12Next >
20995 61 2021-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse50153eb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2038432 ft
United States

I just purchased the Mavic 3 and new SmartController.  Where do I purchase the 4G LTE dongle mentioned in the launch video?

Thanks!
2021-11-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Good day and thank you for purchasing the DJI Mavic 3 and new DJI Smart Controller. As of the moment the DJI Cellular Transmission Dongle is not yet available on our DJI Online Store. For the latest news and updates for the DJI Mavic 3 and it's accessories kindly please visit our official website at www.dji.com for details. Thank you.
2021-11-4
Use props
Chris C Dye
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-4 21:04
Hello there. Good day and thank you for purchasing the DJI Mavic 3 and new DJI Smart Controller. As of the moment the DJI Cellular Transmission Dongle is not yet available on our DJI Online Store. For the latest news and updates for the DJI Mavic 3 and it's accessories kindly please visit our official website at www.dji.com for details. Thank you.

Is there any timeframe on that availability? I bought the cine and this would be amazing. Also will it be region restricted?
2021-11-4
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi, all. Sorry for any inconvenience. Since every country has separate laws and regulations for communication and radio frequency equipment, DJI is studying the applicability of North America's regulatory requirements to the 4G dongle. Therefore, we have no plan on the availability of the 4G dongle in North America currently. Thanks for your understanding and support.
2021-11-5
Use props
fanse50153eb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2038432 ft
United States

Thank you!  Which countries is it currently available in?
2021-11-5
Use props
K6CCC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

Remember that LTE (also known as 4G ) is winding down as migration to 5G is underway.
For some US carriers, 3G will be completely gone in a just a few months, and 4G is next to go away.
2021-11-5
Use props
djiuser_0KcUfbimsCl3
New

United States

Here I can find more details about the supported 4G bands this dongle will cover. Any plans to support the CBRS band on the USA market?
2021-11-5
Use props
DRAGenDROP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-5 02:06
Hi, all. Sorry for any inconvenience. Since every country has separate laws and regulations for communication and radio frequency equipment, DJI is studying the applicability of North America's regulatory requirements to the 4G dongle. Therefore, we have no plan on the availability of the 4G dongle in North America currently. Thanks for your understanding and support.

and the EU?
2021-11-6
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi, there. Apologize for any inconvenience. 4G LTE Dongle will not be sold in EU countries, too. Attaching a 4G dongle would bring the weight above 900 grams, but our aim was to keep MTOM below 900 grams to widen the user base to those who only have an A1/A3 drone license. Mavic 3 users will get, amongst others, a fantastic dual-camera system and a flight time of more than 45 minutes which is a significant increase over previous models. In our opinion, these additional performance factors for our Mavic 3 users outweigh currently speculative considerations about classification standards that have not yet been finalized. Thanks for your understanding and support.
2021-11-6
Use props
DRAGenDROP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-6 03:14
Hi, there. Apologize for any inconvenience. 4G LTE Dongle will not be sold in EU countries, too. Attaching a 4G dongle would bring the weight above 900 grams, but our aim was to keep MTOM below 900 grams to widen the user base to those who only have an A1/A3 drone license. Mavic 3 users will get, amongst others, a fantastic dual-camera system and a flight time of more than 45 minutes which is a significant increase over previous models. In our opinion, these additional performance factors for our Mavic 3 users outweigh currently speculative considerations about classification standards that have not yet been finalized. Thanks for your understanding and support.

I can fly everything up to 25KG in the EU with my papers, what about them?!, you leave these people hanging?

thanks
2021-11-7
Use props
fans5490b0e6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2885423 ft
United States

K6CCC Posted at 11-5 09:54
Remember that LTE (also known as 4G ) is winding down as migration to 5G is underway.
For some US carriers, 3G will be completely gone in a just a few months, and 4G is next to go away.

I work for a cellular company, and LTE is not going away anytime soon. 3G on the other hand is being recycled to 5G networks. So no one should worry about the dongle once we have the option to buy it.
2021-11-10
Use props
K6CCC
lvl.4
United States

fans5490b0e6 Posted at 11-10 07:57
I work for a cellular company, and LTE is not going away anytime soon. 3G on the other hand is being recycled to 5G networks. So no one should worry about the dongle once we have the option to buy it.

Which one?  Several have already announced that they will start phasing out 4G (LTE) as soon as the end of 2022.  Yes, it will be a while before it's gone, but the handwriting is on the wall.
2021-11-10
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry, but I heard the 4G LTE is not available for the U.S. market.  
2021-11-10
Use props
FB: GeoDrone4K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Is just marketing...Will not be available...And DJI WANDA, Dongle is an option to be activated later or is different hardware inside drone? because if it is, that means nobody will have it and is pure marketing ....
2021-11-11
Use props
jr1fvk
New

Japan

djiuser_0KcUfbimsCl3 Posted at 11-5 17:30
Here I can find more details about the supported 4G bands this dongle will cover. Any plans to support the CBRS band on the USA market?

CBRS is only available in the US. It's not a global standard like 4G. So, I don't think that DJI will not supply a CBRS dongle.
2021-11-14
Use props
jr1fvk
New

Japan

Maxi3D Posted at 11-10 10:57
Sorry, but I heard the 4G LTE is not available for the U.S. market.

In the US, three major MNO are providing 4G/LTE including AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile.
2021-11-14
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

K6CCC Posted at 11-10 10:45
Which one?  Several have already announced that they will start phasing out 4G (LTE) as soon as the end of 2022.  Yes, it will be a while before it's gone, but the handwriting is on the wall.

5G has very limited range. It will take many years to phase out 4G at least the same time as 3G. 3G has been in operation since 2002 and is being decommissioned by most carriers starting in 2022. But this is only in areas where 5G is being installed and 4G is available for backup.

3G is the backup mechanism for 4G signal quality / range and will not be decommissioned yet in rural areas until such time as 4G is ubiquitous.

So if you use the same methodology for the retirement of 4G (LTE) you are looking at starting in 2042. Does not concern me. Will not be flying Mavic 3 with LTE dongle then assuming I have not died of old age.

Will be purchasing the Dongle as soon as it is available in AU for my Cine.

2021-11-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Looks like the dongle will only be available in “ Nauru, formerly known as Pleasant Island. ;+)……..
2021-11-14
Use props
Tomwman
lvl.2

Czechia

DRAGenDROP Posted at 11-7 00:59
I can fly everything up to 25KG in the EU with my papers, what about them?!, you leave these people hanging?

thanks

Hello,
yes, aiming under 900 g is only if you are in Open category, but what about us? "professionals" with papers so we can fly above 900 grams, above 2KG and exactly as you wrote 25KG isnt problem too.

So, what about EU market?
2021-11-16
Use props
Tomwman
lvl.2

Czechia

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-6 03:14
Hi, there. Apologize for any inconvenience. 4G LTE Dongle will not be sold in EU countries, too. Attaching a 4G dongle would bring the weight above 900 grams, but our aim was to keep MTOM below 900 grams to widen the user base to those who only have an A1/A3 drone license. Mavic 3 users will get, amongst others, a fantastic dual-camera system and a flight time of more than 45 minutes which is a significant increase over previous models. In our opinion, these additional performance factors for our Mavic 3 users outweigh currently speculative considerations about classification standards that have not yet been finalized. Thanks for your understanding and support.

Hello,
yes, aiming under 900 g is only if you are in Open category, but what about us? "professionals" with papers so we can fly above 900 grams, above 2KG and exactly as you wrote 25KG isnt problem too.

So, what about EU market?
2021-11-16
Use props
djiuser_whNJk1EqCkqS
New

United States

4G  is not going away for years to come.

5G is a “city”  type of technology.  It is very costly to implement in the countryside.  
Besides over 90% of mobiles in the world arent 5G compliant.

3G is going away for it was a bad 3G design that became a compromise until 4G.  

On topic,  4G (cellular) dongles and navigation hacks have been implemented in other platforms already.
Parrot Bebop 2 and 4LTE is an example.  It uses 4G tethering to navigate using cellular technology.
(The code is modifiable ).

Dont ask me about legality, that is a separate story.  As for the DJI , the same story as zoning.
There is always a Joe that can wipe that out and make it open.

2021-11-20
Use props
Chris C Dye
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

5G is ultra short range, it won’t supplant 4G LTE in 95% of the world in a the next decade. I think we are all good for a while. That’s why they chose 4G the range. The problem is the BVLOS rules regarding drones in the US.
2021-11-24
Use props
Chris C Dye
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

5G is ultra short range, it won’t supplant 4G LTE in 95% of the world in a the next decade. I think we are all good for a while. That’s why they chose 4G the range. The problem is the BVLOS rules regarding drones in the US.
2021-11-24
Use props
Chris C Dye
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

My guess is we will never see the dongle in the US. I just hope DJI don’t region restrict it so I a can acquire one and use it in the US with a waiver over private land for shooting films.
2021-11-24
Use props
Chris C Dye
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

We shall see. First we need to see the M3 updates in Jan.
2021-11-24
Use props
Chris C Dye
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_whNJk1EqCkqS Posted at 11-20 22:19
4G  is not going away for years to come.

5G is a “city”  type of technology.  It is very costly to implement in the countryside.  
Well said.
2021-11-24
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2021-11-25
Use props
JrFTW
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3064934 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-4 21:04
Hello there. Good day and thank you for purchasing the DJI Mavic 3 and new DJI Smart Controller. As of the moment the DJI Cellular Transmission Dongle is not yet available on our DJI Online Store. For the latest news and updates for the DJI Mavic 3 and it's accessories kindly please visit our official website at www.dji.com for details. Thank you.

I think its banned in The USA, Canada and Europe
2021-11-25
Use props
djiuser_BXnsSfGkG1bu
New

United States

Why did you release this product out with same controller as lessor drones with no telemetry. Then you don't have the most basic intelligent functions 300 dollar drones have put of the box. You do this on top of increasing the price???
2021-11-26
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I don’t think that is true at all
2021-11-27
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_BXnsSfGkG1bu Posted at 11-26 20:04
Why did you release this product out with same controller as lessor drones with no telemetry. Then you don't have the most basic intelligent functions 300 dollar drones have put of the box. You do this on top of increasing the price???

DJI always do this they hold back features to put in later drones to make more money from people. There is and old saying A fool and their money are easily parted
2021-11-27
Use props
geordie81
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14409554 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

K6CCC Posted at 11-10 10:45
Which one?  Several have already announced that they will start phasing out 4G (LTE) as soon as the end of 2022.  Yes, it will be a while before it's gone, but the handwriting is on the wall.

That is totally false, only 3G networks will be phased out by the end of 2022, if you are american I am assuming you are, then all 3 of the bigggest carriers have said 3G will be phased out, but simply it is being recycled for 5G usage, 4G will get at least another decade, why? because 6G will be around the corner by that point, and 3G will have had a 20 year life cycle by then, it would also make absolutely no sense what so ever to only have 5G and kill of 4G so soon after launch, its only 11 years into a projected 25 year life cycle, however, if you have valid sources to back up your 3G claim I am happy to be proven wrong
2021-12-6
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2021-12-6
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90259 ft
United Kingdom

NGC Posted at 12-6 12:01
DJI has removed all references to the 4G dongle off its website. So all this talk doesn't matter because it was vaporware anyway.

No, they’ve just removed it from the pages served for territories they’re not going to ship it to, e.g. US, UK and Europe. If you go to the Australian site it’s still there under the accessories section
2021-12-6
Use props
K6CCC
lvl.4
United States

geordie81 Posted at 12-6 11:37
That is totally false, only 3G networks will be phased out by the end of 2022, if you are american I am assuming you are, then all 3 of the bigggest carriers have said 3G will be phased out, but simply it is being recycled for 5G usage, 4G will get at least another decade, why? because 6G will be around the corner by that point, and 3G will have had a 20 year life cycle by then, it would also make absolutely no sense what so ever to only have 5G and kill of 4G so soon after launch, its only 11 years into a projected 25 year life cycle, however, if you have valid sources to back up your 3G claim I am happy to be proven wrong

The same article in one of the US communications trade papers that said that several of the carriers were announcing the date for the last of 3G being turned off in February 2022 also stated that two of the major carriers were going to be be starting to shut down 4G by the end of 2022.
While I will be the first one to agree that it will be quite a while - especially in rural areas, but the handwriting is on the wall - particularly in the major metro areas.
2021-12-6
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2021-12-8
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

K6CCC Posted at 12-6 19:00
The same article in one of the US communications trade papers that said that several of the carriers were announcing the date for the last of 3G being turned off in February 2022 also stated that two of the major carriers were going to be be starting to shut down 4G by the end of 2022.
While I will be the first one to agree that it will be quite a while - especially in rural areas, but the handwriting is on the wall - particularly in the major metro areas.

there's a difference between shutting down a network and shutting down the technology.

https://www.cnet.com/tech/mobile ... rk-on-june-30-2022/
2021-12-8
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2021-12-8
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 356391 ft
United States

4g is going no where anytime soon. Id say it has at least another 10 years. 5G is still in its infancy honestly. As a matter of fact Verizon just put up 2 brand new towers in my area recently and both are 4G towers. 5G coverage is still limited across the US. If you are outside of a metro area there is no 5G coverage at all. Where I live, the nearest 5g coverage is over 100 miles away. 4G however blankets the entire country. 4G will be the backbone of cellular networks for many years to come. We will be talking about the Mavic 7 or 8 when 5G becomes the new backbone.
2021-12-8
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2021-12-8
Use props
12Next >
Advanced