17091 149 2021-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rickmo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23901 ft
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-4 19:29
Hi, all. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused. DJI Mavic 3 can be used with DJI RC Pro and DJI Smart Controller is not supported.

Totally bogus. I've been waiting for a new controller for 2 years for my AIR 2
2021-11-5
Use props
CineView Media
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>
Norway

chrisn997 Posted at 11-4 21:50
This is completely unacceptable to spend $800 on a controller like that for it to be obsolete with the next release!  This is why I will be retuning my mavic 3 that I ordered today!

I totally agree, its just ridiculous, that they dont make anything backward compatible, regardless of any product range, at least for 1 gen.
2021-11-5
Use props
Switeacher
lvl.1
United States

DJI you really need to fix this issue. It is unethical to make the smart controller obsolete after loyal customers spent $800 to purchase it.
2021-11-5
Use props
distilledmedia
New

United States

Unreal. Terrible decision by DJI and there’s still no upgrade program for those of us that might possibly want to send back the old Smart Controller to have it upgraded for a “small price”? Ok. Apparently DJI thinks that ALL of us that spent the money for the Smart Controller are idiots. I’ll just assume then- that every drone release by DJI in the future will have a brand new special controller to go with it and you’ll retire the old ones? Let’s see how long this lasts. You’ll ruin every customer relationship you have and sink your own ship. Best of luck.
2021-11-5
Use props
fans5bdb1a6a
New
Flight distance : 82398 ft
Spain

Is the New DJI Rc Pro, of drone Mavic 3 Cinema,compatible with another drones? ...mini 2... air 2 could be
2021-11-5
Use props
Cloudwalker
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Of course I remember the demand that SC V1 should work with the Phantom 4 Pro V2 and DJI responded saying that there were no plans for that to happen. Then it did. I think the Mavic 3 will too after some time and they sell enough of the SC V2s.
2021-11-5
Use props
Cloudwalker
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Double post
2021-11-5
Use props
fans37b42d23
lvl.1
United States

Outrageous! When Dji introduced the Smart Controller they promised it would work with future drones. I bought it to control my Mavic 2 Pro - one would assume that "future drones" would include the next generation of Mavic. I was all set to order a Mavic 3, but that purchase has been nixed. Don't give DJI a gun - they'd just shoot themselves in the foot.
2021-11-5
Use props
Fabriziooo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 244829 ft
  • >>>
France

really weird move from DJI... like some said, it is surely to sell more RC Pro controller, but world doesn't work like that, when someone buy an ACCESSORY at 800$, it is supposed to last at least a few years, not ONE. It will be made compatible with an update once they will see that the RC Pro doesn't sell very good, at the price of an iPhone 13 Pro
2021-11-5
Use props
seoulman26
lvl.1

South Korea

Hi, all. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused. DJI Mavic 3 can be used with DJI RC Pro and DJI Smart Controller is not supported.

When I invested in the smart controller one reason was that DJI said at the time it will be compatible with future drones. So that is really really disappointing!!

The Mavic 3 is expensive as it is and now I need to buy a new controller too?

The least DJI should do is offer a trade-in for those already owning the old smart controller. maybe not 1:1 but at least giving a hefty discount for those who trusted DJI when they said the controller will work with future models!
2021-11-5
Use props
fans769cf084
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10125 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is completely unacceptable to spend $800 on a controller like that for it to be obsolete with the next release!  This is why I will be retuning my mavic 3 that I ordered today!

Exactly... Makes no sense! Even if some features are limited,it should be allowed to work!
2021-11-5
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

rickmo Posted at 11-5 05:56
Totally bogus. I've been waiting for a new controller for 2 years for my AIR 2

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. DJI RC Pro is currently compatible with DJI Mavic 3. For other compatible models, please pay attention to the official website for updated information.
2021-11-6
Use props
Altitude Surveys
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1654265 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well that sways it for me - not one for using tablets and phones. Staying with the MP2/SC for the time being. Shame.
2021-11-6
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

seoulman26@mac.com Posted at 11-5 16:56
When I invested in the smart controller one reason was that DJI said at the time it will be compatible with future drones. So that is really really disappointing!!

The Mavic 3 is expensive as it is and now I need to buy a new controller too?

Hello, there. Sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused. As we mentioned, before we launch out Mavic 3, we have already tested the compatibility between DJI Smart Controller and Mavic 3. Since the hardware of DJI Smart Controller can not support all the image transmission system requirements of Mavic 3, we can not guarantee that the actual effect of DJI Smart Controller's image transmission will be as good and stable as that of RC Pro, also the new function, 4G image transmission. Thus, DJI Smart Controller does not support use together with Mavic 3 for now. Thanks for your understanding.
2021-11-6
Use props
Altivu Ltd
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Don't get excited if you see this notification - just the DJI Fly app update. Talk about adding insult to injury!

2021-11-6
Use props
Altivu Ltd
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-6 00:19
Hello, there. Sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused. As we mentioned, before we launch out Mavic 3, we have already tested the compatibility between DJI Smart Controller and Mavic 3. Since the hardware of DJI Smart Controller can not support all the image transmission system requirements of Mavic 3, we can not guarantee that the actual effect of DJI Smart Controller's image transmission will be as good and stable as that of RC Pro, also the new function, 4G image transmission. Thus, DJI Smart Controller does not support use together with Mavic 3 for now. Thanks for your understanding.

And why hasn't a package been released that gives the option of a controller without going down the Cine route? A Fly More Combo+

Seems to me that DJI is becoming the more and more Apple and forcing expenditure on product that I would not fully utilise. I was so exited for this release and poised to immediately buy the M3. The financial leap from Fly More Combo to Cine is way too much. I just cannot bring myself to the expense of the Cine package to get a smart controller. So that's a sale lost DJI.
2021-11-6
Use props
Altivu Ltd
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 11-5 03:36
I’d that the 1.5.0 fly app update?

It is just the app update, yes. Quite insulting really.
2021-11-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Altivu Ltd Posted at 11-6 01:07
It is just the app update, yes. Quite insulting really.

And DJI says thats not compatible as well with the M3.
2021-11-6
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Altivu Ltd Posted at 11-6 01:04
And why hasn't a package been released that gives the option of a controller without going down the Cine route? A Fly More Combo+

Seems to me that DJI is becoming the more and more Apple and forcing expenditure on product that I would not fully utilise. I was so exited for this release and poised to immediately buy the M3. The financial leap from Fly More Combo to Cine is way too much. I just cannot bring myself to the expense of the Cine package to get a smart controller. So that's a sale lost DJI.

Hi, there. Sorry for any inconvenience caused. Your advice will be forwarded to our designated teams. Please kindly know that.
2021-11-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

scubaAnn Posted at 11-5 05:20
Fingers crossed....... it will work.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.  
2021-11-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-5 05:26
Is that the one that’s already disconnecting within VLOS.

LOL, same one.  
2021-11-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2021-11-6
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-4 23:57
Sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused. Before we launch out Mavic 3, we have already tested the compatibility between DJI Smart Controller and Mavic 3. Since the hardware of DJI Smart Controller can not support all the image transmission system requirements of Mavic 3, we can not guarantee that the actual effect of DJI Smart Controller's image transmission will be as good and stable as that of RC Pro, also the new function, 4G image transmission. Thus, DJI Smart Controller does not support use together with Mavic 3 for now. Thanks for your understanding.

Wanda,

The specification for the image system for the Mavic 3 is Occusync 2 Its in the product specification. The same as the Mavic Air 2S that is also an Occusync 3 (Control drone.) Did you mean to say that the existing SmartController will not control the Mavic 3.  Quite frankly your reply does not make sense given the specification of the units both controller and drone. The controller would appear to be the same as the Air 2S and that drone works wth the existing SmartController.

It appears that the reason is somewhat elusive. I have 2 of the existing SmartControllers so I have a spare in case I screw something up in a FW update. So it does impact me somewhat. But I bought the Cine but I don't want to buy another Pro Controller as a spare.

Please provider a response that actually makes sense to us that understand the technology.

2021-11-6
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

salesleicesterphoto.com Posted at 11-5 01:29
"Thus, DJI Smart Controller does not support use together with Mavic 3 for now."

Finding your reply confusing - does that mean the old controller may support the Mavic 3 Pro at a later date with lower image transmission?

Need to correct your incorrect assumptions. The Mavic Air 2 and the Mavic 3 is Occusync 2.0

Look up the specification of both drones. O2 Video system to the controller.

This is why the SmartController works with the Air 2S. But it had to wait for a FW update to allow the aircraft management system connect.

So looks like DJI is withholding the FW on the existing SmartController to support the Mavic 3. I have a theory as to why but I will save that for a new thread.  

So the excuses make even less sense.
2021-11-6
Use props
djiuser_HD36NWqxRh8k
lvl.1

United States

This is completely unacceptable to spend $800 on a controller like that for it to be obsolete with the next release!  This is why I will be retuning my mavic 3 that I ordered today!

Fully agree! I would love to upgrade to the Mavic 3, but cant justify buying another pro controller.  So the Mavic3, Fly more combo, and new pro controller would be about $4200????!!!! Way to crap on your customers DJI.
2021-11-6
Use props
Harkco
lvl.2
Flight distance : 288658 ft
United States

When will the controller be available to purchase by itself?
2021-11-6
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Harkco Posted at 11-6 08:33
When will the controller be available to purchase by itself?

It was upon release of the Mavic 3. Believe it is already out of stock.
2021-11-6
Use props
Sascha.ES
lvl.4
Spain

djiuser_PEp4mLwh74c7 Posted at 11-4 18:56
Thanks. That's too bad. Probably CrystalSky neither.

You made my day. No fly ap on the CS. The CS is an example of DJI simply not maintaining its software.
The old SC will not be compatible. The hardware is too old. It will be phased out with the models before the Mavic 3 and all subsequent models will only support the new RC PRO.
2021-11-6
Use props
Ian in London
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-6 00:19

HI Wanda.  People are seeing an update on their existing Smart Controller stating 'update to 1.5.0 to support Mavic 3".  Does this mean the Smart Controller will now support the M3?   
2021-11-6
Use props
djiuser_OuEzC1VZjr6P
lvl.1

United States

They've got until the expiration of my return period to fix that, or it's probably going straight back. --__--
2021-11-6
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Here is the specification from the DJI web site on the Mavic 3 communications to the controller. As I have posted many times Its O2.

2021-11-6
Use props
Mair
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1042657 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just kind of assumed the original Smart RC would be compatible with the new Mavic 3. That's what I get for assuming...
2021-11-6
Use props
fans04cc616a
New

United States

I’m also going to return new Mavic 3  because of this
2021-11-6
Use props
fans04cc616a
New

United States

2021-11-6
Use props
Mair
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

fans095ae06b Posted at 11-5 05:44
I was ready to buy the mavic 3 until I found out it was not compatible with the Smart Controller I bought for $800 last year. DJI should at least offer all of us a trade in for the new controller!!! Or make it work .. everyone please make this request known to DJI. THEY SHOULD DO THIS FOR THEIR LOYAL CUSTOMERS. I have 3 DJI drones. I was hoping to get this one

I went ahead and pulled the trigger, I couldn't help myself. It is a little upsetting, finding out that the Smart Controller isn't compatible with Mavic 3. Hopefully DJI will push out a firmware update before to long! *crosses fingers*
2021-11-6
Use props
Mair
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

fans04cc616a Posted at 11-6 15:37

I too thought about canceling my order, but I have high hopes that DJI will pump out a firmware update for us!
2021-11-6
Use props
Mair
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-5 03:36
I’d that the 1.5.0 fly app update?

I haven't received this update request!
2021-11-6
Use props
Mair
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Doobious Posted at 11-5 03:56
Grrrrrr.... I just got the Smart controller for the Air S2!  Very unhappy here too. Get your act together DJI or at least do a combo with the new controller that isn't ProRes.

It is pretty upsetting finding out about the incompatibility, after having ordered the Mavic 3. Hopefully DJI will push out a firmware update...
2021-11-6
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

I do not think this should surprise anyone.  The hardware for the smart controller is ancient and underpowered by modern standards.  DJI is doing the thing that is hard, namely moving people ahead.  End of life is a reality, time to upgrade.
2021-11-6
Use props
Le Boppeur
lvl.1
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 11-6 16:03
I do not think this should surprise anyone.  The hardware for the smart controller is ancient and underpowered by modern standards.  DJI is doing the thing that is hard, namely moving people ahead.  End of life is a reality, time to upgrade.

BS. You must be a truckle of DJI.  There is no reason that the Smart  Controller could not have been engineered in anticipation of future generation requirements.  It's simply unacceptable that the firmware/software design would be so constrained that the SC would be so restricted going forward.

From a PhD in engineering.
2021-11-6
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules