Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
CE certified ?
2314 15 2021-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ozoffi
First Officer
Flight distance : 55128 ft
Germany

Is the Mavic 3 also CE certified for the EU - can it therefore also be used legally in the EU in the future?
2021-11-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2164990 ft
Netherlands

It is CE marked, but not for the new classification.
So after the end of (I think) next year, you can only fly in A3 (open)
Meaning it is useless in a lot of situations.
But it can be flown legally, if you have enough open space to stay away at least 150m horizontally from almost anything man made.....
2021-11-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 11873274 ft
United Kingdom

Its the C Classification I think you mean,  and no it doesn't have it.
2021-11-5
Use props
ozoffi
First Officer
Germany

Thank you - then I'll stay with my Mini 2 for the time being - I won't have any problems in the future either ...
I am only flying over the open field anyway, but who can see into the heads of any strollers who may be present that I may unknowingly "fly over".
2021-11-5
Use props
mavic2zoom-ch
Captain
Flight distance : 5491089 ft
United Kingdom

Same for me, I have a Mavic 2 Zoom and a Mini 2. I'd love to upgrade to the M3 but without EU classification it'll be mostly useless to me after the end of 2022 and it's too much money for a year of entertainment. I'm not even sure it falls under the transitional classification as it wasn't on the market prior to the regulations being passed?
2021-11-5
Use props
ozoffi
First Officer
Germany

The Mini 2 is imho the last new drone that can still be used in full after 2022 - even without an EU certificate ...
2021-11-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
United Kingdom

ozoffi Posted at 11-5 01:02
The Mini 2 is imho the last new drone that can still be used in full after 2022 - even without an EU certificate ...

Not in Europe,   EASA just changed the rules that wreck that magic 250g rule.
2021-11-5
Use props
Drone-Films
lvl.2
France

Hello,
could somebody from DJI tell us if there is hope for a future C classification of the MAvic 3?
2021-11-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
United Kingdom

ozoffi Posted at 11-5 01:02

Have you seen this -

2021-11-5
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi, all. The standards for drone class identification labels have not been finalized yet. As of today, the notified bodies that are necessary to provide class identification labels have not yet been appointed by authorities in any EU state. Until 2023 you can keep using your drones under what is called the limited “Open category”. After that, operations of drones without a CE class identification label will be limited in operations.
DJI participates in advising on the standards and is working with potential notified body candidates, and we will be working on assuring compliance for relevant products accordingly.
We are aware that the current situation has led to many uncertainties amongst users when it comes to compliance of DJI drones with the new European Drone Regulations and class identification labels. Rest assured this issue is of the utmost importance to us, and we hope to resolve it as quickly as is feasibly possible.
2021-11-5
Use props
sbonev
Captain
Flight distance : 3143944 ft
Switzerland

DAFlys Posted at 11-5 01:46
Have you seen this -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMWEUHbUvVA&t=328s

well at this point it is all speculation...by the time it comes into effect they sure will improve the definition as it is too generic at the moment...mtom is really stupid way to limit small drones. it is not like you always put payload after all, it is more like an exception and should be determined not by the theoretical possibility, buy by the real-case situation. In any way mavic 3 is interesting but a no-go definitely. too expensive with too short lifespan to fly freely...by the time it hits the market with C marking there will be new mini out, so i don't see the point. In any way i have my mini 2 to wait it out and see the final situation, so i will get the next best thing that has that C. So even if the mini 2 goes to A3, which is really doubtful and improbable, i don't care. Still is the best for travelling and hiking.
2021-11-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
United Kingdom

sbonev Posted at 11-5 02:04
well at this point it is all speculation...by the time it comes into effect they sure will improve the definition as it is too generic at the moment...mtom is really stupid way to limit small drones. it is not like you always put payload after all, it is more like an exception and should be determined not by the theoretical possibility, buy by the real-case situation. In any way mavic 3 is interesting but a no-go definitely. too expensive with too short lifespan to fly freely...by the time it hits the market with C marking there will be new mini out, so i don't see the point. In any way i have my mini 2 to wait it out and see the final situation, so i will get the next best thing that has that C. So even if the mini 2 goes to A3, which is really doubtful and improbable, i don't care. Still is the best for travelling and hiking.

I totally agree with you.    I love the Mini2 for all those reasons,  and luckily in the UK we haven't changed that rule Yet. so we are still good in the 250g category.
2021-11-5
Use props
Maxi3D
Captain
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

All electronic products are CE marked. I thing you are referring to the C mark.
2021-11-5
Use props
DRAGenDROP
First Officer
Flight distance : 20350778 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

And..... do not not forget..... every EU country can also put rules on top of the EU rules!
Like in the Netherlands, even if you are under 250 Gram you can not have a camera on the drone! so you can not fly it witout a license.
Great ha these EU rules!

2021-11-6
Use props
Bigplumbs
Captain
Flight distance : 536391 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 11-5 01:46
Have you seen this -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMWEUHbUvVA&t=328s

That is just nonsense you can’t believe all that Hendricks posts he is just a sensationalist who wants hits on his channel
2021-11-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 11-6 23:16
That is just nonsense you can’t believe all that Hendricks posts he is just a sensationalist who wants hits on his channel

Luckily it doenst affect us unless the CAA adopt the new rules.
2021-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules