Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New M3 smart controller compatible with MINI2 etc ?
633 10 2021-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Can the new Mavic3 smart controller be used for the older DJI drones? MINI2, AIR2, AIR2S ect.

cheers
JJB
2021-11-5
Use props
TP-FPV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1146821 ft
United States

At present is does not appear so according to official listed information.
2021-11-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI said other drones would be added later but they didn’t say which drones or when.
2021-11-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. DJI RC Pro is currently compatible with the DJI Mavic 3. For other compatible models, please pay attention to the official website for updated information. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2021-11-6
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

if dji say they will be compatible in the future then i believe them.  it might take forever but ultimately it will get done.
2021-11-6
Use props
BobWinNV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

The new smart control is currently list by DJI as being compatible with the Mavic 3 and Mavic 3 Cine.  Hopefully that will change soon to pick up some of the older drones.   The M3 is supported by the Fly app in the latest version.
2021-11-7
Use props
Ian in London
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-6 00:40
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. DJI RC Pro is currently compatible with the DJI Mavic 3. For other compatible models, please pay attention to the official website for updated information. Thank you for your understanding and support.

I think you would get far more sales of the new RC Pro if it DID support the MIni 2 and Air 2S.....  
2021-11-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Ian in London Posted at 11-7 00:45
I think you would get far more sales of the new RC Pro if it DID support the MIni 2 and Air 2S.....

Thank you for your response, Ian. This request was already been sent to our designated team and they are now looking into it. Thank you for your valued support.
2021-11-8
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Ian in London Posted at 11-7 00:45

Makes perfect business sense to make the RC Pro at least support all the current drones. Whether it is reasonable to expect the 3 year old smart controller to support new drone(s) is debatable...
2021-11-8
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Monkey007 Posted at 11-8 11:52
Makes perfect business sense to make the RC Pro at least support all the current drones. Whether it is reasonable to expect the 3 year old smart controller to support new drone(s) is debatable...

agreed and it's inevitable the rc pro will support the previous drones because the original sc is officially discontinued.  this leave no phone-less solution for the earlier drones (except a kit) as an upgrade to the standard rc so it only makes sense to avail the rc pro.  which drones? i dunno prob not all of them.  also it might be a slow painful process with a lot of begging but i believe dji will do everything they can NOT to light up the original sc on the m3.  if they did, nobody with the sc would buy cine.  i personally think they don't want their new flagship drone to run on old old hardware under less than ideal conditions.
2021-11-9
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

One would think it may control the Air 2s being it is 03 transmission.
2021-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules