1163997 352 2021-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tioe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 144649 ft
Ireland

Red Zeppelin Posted at 11-5 00:06
Overall, I'm underwhelmed and disappointed.

I've been a happy DJI customer for 3 years now, buying drones, action camera's and lots of accessories, and the price to performance ratio has always been fantastic. The M3 will end my upgrade cycle with them.

Been tracking that on Amazon.co.uk, the lowest I saw it fall to was £993, where did you get it for that if you don't mind.
2021-11-5
Use props
BARROSCAPETTO
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3383980 ft
Brazil

Fantastic aircraft, some old requests being shipped in this new system. Congratulations on the launch and let's fly!
2021-11-5
Use props
Kune
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2773465 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Is the remote controller coming with the stantard version compatible with other drones like mini 2?
2021-11-5
Use props
Jasonstarbird
lvl.2
Flight distance : 116998 ft
United States

I’ll be keeping my P4 pro for a while it looks like.
2021-11-5
Use props
CGPhoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13046529 ft
  • >>>
United States

Really happy that the Fly App will allow on site airspace unlocking. Many times I have been surprised by airspace locked when I am authorized to fly.  
2021-11-5
Use props
fans3fd80232
lvl.1
Flight distance : 96581 ft
United States

Does the AeroScope Remote ID system comply with the FAA's 2023 requirement for Remote ID?
2021-11-5
Use props
Krrisstoff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1725610 ft
  • >>>
Poland

I've been waiting for him for so long and it's finally here. Unfortunately, my first impressions disappointed me. The Dji Fly application does not match this class of drone (it is too simple and too little developed), the zoom camera, poor quality, practically reverse technology and no DNG yet, the main camera slightly better than the one with m2p, flight time instead of the declared 46 minutes only max 35, I haven't heard of the possibility of post-woypoints mission planning.

It will probably be the first drone I buy with sadness instead of joy. ; (
2021-11-5
Use props
DJIFan999
lvl.3
Flight distance : 212546 ft
Pakistan

I love this but it's too expensive.
2021-11-5
Use props
Dennis Grayson
New

United States

Does anyone know the IP rating for wet weather?
2021-11-5
Use props
fans98d63e0a
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I’m not buying until the promised features are available and working.  We should buy at a reduced price…then pay for the promised features when available. My 2 cents.
2021-11-5
Use props
Gipé33
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1765486 ft
  • >>>
France

Le smart controller du M2 n'est pas compatible et c'est vraiment dommage.
2021-11-5
Use props
Paco_Jazztorius
lvl.1
United States

Will the Mavic 2 Smart Controller work with the Mavic 3?
2021-11-5
Use props
twzimage
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16719 ft
United States

I’ve owned both the Mavic Pro and the Mavic 2 Pro, successfully using both for action photography. This, despite the ungodly lag from the time you pressed the shutter release until the photo was actually taken. It was only possible because, with practice, you could press the shutter ahead of the moment you wanted to capture and allow the 5 frame burst to semi-reliably capture the moment you wanted.

Now here we are with the Mavic 3: no burst mode and no mention of whether the shutter lag has been fixed.

I ordered mine last night but I’ll be returning it, unopened. I can’t take the chance that they’re going to “possibly” add the burst feature in some nebulous firmware update, have it not happen and then be stuck with a drone that’s totally unsuitable for my needs. I wish I’d have known about this omission before I ordered…

Asking more money for less still photography usability is really disappointing.
2021-11-5
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Yes, ordered it from the local dealer the sam time. I will get it around mid November they said.
2021-11-5
Use props
Rick-Becco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 48146 ft
United States

Can somebody tell us if this is possible?

Will the Mavic 3 be able to do the following: like the Mavic 2:

Hyperlapse

Free

Circle

CourseLock

WayPoint

If so it would be worth the money?

2021-11-5
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Rick-Becco Posted at 11-5 21:45
Can somebody tell us if this is possible?

Will the Mavic 3 be able to do the following: like the Mavic 2:

I did not see any mention of hyper lapse in the launch video
2021-11-5
Use props
Nigelpugh7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4846939 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Like most people who work with Dji drones every day we were excited to hear about the Mavic 3.

But a lot of people won't like what we are going to say, and that is its just too expensive for what it is compared to the Mavic 2 Pro, which we have 4 devices in constant use today, and for the Cine version it gets too close in price performance to another platform we already own and use every day our Inspire 2.

So for now we have decided not to replace our M2P fleet, and will wait to see how the real world comparisons from new users come back.

It is a fantastic drone of course, so we hope everyone who has one on pre order gets what they hope for and have lots of creative enjoyment from using it!
2021-11-6
Use props
Schmooit
First Officer
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Rob W Posted at 11-5 04:19
Yes, EASA and CAA has to finish this. However, as I read on the Swedish Transportation  board, the first drones that will be c-marked is to be expected to reach consumers in late 2021 - which it is. I was expecting the late to market Mavic 3 to be that drone, but apparently not.

Same here just seems odd to me unless they are C marked in advance and they have just not advertised it  maybe, but that seems odd too!

I don't know what is so difficult about it the having a zoom meeting and thrash it out for a few hours. Lets face it the slow speed will be a requirement which most already have, maybe all round sensing, and obstacle avoidance must be on (unless unlock is applied for A2 Or GVC holder only. Most do this anyway so rather than messing around why dont they do a microsoft Windows 11 style and put in a cut off of any drone made prior to the Mavic 2 is off the list for close to people and any after tha must have the aboc options! But hey its the CAA so they like to take their time! And people flying drones isn't real aviation so there no rush!

On another note its seem odd flying drones is deemed to require legislation for safety reason and untrusted pilots yet at this time of the year any idiot with a pocket full of cash can go into most supermarkets and purchase explosives and let them off where ever they choose without any prior rules or tests and very near the public or their neighbours but that's deemed perfectly safe! And a drone operator who has passed tests and invested in varying pieces of not cheap drone equipment is deemed to be unsafe and requires testing and registration before they can do so!

Mostly because the people who made those decisions don't understand them and don't want to understand them and just believe the media, the idiots at Gatwick would not have been stopped by a stupid test or classification of equipment in the same way that most UK gun crime is committed using unregistered illegal fire arms!

The world is nuts!
Rant over!!
2021-11-6
Use props
TilleTeamM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1769117 ft
Sweden

Does the Remote Control, that comes with the DJI Mavic 3 Cine Combo, support a lightning/USB/HDMI monitor display on an external iPad? Just to clarify, I need to know if I can use an external monitor display, on wich the DJI app is installed, when I fly.
2021-11-6
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Its an impressive drone for sure, but not for me at that price point. Ill hold on to our fleet of pro 2's. They are not broken so why fix them, right.

My next purchase would be the Ronin4D and at 11,189 it's a bitter pill to swallow, but she wants one lol.

Back to lurking lol waves to all
2021-11-6
Use props
TilleTeamM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1769117 ft
Sweden

Does the Remote Control, that comes with the DJI Mavic 3 Cine Combo, support a lightning/USB/HDMI monitor display on an external iPad? Just to clarify, I need to know if I can use an external monitor display, on wich the DJI app is installed, when I fly.
2021-11-6
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
Flight distance : 30364 ft
United Kingdom

DarthSLR Posted at 11-4 21:05
My understanding is that a lot of the most exciting features will be delivered later via a firmware update, most sources quoting January.
Which is fine by me, I'll play with the basic model for now.
Curious: why, do you think, hover mode time is 40 minutes, and flight time is 46? Ain't hovering more efficient? Kinda counterintuitive, but I'm sure there's a good explanation...

Hovering requires more battery because it constantly needs GPS signal for precise hover. Pinpointing a set of coordinates and trying not to move from there, especially in wind requires a lot of battery
2021-11-6
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Alvara74 Posted at 11-6 02:45
Hovering requires more battery because it constantly needs GPS signal for precise hover. Pinpointing a set of coordinates and trying not to move from there, especially in wind requires a lot of battery

Thank you! That makes sense.
2021-11-6
Use props
djiuser_RuIE5TcsKKtW
lvl.2

Mexico

What would be the recommended flight planning app fro Mavic 3 Pro?
2021-11-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Suren Posted at 11-5 19:30
Yes, ordered it from the local dealer the sam time. I will get it around mid November they said.

Oh nice
2021-11-6
Use props
cicciopilota
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36624 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hi all, very  beautiful drone, but in Italia and fo easa is not certtified c1 after 2023 can fly online far from piace, a lot of people speak about retrocompatibilyty but in i not see bifore spend 2829 euro.
In ma opinion the pr e is to much tech remote of combo is same of Mavic mini 2, the Smart controller is good but in the past Every update come in Smart controller long time after mobile phone iOS, i willl seenext year this is my personal opinion.
2021-11-6
Use props
fansf72da4e5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6734816 ft
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 11-5 00:15
It is the perfect drone I will never own (and that is unfortunate, since it really ticks ALL the boxes)

I will also really be interested in the actual flight time average if they are now claiming 46 minutes.  
My MA2 gets 26-27 minutes tops for 10-11 miles single flights on one battery charge.  From a claim of 34 minutes for it.
If true the extended flight time is close to their claim, that checks my boxes too.  
2021-11-6
Use props
akozc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Hong Kong

is there any option for buying M3 with new SC without entering cine version?
2021-11-7
Use props
djiuser_0IwMutXz0C2I
New
Flight distance : 293911 ft
Malaysia

amazing, love it
2021-11-7
Use props
izotop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388763 ft

Slovenia

twzimage Posted at 11-5 18:50
I’ve owned both the Mavic Pro and the Mavic 2 Pro, successfully using both for action photography. This, despite the ungodly lag from the time you pressed the shutter release until the photo was actually taken. It was only possible because, with practice, you could press the shutter ahead of the moment you wanted to capture and allow the 5 frame burst to semi-reliably capture the moment you wanted.

Now here we are with the Mavic 3: no burst mode and no mention of whether the shutter lag has been fixed.

why would be shutter lag problem on the  drone, do you shoot action sport with it or something? it is definitely not done for this, as any other out there not.
personally, i don't have any problem with that on m2p, realy not sure what is the deal here. with burst mode you mean hdr stacking etc or we're again talking about some use for sport etc?
sorry, but not buying that i'm returning it because of firmware not 100% ready, it was same as any other drone, not just dji. i dont think you actual own it, to be honest..
2021-11-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

fansf72da4e5 Posted at 11-6 19:30
I will also really be interested in the actual flight time average if they are now claiming 46 minutes.  
My MA2 gets 26-27 minutes tops for 10-11 miles single flights on one battery charge.  From a claim of 34 minutes for it.
If true the extended flight time is close to their claim, that checks my boxes too.

I think you will realistically get 30-33 minutes until a 'normal person' would get back and still have some room for errors.
Which is a great flight time!
2021-11-7
Use props
Booradley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11349537 ft
United States

As a consumer, or hobbyist, I would be hard pressed to find a good reason to justify the purchase.  

As a professional I am hard pressed to not purchase it.  So I did, the Mavic 3 Cine.  With all of the leaks, I thought the only difference between the two would be accessories and the SSD.  I should have figured what the SSD was for.  To achieve true stable high quality LOG footage via Apple.

With my Nikon D780 I had to have a dedicated SSD and an Atmos Ninja.  When I saw LOG on the Mavic 2 pro, I was like "Sweeeeet!" and then suspicious on how good the quality could be on a micro SD vs everything that goes into achieving LOG on my Nikon.  I can see a difference when editing DJI footage side by side to Nikon footage.  The footage is also a bit unstable outside of DJI editing software, like Adobe Premier Pro.  Even with all of my settings dialed in, my Nikon footage will be smooth as butter, I will edit in some B Roll drone footage, also with the settings dialed in, and it's not entirely stable.  In fact its choppy if not adjusted properly in sequence settings and it must be exported through the encoder.  I welcome DJI placing this in the hands of Apple, this will likely save me time in post.  

I get it, people get GAS, get caught up in the gear.... Totally get it, but if you spent a day in my shoes, you'd know I am one of the cheapest guys around.  I built a business on a cropped Nikon, but spared no expense on the drone (at the time Mavic 2 pro).  I crashed my first Mavic 2 pro and it was unrecoverable.  So I replaced it.  I crashed my second one on an high ticket shoot, a real estate commercial for a 7000 acre ranch in central California.  The crash occurred on the first day and could have cut my revenue in half, had it not survived.  The reason for this long winded description is to really drive home how valuable that true collision avoidance will be for me.  I fly the eff out of these things.  Almost daily.  

This was definitely an investment.  One I expect a return on.  Had I not been a full time freelance photographer, it would be really difficult for me to justify this purchase.  However, I am not a person of means and if you are, meaning money is not an issue, this is the drone and package for you.  

I am pleased with what I have seen and heard about the remote control, I have high expectations for it and I believe DJI will deliver. I am also pleased that I will literally have everything I need to hit the ground running the day this arrives.  I expect it to be in familiar format to what I am already used to and can't wait to see what I create with it.

I look forward to putting this thing to work and documenting what I learn along the way.

I hope my perspective aids in your decision
2021-11-7
Use props
twzimage
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16719 ft
United States

izotop Posted at 11-7 07:09
why would be shutter lag problem on the  drone, do you shoot action sport with it or something? it is definitely not done for this, as any other out there not.
personally, i don't have any problem with that on m2p, realy not sure what is the deal here. with burst mode you mean hdr stacking etc or we're again talking about some use for sport etc?
sorry, but not buying that i'm returning it because of firmware not 100% ready, it was same as any other drone, not just dji. i dont think you actual own it, to be honest..

The shutter lag is a serious problem if you're shooting sports with it. I've had action photos shot with the Mavic Pro and Mavic 2 Pro published all over the world, despite the horrible shutter lag. With the burst mode it was possible to work around that limitation. Without burst mode, it'll simply not be possible to use the drone for the kind of photography I do.

As for releasing a drone with half-baked firmware: Let the buyer beware.

PS. I don't care if you believe me, especially since you basically admitted you have no experience shooting action stills with a DJI drone.
2021-11-7
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

For those outside the US of A and other special countries, you are better off ordering from your local agent than the DJI official store.

The DJI Store says that it will only start shipping orders, even those placed within minutes of registration only from Nov 19th 2021. Don't bother writing in to customer service as they are just programmed to give you the stock reply and have no sight of what is happening outside their office.
2021-11-7
Use props
The Dude in DB
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1371919 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

I probably make myself very unpopular saying this but I feel that the Mavic 3 is a misfire of a drone.
- Can’t use my existing Smartcontroller.
- 2 camera set up is unnecessarily complex and poorly implemented. At least on the standard controller.
- Second camera is optically and quality wise a joke
- Cameras can’t be changed (most likely)
- Weird front element of main camera will make the use of polarizers hard
- DJI Fly App with limited settings. That alone is a showstopper for me right there,
- The charging hub is as useless as all the ones from DJI before? Storage charge? Paralleled charging? It is a joke how bad the DJI chargers are
- The new Smart controller is way too expensive
- As is the new drone overall: way too expensive

I am utterly disappointed. I was really looking forward to upgrade from my Mavic 2. But not to this mess of a drone.

And if DJI says that there is no way that the original Smartcontroller can’t be used with the advanced transmissions protocols of the M3  then they are either lying or have lousy engineers. What is the transmission rate for the standard controller? And the one of the Smartcontroller V1? Ah…

2021-11-8
Use props
Phan-TOM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 61184 ft
  • >>>
United States

Will non-Cine versions work with the previous version of the smart remote?
2021-11-8
Use props
djiuser_TSiPckl2e595
New
United States

I love DJI and its products I am always commenting and promoting their products but on the Mavic 3 series I think they’re priced out of range for the person like myself that loves flying drones but cannot afford $5000 for an upgrade
The price of a Mavic 3  is more than the inspire professional drone series
2021-11-8
Use props
djiuser_TSiPckl2e595
New
United States

I love DJI and it’s Mavic series it was priced affordable for a person like myself to enjoy a professional drone at reasonable prices but the Mavic 3  series I think it’s priced way out of range for the every day drone user that loves flying and getting images but can’t afford $5000
The Mavic 3 is priced way higher than the Inspire series that carries a professional camera system
I’ve recommended the magic series to several friends that purchased a drone from DJI but I can’t see promoting a drone that cost as much is the mavic 3
2021-11-8
Use props
djiuser_TSiPckl2e595
New
United States

I love DJI and it’s Mavic series it was priced affordable for a person like myself to enjoy a professional drone at reasonable prices but the Mavic 3  series I think it’s priced way out of range for the every day drone user that loves flying and getting images but can’t afford $5000
The Mavic 3 is priced way higher than the Inspire series that carries a professional camera system
I’ve recommended the mavic series to several friends that purchased a drone from DJI but I can’t see promoting a drone that cost as much is the mavic 3
2021-11-8
Use props
djiuser_1ndDXCLGXg6o
New

United States

I cannot find an answer to this question anywhere; do either Mavic 3 model (Regular or Cine) support 4k/120 NOT in slo-mo? It appears the Cine may, but it has been hard to confirm. I feel like an idiot for reading dozens of reviews talking about the 4k/120, and none of them mentioned the detail that it was only for slo-mo video. Probably because none of the reviewers had access to the firmware update that enabled 120fps, which made it easy for them to spread what is apparently misinformation regarding the 4k/120 capabilities.

If the Cine can support 4k/120 but the regular Mavic 3 cannot, I guess I am going to be returning my Mavic 3.
2021-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules