2021-11-8
Use props
Ulven
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1195394 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Rick-Becco Posted at 11-5 21:45
Can somebody tell us if this is possible?

Will the Mavic 3 be able to do the following: like the Mavic 2:

Me to wants this on my drone.waypoints and stuff like that.
2021-11-8
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Looks amazing!
2021-11-8
Use props
Wyldwestaz10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1099068 ft
United States

Ouch. Very expensive for the majority of pilots who are hobbyist. $3,000 US for combo. I’m sure it’s nice but not for that price. Enjoy everyone.
2021-11-8
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

TilleTeamM Posted at 11-6 02:14
Does the Remote Control, that comes with the DJI Mavic 3 Cine Combo, support a lightning/USB/HDMI monitor display on an external iPad? Just to clarify, I need to know if I can use an external monitor display, on wich the DJI app is installed, when I fly.

it supports mini HDMI out. So you need a HDMI Screen. That includes support for both the DJI Goggles. Not the FPV goggles but White and black RE.

You can get the full specs on the DJI website.
2021-11-9
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Alvara74 Posted at 11-6 02:45
Hovering requires more battery because it constantly needs GPS signal for precise hover. Pinpointing a set of coordinates and trying not to move from there, especially in wind requires a lot of battery

This is not the reason. The reason is the Props spinning when travelling also provide lift like an aircraft wing. This reduces the load on the battery. Has nothing to do with GPS.

Ask any helicopter pilot, the advancing blade has increased lift when traveling forward. The retreating blade has less lift. Net, net its additional lift from the forward motion. This is also the reason that helicopters are not as fast as fixed wings. If the forward velocity is the same as the blade velocity the retreating blade has no lift so it would roll out of the sky.

2021-11-9
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_1ndDXCLGXg6o Posted at 11-8 10:25
I cannot find an answer to this question anywhere; do either Mavic 3 model (Regular or Cine) support 4k/120 NOT in slo-mo? It appears the Cine may, but it has been hard to confirm. I feel like an idiot for reading dozens of reviews talking about the 4k/120, and none of them mentioned the detail that it was only for slo-mo video. Probably because none of the reviewers had access to the firmware update that enabled 120fps, which made it easy for them to spread what is apparently misinformation regarding the 4k/120 capabilities.

If the Cine can support 4k/120 but the regular Mavic 3 cannot, I guess I am going to be returning my Mavic 3.

Check the detailed specification of both the standard and Cine on the DJI website.

It's all listed there with the updated release FW.

Select one and then look at the specifications tab.
2021-11-9
Use props
trica de
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1062090 ft
  • >>>
Germany

mine should arrive today.... I just saw that some functions are coming in 2022 :/ well I have to wait
2021-11-9
Use props
izotop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388763 ft

Slovenia

djiuser_TSiPckl2e595 Posted at 11-8 06:58
I love DJI and its products I am always commenting and promoting their products but on the Mavic 3 series I think they’re priced out of range for the person like myself that loves flying drones but cannot afford $5000 for an upgrade
The price of a Mavic 3  is more than the inspire professional drone series

no, its not. when you complete combo which is comparable to m3 kit, it's not 3 or 5, but more 7k+. so, please stop with this nonsense..
2021-11-9
Use props
Ulven
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1195394 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Hi DJI, coul you make it possible to fly the M3 with the Motion Controller from the fpv drone? For us with only one hand working, the MC makes it fun to fly ;)
2021-11-9
Use props
djiuser_FficrgsTftRF
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70180 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Seriously hoping DJI adds waypoints in the update...also, no manual control for the telephoto lens, and it starts at 7x zoom - that's like 260mm equivalent??? So much potential, why not make it a reasonable focal length. Have been waiting 3 years for this, and they release an unfinished drone
2021-11-9
Use props
GregaRotar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2699967 ft
Slovenia

Hsjsjsjajajaisisjsh
2021-11-10
Use props
Paride Musci
Captain
Flight distance : 6103757 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

2021-11-10
Use props
04in719
lvl.3
Flight distance : 151 ft
  • >>>
United States

Got my Mavic 3 this afternoon. Can't get the Fly app.
The URL just says not available.
I tried talking with a support person. They told me over and over again to scan the QR code or to go to the DJI site to download the app.
The URL isn't available. It's offline or the wrong link.
The link in the QR code or the link from the DJI site says 'this site can't be reached'.
I tried explaining this to the person at support, they put me on hold till support closed and I was disconnected. Couldn't call back.
I spent over 3K on this and can't get the simple app to download. Yes, I have a supported phone, high end galaxy. That wouldn't make a difference if the URL isn't even coming up.
Very frustrating, I've purchased several dronesgQIECAAAECBAgQ2FpAIb21qP4IECBAgAABAgQIECBA4KAFFNIHvbwmR4AAAQIECBAgQIAAAQJbCyiktxbVHwECBAgQIECAAAECBAgctIBC+qCX1+QIECBAgAABAgQIECBAYGuB/x8FOGuccuYSSwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==[/img]
On any computer or movile device this is what I get from the link or QR code
2021-11-10
Use props
04in719
lvl.3
Flight distance : 151 ft
  • >>>
United States

04in719 Posted at 11-10 17:23
Got my Mavic 3 this afternoon. Can't get the Fly app.
The URL just says not available.
I tried talking with a support person. They told me over and over again to scan the QR code or to go to the DJI site to download the app.

Update to this:
Sparklight internet blocks this.
I switched to regular 5G and turned off wifi.
Still had to override the install of the DJIFly app in install security.
4 more steps to log in, verify and update the drone.
No help from support. Had to figure this out myself.
Hope this helps someone else.
BTW the Mavic 3 update after all of this takes almost an hour.
2021-11-10
Use props
djiuser_VU9CoJgfOVyE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 673064 ft
Slovakia

I just ordered a Mavic 3. Great product but I have one MAJOR suggestion. We all know (including DJI) that the "zoom" lens is not what it was supposed to be. My suggestion: instead of offering a 7x telephoto lens, have a 4x telephoto lens instead. The advantages:
1) No double digital zoom levels (now 2x and 4x) before getting to the optical zoom.
You can then have 1x native, 2x digital, 4x native, 8x digital ALL AT GOOD QUALITY on a 5.1K / 4K sensor...and then 16x digital for exploring.

2) Better quality: a 4x telephoto lens is easier to make sharp and reduce aberrations than 7x

3) Much more usable: Flying with 7x (or more) zoom is a recipe for shaky / hard to frame footage. 4x is much more usable for example for parallax effects

4) More light to the sensor: a 4x lens would likely do better in terms of max aperture than the F4.4 the 7x lens has

PLEASE PLEASE pass this to your engineeers. It would make the Mavic 3 the best drone in the market by far. Right now that 7x is totally useless.

Thanks!

Giacomo
2021-11-10
Use props
Jose Miguel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1113291 ft
Spain

Good morning. Are dji goggles compatible with Mavic 3? and, are the dji goggles FPV V2  compatible with Mavic 3?
2021-11-11
Use props
Paride Musci
Captain
Flight distance : 6103757 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

....delivered ahead of schedule
2021-11-11
Use props
Kune
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2773465 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I also received it yesterday!! Shipped from Netherlands and ordered right after the event (November 4th) at 3:50AM Central Europe Time.
2021-11-12
Use props
Michaelpop84
lvl.3
Flight distance : 264354 ft
Luxembourg

Unfortunately, I learned today that Mavic 3 will not have waypoints ("no future plans"). See here:
Myself I sold the Air2 and Air2S because they lacked this. It's such a simple solution and function, which even the old Phantom 4 had, and solved many projects quickly. Of course, it will be possible with third party software using virtual sticks, but it's not the same. Again disappointed about DJI. This time at more than double price compared to last deception.
Complete list of missing features (source: DC Rainmaker ) :

DJI-Mavic3-MissingFeatures-Nov2021.jpg
2021-11-12
Use props
djiuser_ppmpdlxzAA4O
New

Germany

How can i change the nd Filters? I cant remove the normal Front of the Camera. Dont wanna Break it, but i think the normal Front has to be removed so i can Mount the other Filters.
2021-11-12
Use props
fans1a1fad62
lvl.1
Canada

Has anyone had any trouble connecting the ssd to your MacBook Pro? Shot some beautiful footage, can’t seem to connect the ssd.
2021-11-12
Use props
dronehuntr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2448747 ft
United States

Please support with SDK ASAP so that developers can unleash the power of this drone!
2021-11-12
Use props
dronehuntr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2448747 ft
United States

Wolfendrone Posted at 11-5 03:29
Has anyone been able to gather, if autonomous waypoint flight mode is possible?

DJI has to update their Mobile SDK to support the Mavic 3. I am "hoping" and "assuming" that they will do this quickly since we all paid big bucks for this drone and want to use it to full potential. Cheaper drones like Mini 2 and Air 2S still aren't supported after 1 year and 6 months, respectively, but old drones like Mavic 2 and Phantom are...
2021-11-12
Use props
Macberg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 108219 ft
Germany

Hi everyone,

I do photography as a secondary occupation, using full format Leica Cameras and a digital medium format Hasselblad camera for my jobs (weddings and other events, some studio photography, landscape photography), and for quite a long time, have been looking for a portable drone with an image quality as good as possible (to come as close as possible to my stills cameras' image quality) to have additional creative starting points - that's why I bought the Mavic 3.

I've got a question:
I tried the search-function - without success: Is there a thread about postprocessing the Mavic 3 - files in Capture One (it doesn't seem to work - files are not shown for import in C1)?

Thanks for your help.

Edit: Alright, I've started a new thread on that issue here.

2021-11-13
Use props
Spazoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3148419 ft
  • >>>
United States

Congrats to all that have already purchased.  Happy flying!!
2021-11-13
Use props
Nick.G
lvl.3
Flight distance : 153219 ft
Russia

Wow, looks amazing!  
2021-11-13
Use props
jeffsezerpa
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I recently purchased magic 3 pro combo package and received my order today. So sad and angry because it is not working with my $700 DJI smart controller.  This is shame for DJI . Im very  very sad and angry.
2021-11-13
Use props
jeffsezerpa
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I recently purchased mavic 3 pro combo package and received my order today. So sad and angry because it is not working with my $700 DJI smart controller.  This is shame for DJI . Im very  very sad and angry.
2021-11-13
Use props
Cameron Brauer
lvl.1

United States

The Mavic 3's DJI Fly app is NOT COMPATIBLE with Google's flagship phone, the Pixel 6 Pro, running Flagship Android 12!?  
I've got a very expensive paperweight here!  SOS!
2021-11-13
Use props
Krrisstoff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1725610 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Unfortunately one of my friends has already crashed his M3. He lost control of it. Probably the drone application or software is a beta version (underdeveloped). I also bought this drone but I'm afraid to fly it. I don't want the same thing as my friend's. Does DJI plan to release safe software or are users to test what is at their own risk?
2021-11-14
Use props
fans47457e03
New
France

Bonjour j’ai reçu mon Mavic 3 hier mais il est impossible de l’activer il me dit contacter DJI avec 1112
9F0E3500-F9A2-4321-B668-36CFAEFEE3DE.png
2021-11-14
Use props
Michaelpop84
lvl.3
Flight distance : 264354 ft
Luxembourg

jeffsezerpa Posted at 11-13 11:39
I recently purchased mavic 3 pro combo package and received my order today. So sad and angry because it is not working with my $700 DJI smart controller.  This is shame for DJI . Im very  very sad and angry.

it was supposed to be a hard and no-mercy hit against skydio which shocked with its AI, adding of course a huge upgrade to the camera. What we find now is that it has, indeed a better camera than the Mavic 2, but...with much more limited functions.
2021-11-14
Use props
fans66f9fe16
New
United States

Which codec will produce the best results for mavic 3, h.264 at 200 mbps or h.265 at 140 mpbs? Does the efficiency of h.265 make up for the lower bitrate?
2021-11-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans47457e03 Posted at 11-14 04:48
Bonjour j’ai reçu mon Mavic 3 hier mais il est impossible de l’activer il me dit contacter DJI avec 1112

Hi, we are sorry to read about the issue. Could you please tell me the serial number of your drone to double check? Look forward to your reply.
2021-11-15
Use props
Diana_Gold
lvl.1

Poland

this dron is awesome, only that price could be less
2021-11-15
Use props
christangey
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

fans66f9fe16 Posted at 11-14 17:04
Which codec will produce the best results for mavic 3, h.264 at 200 mbps or h.265 at 140 mpbs? Does the efficiency of h.265 make up for the lower bitrate?

I suspect so, I don't know exactly how to do the sums but I'm guessing H265 @140 is equivalent to something like 220 or more mbps with H 264
2021-11-15
Use props
djiuser_wKVVTFtncm7U
lvl.1
Flight distance : 186490 ft
France

Hello, I am contacting you regarding a problem with my new Mavic 3. To activate it I connected it with my Iphone 13 and everything is fine. On the other hand, using my Ipad Air DJI FLY does not see it and it is displayed that the radio control is not connected to the drone! To specify my apl on iPad is up to date v1.5.0. Do you have a solution to solve this problem Thank you
2021-11-17
Use props
bb_
lvl.1

Taiwan

Will this drone support pro features like mapping missions like the previous dji mavic 2 enterprise with the new RC controller?
2021-11-17
Use props
fans5c80eb9a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1334682 ft
  • >>>
United States

My dng files are not recognized as raw files in Adobe light room or photoshop from the mavic 3 cine?  I have no problems with the djia are to s or the mavic2 pro.

Also my Lightroom and Camera law have been totally updated as of today November 17th so that can't be the issue?

Any ideas?
2021-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules