DJI Mavic 3 - Max Take Off Weight
10465 14 2021-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_IxOaRD4i3n8r
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1088960 ft
Canada

What is the Maximum Take-Off Weight for the Mavic 3?

We know that it says the weight is 895 grams and 899 grams.

However, how much extra weight does DJI allow?

On the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced, you have a normal weight of 909 grams and you have a maximum take-off weight of 1,100 grams.

2021-11-5
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Max take off weight would be the weight of the drone.  What other things do you want to add?
2021-11-5
Use props
djiuser_IxOaRD4i3n8r
lvl.3
Canada

We build parachute recovery systems to enable compliance for flight over people for commercial operators.

Additionally, they have the add on for the 4G hardware. That will add weight above the listed weight too.
2021-11-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Easily going to lift 200 grams more.   We'll see how that effects the EASA classification.
2021-11-6
Use props
DRAGenDROP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Lucas775 Posted at 11-5 16:25
Max take off weight would be the weight of the drone.  What other things do you want to add?

4G dongle. ?
2021-11-6
Use props
djiuser_IxOaRD4i3n8r
lvl.3
Canada

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D556%26typeid%3D556
2021-11-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

4 g dongle is not for Europe .
2021-11-6
Use props
DRAGenDROP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 11-6 10:13
4 g dongle is not for Europe .

Did you know that in the EU there are also people that have the papers to fly up to 25KG?!, not all of us have only A1-A2 or A3 papers, there are a lot of people that have higher papers and can fly more KG!

Telliing me that it will go over 900Gramm with the 4G dongel is not a good reason to not let us use it.
2021-11-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DRAGenDROP Posted at 11-7 01:59
Did you know that in the EU there are also people that have the papers to fly up to 25KG?!, not all of us have only A1-A2 or A3 papers, there are a lot of people that have higher papers and can fly more KG!

Telliing me that it will go over 900Gramm with the 4G dongel is not a good reason to not let us use it.

I’m one of those so weight is not an issue, its also strange that this dongle is not available to those who want it and can use professionally.
2021-11-7
Use props
BrianBracher
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4204829 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Unlike most here I understand why you are asking, and have the same question myself as I need to add to my CAA OA Manual.  I am not sure we will get a confirmed answer from DJI, as we never did for the M2P.  I just used the Mavic Enterprise MTOM as they were basically the same.
2021-11-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

BrianBracher Posted at 11-28 02:19
Unlike most here I understand why you are asking, and have the same question myself as I need to add to my CAA OA Manual.  I am not sure we will get a confirmed answer from DJI, as we never did for the M2P.  I just used the Mavic Enterprise MTOM as they were basically the same.

I think its CAA you need to talk to, if you already know their rules they are not going to change by posting here. What happens here is you are going to get conflicting opinions and some right and wrong answers.
So look at it this way, dji don’t make the rules CAA EASA do and information from them will be correct or will give you the best information that is to hand at this time.
The truth is though, you can fly any drone under the rules for that drone “once you’ve done the proper license tests.
2021-11-28
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90259 ft
United Kingdom

I'm surprised that a lot of people don't seem to see how this MTOM issue works and how DJI are playing it.

It would appear that having talked to the CAA and EASA, DJI have come to the agreement that they'll be able to self certify as C1 (<900g MTOM) if they make the package only available within EASE and CAA controlled territories with accessories that don't take it over 900g. ND filters are fine because they replace the lens cover, W/A adapter is not OK because there is enough glass in it to take MTOM over 900g. All the other fun stuff available in other territories are not available due to the fact DJI want to be able to sell the Mavic 3 as Class C1 certified.

Now this won't stop a PfCO holder from buying 3rd party add-ons or grey importing DJI ones and flying with those, though I don't know how the "temporary" reclassification will work. You are basically modifying a C1 drone into a C2 unit, so as far as I know its a grey area.

I have to say I'm very happy that DJI are ticking all the boxes for the new drone so that it falls obviously into the C1 class and should be easily retro actively classified. DJI have been very open that they intend to do that for this model, which they are launching in a limbo period where there isn't really a fully sorted mechanism to sign it off.
2021-11-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Nicodema Posted at 11-28 04:41
I'm surprised that a lot of people don't seem to see how this MTOM issue works and how DJI are playing it.

It would appear that having talked to the CAA and EASA, DJI have come to the agreement that they'll be able to self certify as C1 (

I think its clear but confusing for some who are blinkered about this. Dji EASA and CAA are all on the same page here and its clear from what they say that they are all aware of what’s going on. Dji are probably the company that has been to the forefront of drone safety . I don’t believe its going to suddenly change and their customers are going to pay a hefty price for their greed.

Having attended two of these EASA drone meetings , its clear when your there that dji and EASA are working closely together. But the next move is down to EASA and nothing can be done until they are ready to push forward, we’ve already had 3 cancellations and its still not clear that the next date will happen.
Some common sense needs to apply here and not the usual hysteria we continually read.
2021-11-28
Use props
BrianBracher
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4204829 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 11-28 03:30
I think its CAA you need to talk to, if you already know their rules they are not going to change by posting here. What happens here is you are going to get conflicting opinions and some right and wrong answers.
So look at it this way, dji don’t make the rules CAA EASA do and information from them will be correct or will give you the best information that is to hand at this time.
The truth is though, you can fly any drone under the rules for that drone “once you’ve done the proper license tests.

I appreciate that you don’t get this as it is a requirement under professional operations manual. It doesn’t affect amateur flyers.
If I have a incident with a drone, I will have to submit a report to the CAA. A amateur doesn’t.
If I have a anything attached to the drone, say a light fo night flying, I should know what the maximum take off weight is, i,e, how much weight the drone can carry, an amateur  flyer doesn’t.
I appreciate that is does seem stupid that after having passed a week CAA approved course, had their flying assessed, and annually renew their authorisation, at a significant cost, has to jump through more hoops than an amateur who buys one of these and goes our without any real experience, but there we go!
2021-12-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

BrianBracher Posted at 12-10 05:48
I appreciate that you don’t get this as it is a requirement under professional operations manual. It doesn’t affect amateur flyers.
If I have a incident with a drone, I will have to submit a report to the CAA. A amateur doesn’t.
If I have a anything attached to the drone, say a light fo night flying, I should know what the maximum take off weight is, i,e, how much weight the drone can carry, an amateur  flyer doesn’t.

I think if you now check this out with both CAA and EASA there will be provisions for this. Yes if you take off with above the weight then that could be a problem, but having attended some EASA meetings there was discussion on whether tings like ND filters putting drones over the weight and these may well be treated in similar fashion to buffer zones we have for speeding, IE 20g over weight will not be penalized. IE its a well known fact that speed limits allow approx 10% buffer zone and while its not written into the Law its a given for those who apply the Law.
2021-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules