 version.  I couldn't find where to buy the other one separately but I don't have any real need for a better drone.  The ones I have are just fine.  I haven't even touched the DJI FPV drone in Many months.

No thats not it, if you go back to old M2 controller it had a lot more to offer than new standard controller. It had two wheel controls one on standard, it had 2 customizable buttons, 1 on standard, it had a full LCD telemetry screen, none on standard. So the standard RC on M2 was by far a much better controller except for the practicality of the design. Its right and fair that a drone priced so high should have a controller to match.
2021-11-14
Use props
Aeropeaks
First Officer
  • >>>
France

hallmark007 Posted at 11-14 12:25
No thats not it, if you go back to old M2 controller it had a lot more to offer than new standard controller. It had two wheel controls one on standard, it had 2 customizable buttons, 1 on standard, it had a full LCD telemetry screen, none on standard. So the standard RC on M2 was by far a much better controller except for the practicality of the design. Its right and fair that a drone priced so high should have a controller to match.

Agree with this fact,

M2 controller have more options...
incredible for the price of the new M3 !
2021-11-15
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3DtL3S
lvl.4
Flight distance : 510968 ft
Israel

I just want to remind everyone that the M2P and M2Z were offered as a bundle with the smart controller INSTEAD of the standard one. I bought my M2P with the smart controller to begin with, for an addition in price that was much lower than the standalone price of the SC. Why would  DJI force us to buy the M3 non-cine and add the pro controller separately on top if not for pure cynicism.
2021-11-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_Kf4iPA3DtL3S Posted at 11-15 03:54
I just want to remind everyone that the M2P and M2Z were offered as a bundle with the smart controller INSTEAD of the standard one. I bought my M2P with the smart controller to begin with, for an addition in price that was much lower than the standalone price of the SC. Why would  DJI force us to buy the M3 non-cine and add the pro controller separately on top if not for pure cynicism.

Initially with SC you were also expected to buy both, it was changed 6 months later. But if you purchased with M2P you would then have to sell it with M2P , so if you used it with other drones then your option is now gone. Or you have the option of trying to buy a really over priced standard RC to sell with your M2.

Its a kind of catch22 situation. It doesn’t make sense to have both “Unless you are looking to sell your drone “ BTW it will cost you $320 dollars for old M2P RC . Not sure the price of the new standard RC but off dji it wont be cheap.
2021-11-15
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_Kf4iPA3DtL3S Posted at 11-15 03:54
I just want to remind everyone that the M2P and M2Z were offered as a bundle with the smart controller INSTEAD of the standard one. I bought my M2P with the smart controller to begin with, for an addition in price that was much lower than the standalone price of the SC. Why would  DJI force us to buy the M3 non-cine and add the pro controller separately on top if not for pure cynicism.

well if you've seen what happens on the internet w/ finances and how people make money on the internet, having an M3 w/ it's features is considered a high-end luxury.  The M2Z and M2P are plenty suffice.
2021-11-15
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3DtL3S
lvl.4
Flight distance : 510968 ft
Israel

hallmark007 Posted at 11-15 04:06
Initially with SC you were also expected to buy both, it was changed 6 months later. But if you purchased with M2P you would then have to sell it with M2P , so if you used it with other drones then your option is now gone. Or you have the option of trying to buy a really over priced standard RC to sell with your M2.

Its a kind of catch22 situation. It doesn’t make sense to have both “Unless you are looking to sell your drone “ BTW it will cost you $320 dollars for old M2P RC . Not sure the price of the new standard RC but off dji it wont be cheap.

When I bought my M2P in early 2019 it was available with the SC. I don't have any other drones, I had a Spark which I sold back then. So if I decide to upgrade I will sell it with my M2P.
So I didn't get sc***ed like others here, I used my SC for almost 3 years without having to own the standard controller and I was very happy with my choice of adding the extra, but not having to buy another standalone controller. I guess DJI figured they shouldn't allow this to happen with the M3...
2021-11-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_Kf4iPA3DtL3S Posted at 11-15 07:44
When I bought my M2P in early 2019 it was available with the SC. I don't have any other drones, I had a Spark which I sold back then. So if I decide to upgrade I will sell it with my M2P.
So I didn't get sc***ed like others here, I used my SC for almost 3 years without having to own the standard controller and I was very happy with my choice of adding the extra, but not having to buy another standalone controller. I guess DJI figured they shouldn't allow this to happen with the M3...

I think 6 months down the road you will see these packages available, thats the way it was with M2P & Z.
2021-11-15
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 11-15 09:01
I think 6 months down the road you will see these packages available, thats the way it was with M2P & Z.

Yes I agree, I suspect the issue here (Given the Controller Pro is unavailable) is that they only have sufficient supply for the  Cine. I am also wondering if the Cine require an O3 capable remote for Apple ProRes.
2021-11-16
Use props
Fugazi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 121109 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I have also ordered the Mavic 3 Fly More Package and am just wondering reading this thread. The Original DJI Smart Controller will not support the Mavic 3???? Sure??? Could this be real???

Dear DJI support (@DJI Wanda); could you please give us a short notice if there will be an Update for the SC (V1) to work with the Mavic 3 in future? Otherwise I will also return the Mavic 3 and use my Mavic 2 Pro and Air 2S instead.

Many thanks in advance for a quick answer.
2021-11-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Fugazi Posted at 11-17 07:25
I have also ordered the Mavic 3 Fly More Package and am just wondering reading this thread. The Original DJI Smart Controller will not support the Mavic 3???? Sure??? Could this be real???

Dear DJI support (@DJI Wanda); could you please give us a short notice if there will be an Update for the SC (V1) to work with the Mavic 3 in future? Otherwise I will also return the Mavic 3 and use my Mavic 2 Pro and Air 2S instead.

I wouldn’t hold your breath here. Its been said by dji here that it won’t be compatible, and although this is not strictly the case, there seems to be no sign of dji making this happen. Unless pressure on them helps.
2021-11-17
Use props
Fugazi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 121109 ft
  • >>>
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 11-17 08:08
I wouldn’t hold your breath here. Its been said by dji here that it won’t be compatible, and although this is not strictly the case, there seems to be no sign of dji making this happen. Unless pressure on them helps.

DJI support marked here: "...DJI Smart Controller does not support use together with Mavic 3 for now..:".
So I would like to get an interpretation what exactly is meant by "for now" from official DJI site. Is it realistic to wait for an update in time to make it work ? Otherwise I would definetly return the Mavic 3.
2021-11-17
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Fugazi Posted at 11-17 10:47
DJI support marked here: "...DJI Smart Controller does not support use together with Mavic 3 for now..:".
So I would like to get an interpretation what exactly is meant by "for now" from official DJI site. Is it realistic to wait for an update in time to make it work ? Otherwise I would definetly return the Mavic 3.

... I think the following post (YouTube) shows very nicely why it doesn't really make sense ...:

2021-11-17
Use props
Apatron
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-12 02:18
Yes if you have the time and the hardware to use pro res . For those working in the industry its fine, but using pro res will mean after 30 minutes or so video recording you will have to land and finish or download to a big hard drive before filming anymore. And unless you are showing on the big screen then its going to be difficult to show off your silky smooth footage. You are basically paying 800 bucks for a 1TB ssd drive and a pro res license which is the cost of the same with an inspire 2. So I don’t think you get much greater value from cine than SC2 and combo “unless you are serious hobbyists or pro or you like lots of useless nd filters.

Absolutely correct. The Mavic 2s, with the full package, is $1799. that is an excellent drone, 3 batteries, bag and Smart controller. To be honest, 90 of the world would not know the difference in footage.
2021-11-22
Use props
mrl1111
New

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-4 23:57
Sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused. Before we launch out Mavic 3, we have already tested the compatibility between DJI Smart Controller and Mavic 3. Since the hardware of DJI Smart Controller can not support all the image transmission system requirements of Mavic 3, we can not guarantee that the actual effect of DJI Smart Controller's image transmission will be as good and stable as that of RC Pro, also the new function, 4G image transmission. Thus, DJI Smart Controller does not support use together with Mavic 3 for now. Thanks for your understanding.

I was planning on purchasing the Mavic3 and will no longer be doing so due to this issue.  Please revisit your strategy.
2021-11-27
Use props
mrl1111
New

United States

Give it 3 months... DJI "it seems that very few existing owners are upgrading... can't figure out why".  New buyers won't pay up for the new model  as their first drone and existing owners are hopefully irritated enough by this issue to take a pass on the Mavic3 until rectified.  IF the wonderful smart controller wasn't designed with forward updates in mind at that price point, then poor move on DJIs part.
2021-11-27
Use props
djiuser_bmVg0LDFSXav
New

United States

I will be returning the 3 I bought a couple of days ago because of this. That is outrageous. I will stick to my 2 pro, and I will be done with DJI after this.
2021-11-27
Use props
MedicFL1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4358570 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-4 23:57
Sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused. Before we launch out Mavic 3, we have already tested the compatibility between DJI Smart Controller and Mavic 3. Since the hardware of DJI Smart Controller can not support all the image transmission system requirements of Mavic 3, we can not guarantee that the actual effect of DJI Smart Controller's image transmission will be as good and stable as that of RC Pro, also the new function, 4G image transmission. Thus, DJI Smart Controller does not support use together with Mavic 3 for now. Thanks for your understanding.

Certainly the Cendence Remote Controller could operate the Mavic 3 Cine - Correct ??
2021-12-2
Use props
MedicFL1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4358570 ft
  • >>>
United States

frankymusik Posted at 11-17 11:03
... I think the following post (YouTube) shows very nicely why it doesn't really make sense ...:

https://youtu.be/ps9PO8W_9Es

Paid for by DJI as its been said he does not buy these, they are sent to him.
2021-12-2
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

MedicFL1 Posted at 12-2 13:29
Certainly the Cendence Remote Controller could operate the Mavic 3 Cine - Correct ??

Hello, there. Sorry for any inconvenience. Mavic 3 Cine supports DJI RC Pro and RC-N1 remote controller. Please kindly know that.
2021-12-2
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MedicFL1 Posted at 12-2 13:29

Not really there are two versions of Cendence remotes, one is Lightbridge for the Inspire the other for Matrice 200.
2021-12-3
Use props
Will Scott5
New

Canada

Everytime i fly this happens, all updates done, all calibrations done, repaired with controller done multiple times.

Mavic 3 with rcpro

What is happening here, getting pretty suck of this thing returning home and lost connection, especially after spening almost 4,000usd
2021-12-21
Use props
scubaAnn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4425230 ft
United States

Will Scott5 Posted at 12-21 06:38
Everytime i fly this happens, all updates done, all calibrations done, repaired with controller done multiple times.

Mavic 3 with rcpro

That's too bad.  My thread was pertaining to the original controller.  Maybe you might get more help if you post an original thread.  Good luck.  I haven't had this issue but using stock controller with the M3.  
2021-12-21
Use props
fansf9494331
lvl.1

United Kingdom

How very “apple” of you DJI - so we spend our hard earned cash on an expensive controller to find you have not extended its compatible capabilities but the m3 works with a controller that is pretty much the same as my last Mini 2 purchase - so my mindset will now be - the Mavic 3 is the last purchase I will make from DJI - I started with a Phantom 3 then Inspire 1 then Mavic 2 pro then Mini 2 then Smart controller and finally Mavic 3 flymore - my next move will be to sell all my DJI gear and move to Autel
2021-12-24
Use props
Fabrizioooo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3312001 ft
France

Maybe the next update in a few days will add compatibility..
More seriously, i think this is mainly due to the fact that, the old smart controller was mainly created to work with DJI Go 4, and DJI Fly app is maybe not stable enough to run well with the Mavic 3 on it
2022-1-21
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fabrizioooo Posted at 1-21 18:50
Maybe the next update in a few days will add compatibility..

hope so.  i will sell mine.
2022-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules