Unauthorized gimball movement
781 10 2021-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
roteko
lvl.1

Netherlands

Hi!

I am experiencing a major problem with my mini 2. I have owned it for about 6 months now. Since about a month, the camera gimball thends to move to the left slowly during flight, with no way to correct it.
While I am flying, the drone keeps flying straight. I can see this from the GPS data in airdata uav. The stick data presented there is correct as well. The camera just moves to the left. Manually correcting it in the gimball menu does nothing. After a few minutes it corrects itself, only to do it again. I have added a video, which is a 10x timelapse of a flight i made today. It shows the gimball movement and a correction.

I would love to add a flight log, but i cant seem to find it in the phone data.

here is the vid

2021-11-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeah, something is wonky as the gimbal should not be wandering like that.  
2021-11-5
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

DJI moved the flightlog to another dir....

//android/data/dji.go.v5/files/FlightRecord/*.txt

If you can find your log   post a cloud-link on here to your log.
Or via > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Or your airdata link

Mayby log will tell more....

cheers
JJB

cheers
JJB
2021-11-5
Use props
roteko
lvl.1

Netherlands

I just sent it off to the store i bought it at. It was within its guarantee period, so it will probs be fixed for free. Thx for your help!
2021-11-5
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

roteko Posted at 11-5 07:25
I just sent it off to the store i bought it at. It was within its guarantee period, so it will probs be fixed for free. Thx for your help!

oke,  but your log is on your mobile device,  if you like  upload the log to see if there are any indications about your issue

cheers
JJB
2021-11-5
Use props
DAYTONA392
lvl.4
Flight distance : 131942 ft
United States

JJB* Posted at 11-5 04:07
Hi,

DJI moved the flightlog to another dir....

jjb, that new location of the DJI fly app logs.. not sure what phone you use, but I'm using a Galaxy s20 Ultra. When I use the default file manager to browse file locations and folders, anything that's in the Android/data does not show up. This started with Android 11. It's some kind of Android protection that only allows the program that created the file in that directory to access it. Meaning the DJI fly app can access that location but you cannot go there manually with a file editor or file manager program. I have had to install a different file management program like "Xplor" that allows me to actually see files in that location. Have you experienced this as well?
2021-11-5
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAYTONA392 Posted at 11-5 11:01
jjb, that new location of the DJI fly app logs.. not sure what phone you use, but I'm using a Galaxy s20 Ultra. When I use the default file manager to browse file locations and folders, anything that's in the Android/data does not show up. This started with Android 11. It's some kind of Android protection that only allows the program that created the file in that directory to access it. Meaning the DJI fly app can access that location but you cannot go there manually with a file editor or file manager program. I have had to install a different file management program like "Xplor" that allows me to actually see files in that location. Have you experienced this as well?

yes, i use android phone, not on 11  but not all file explorer are allowed to read this location.
But some do...

I use wifi transfer, connect device via wifi to my pc, and copy paste files from device to pc.

cheers
JJB
2021-11-5
Use props
roteko
lvl.1

Netherlands

On my s21, that folder is empty as well. I did manage to download the raw data from airdata UAV tough. Here is the link...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... uQ/view?usp=sharing
2021-11-5
Use props
DAYTONA392
lvl.4
Flight distance : 131942 ft
United States

roteko Posted at 11-5 12:25
On my s21, that folder is empty as well. I did manage to download the raw data from airdata UAV tough. Here is the link...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16jid9i9txZnUY-oDTjD9rfumNsVNlSuQ/view?usp=sharing
You can get into the android/data using this app. This is what it looks like. Called X-plore
Screenshot_20211105-183255_Google Play Store.jpg
2021-11-5
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

roteko Posted at 11-5 12:25

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16jid9i9txZnUY-oDTjD9rfumNsVNlSuQ/view?usp=sharing

Hi roteko,

Nice long flight, outbound into the wind, return wind from behind!
Max distance reached is not bad for a MINI2....Battery wise max distance could be little further...   ;-) [ but not wise to do ofcourse! ]

Many messages in the log, but nothing to be found for the gimbal.
The gimbal yaw angle the same as the drone heading value ; meaning that the camera did point forward all the time. But your vidoe shows something else....

Cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
2021-11-6
Use props
roteko
lvl.1

Netherlands

Hi all, small update since last post.
As I said, I put the drone in a repair programme. It turns out they lost it, so I will get a new one. They did not give me any further info about what was wrong with the drone tough.
2021-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules