4042 15 2021-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
swigmofa
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3258543 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does anyone know if the US version of the Mavic 3 has AirSense (ADS-B receiver) or has DJI dropped this from all future drones?

2021-11-5
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Yes it does according to some of the videos I have seen.
2021-11-5
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. All-new DJI drone models released after January 1, 2020 that weigh more than 250 grams will include AirSense technology, which receives ADS-B signals from nearby airplanes and helicopters and warns drone pilots if they appear to be in a collision course. Please refer to the news here:
https://www.dji.com/newsroom/new ... new-consumer-drones
Notes:
The ADS-B functionality can only be enabled when the two conditions below are met:
1. The aircraft is a North American version with ADS-B.
2. The aircraft is used in North America.
2021-11-5
Use props
Kalle2017
lvl.4
Flight distance : 987310 ft
Germany

No ADS-B in Europe?
2021-11-9
Use props
dcrainmaker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 477310 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Kalle2017 Posted at 11-9 00:26
No ADS-B in Europe?

AirSense is working on my EU bought Mavic 3 just fine. Got alerts both yesterday and this past weekend too for air traffic (thousands of feet above me).
2021-11-9
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90259 ft
United Kingdom

Interesting. IIRC I noticed the "Manned Aircraft Nearby" alert on your high windspeed video.

I have to say it seemed like it would be an odd omission for EU/UK, since ADS-B is mandated here for a significant amount of civil aviation.

Nice work on that video BTW, looking forward to more. It must be frustrating having all those menu items "Coming Soon".
2021-11-9
Use props
CineView Media
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>
Norway

dcrainmaker Posted at 2021-11-9 01:16
AirSense is working on my EU bought Mavic 3 just fine. Got alerts both yesterday and this past weekend too for air traffic (thousands of feet above me).

How does it work, do you get a popup message on the screen?
2022-5-25
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

It has it, and worked for me until some recent firmware updates.  I expect it is going to be working again shortly with some new firmware.
2022-5-25
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

The correct answer is yes But NO as DJI totally messed it up several FW back and now it is NOT working
2022-5-25
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

alex_markov Posted at 5-25 22:23
The correct answer is yes But NO as DJI totally messed it up several FW back and now it is NOT working

That is correct
2022-5-25
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

I also noticed the same. It seems AirSence even though it's turned on, it does not seem to be active on Mavic 3 in US. I compared against Air 2s and that drone shows air traffic well and accurate, but Mavic 3 does not seem to detect it right now. I also heard it's coming in new DJI firmware update.
2022-5-26
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Mzp Posted at 5-26 06:19
I also noticed the same. It seems AirSence even though it's turned on, it does not seem to be active on Mavic 3 in US. I compared against Air 2s and that drone shows air traffic well and accurate, but Mavic 3 does not seem to detect it right now. I also heard it's coming in new DJI firmware update.

It worked perfectly for IOS in Firmware 0400 but died from 0500 onwards. The ADSB and GPS are one module hence the issues might be linked. In trying to fix the slow GPS acquisition, Dji broke Airsense as well.
2022-5-26
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 5-26 11:12
It worked perfectly for IOS in Firmware 0400 but died from 0500 onwards. The ADSB and GPS are one module hence the issues might be linked. In trying to fix the slow GPS acquisition, Dji broke Airsense as well.

Ah wow, I only started flying my drone 2-3 weeks ago as it was too cold here before.  Hopefully it might be  good news that it used to work before that firmware update, hoping in this case they would be able to fix it since hardware physically works, just software is lagging.
2022-5-26
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

I did some testing of ADS-B yesterday and it seems it might be turned off in recent firmware on M3C in US region. I did check and it was turned on in DJI Fly Settings, but not getting aircraft alerts on screen. Could someone please confirm it's working in US region in the latest firmware 0700 I think it is. The only thing I am not 100% sure there were aircrafts in the air as I flew unusually late. If someone from US could also check if it's working for them.
2022-6-1
Use props
CRXM
New
Flight distance : 124672 ft
United States

Mzp Posted at 6-1 12:07
I did some testing of ADS-B yesterday and it seems it might be turned off in recent firmware on M3C in US region. I did check and it was turned on in DJI Fly Settings, but not getting aircraft alerts on screen. Could someone please confirm it's working in US region in the latest firmware 0700 I think it is. The only thing I am not 100% sure there were aircrafts in the air as I flew unusually late. If someone from US could also check if it's working for them.

It’s working for me. I am using the regular Mavic 3 on the latest update.

Just a few minutes ago, I received an alert of a manned aircraft nearby and it even showed me its location on the map.
2022-6-1
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

CRXM Posted at 6-1 17:52
It’s working for me. I am using the regular Mavic 3 on the latest update.

Just a few minutes ago, I received an alert of a manned aircraft nearby and it even showed me its location on the map.

Thank you for confirmation CRXM. I need to do more testing to find out for me. That is very good news that it's working for you!
2022-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules