505 9 2021-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marcel-Stephan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2559613 ft
Germany

Hi,

i used the panorama photo mode a lot on my Mavic 2 Pro. Owning also a Mavic Mini 2 i'm a little bit concerned about the limited Panorama mode in the DJI Fly app.

• Can i store the single pictures of the panorma as DNG-files on the sd-card? (I prefer building the pano in Adobe Lightroom)
  • What kind of panorama modes are supported? 7 pics width and 3 height as the Mavic 2?
  • It there also an vertical pano mode?
  • Can i configure the width and height (numbers of shoots) of the panorama mode?

Thx in advance for answers.

2021-11-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

On the mini 2 the pano is stitched on your controller/phone but the individual shots can be set to save to the sd for later sticking manually.
2021-11-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I would first say its pretty simple to take a manual panorama with a drone and configure in Lightroom and you will get really great results.
However your question doesn’t seem to be answered in the manual, most likely because its not implemented yet. Looks like dji have released this drone unfinished as regards software, probably because they didn’t want to miss the upcoming tech buying season, and once again total disregard for their customers.
2021-11-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-6 02:37
I would first say its pretty simple to take a manual panorama with a drone and configure in Lightroom and you will get really great results.
However your question doesn’t seem to be answered in the manual, most likely because its not implemented yet. Looks like dji have released this drone unfinished as regards software, probably because they didn’t want to miss the upcoming tech buying season, and once again total disregard for their customers.

"once again total disregard for their customers"

This is what happens when DJI has no viable competitors.  Take the money up front and let them wait for announced features.  Since some reviewers had the Mavic 3 for over 2 months this means that DJI made the decision to use the DJI Fly App with the M3.  So why is it taking so long to finalize the software?  With preparations for the Chinese New Year 2022 beginning January 24th who knows if DJI will get the firmware update by that date or will it slide to late February.  Again, just total disregard for the customer!

2021-11-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-6 05:12
"once again total disregard for their customers"

This is what happens when DJI has no viable competitors.  Take the money up front and let them wait for announced features.  Since some reviewers had the Mavic 3 for over 2 months this means that DJI made the decision to use the DJI Fly App with the M3.  So why is it taking so long to finalize the software?  With preparations for the Chinese New Year 2022 beginning January 24th who knows if DJI will get the firmware update by that date or will it slide to late February.  Again, just total disregard for the customer!

I fully agree, people have already paid. They should be told first what features are going to be implemented. And 2nd exactly when with specific dates. Right now there are “NONE” not a single intelligent flight mode is available for this drone and we are asked to wait 3 months for what?
2021-11-6
Use props
Sascha.ES
lvl.4
Spain

Yes. Software and DJI is always a problem.... not enough support over years.
2021-11-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-6 06:01
I fully agree, people have already paid. They should be told first what features are going to be implemented. And 2nd exactly when with specific dates. Right now there are “NONE” not a single intelligent flight mode is available for this drone and we are asked to wait 3 months for what?

I really wanted the Mavic 3 and had every intention of buying it on release day.  However, I have trust issues with DJI issuing an IOU.  So I'm holding off buying at this time.  

I know you have already ordered and may even have it in hand so I wish you the best of luck.  Keep us posted on how your Mavic 3 performs.  
2021-11-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-7 02:48
I really wanted the Mavic 3 and had every intention of buying it on release day.  However, I have trust issues with DJI issuing an IOU.  So I'm holding off buying at this time.  

I know you have already ordered and may even have it in hand so I wish you the best of luck.  Keep us posted on how your Mavic 3 performs.

I don’t have it yet, hopefully this coming week. But like you I have seen dji promise before on similar and fail to deliver when they say they will. Waypoints comes to mind it took many months to arrive. I use intelligent flight options very seldom, but this time I feel Ive paid a premium for these and having to wait 3 months is a bit of an insult.
2021-11-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-7 09:08
I don’t have it yet, hopefully this coming week. But like you I have seen dji promise before on similar and fail to deliver when they say they will. Waypoints comes to mind it took many months to arrive. I use intelligent flight options very seldom, but this time I feel Ive paid a premium for these and having to wait 3 months is a bit of an insult.

I couldn't agree with you more.  Maybe DJI will come through sooner than January, we can only hope.
2021-11-8
Use props
goldenorfephoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3405390 ft
United Kingdom

Just shoot manually,  get more control over what is in the field of view, with less sky and more foreground.  manually expose the sky frames and then alter exposure for the rest of the frames .  much better results that way .    in my p4p auto pano mode  i was always having to crop off the top to get a decent balance in an image .
2021-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules