Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI RC Pro compatibility
1234Next >
10594 125 2021-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Red Zeppelin
Captain
Flight distance : 11550827 ft
United Kingdom

diamondmine Posted at 12-16 10:10
Hi, I purchased my combo direct through DJI website as the listed combo (smart controller) would be supplied with RC Pro as informed by DJI. Sure enough it did and was UK stocked too as it arrived within 2 days. Strange how we are being told differently by the same company. You could always take a plunge & buy direct and return if it arrives with SC & not RC Pro. If you do you will see on the box that the picture of the controller is RC Pro & will also have label on side listing RM510 so you don't have to open to find out. Good Luck in whatever you choose. Also it is correct that the RC Pro standalone is not yet compatible as firmware versions are different.

Hi. I've just spoken to DJI 'support', who were no help whatsoever when trying to confirm if the Air 2S would come with the RC Pro if I ordered from them here in the UK. Can I ask when you ordered yours please?

Also, I've seen YT videos where people have bough standalone RC Pro's, updated the firmware, and then flew their existing Air 2S models, so I'm not sure why DJI are saying the standalone RC Pro won't work with existing models.

Pretty frustrating that the information is so confused
2021-12-21
Use props
Red Zeppelin
Captain
United Kingdom

diamondmine Posted at 12-10 04:21
Just taken delivery of fly more combo with smart controller £1559.00 & yes it is replaced with RC Pro. Very Happy.

Can I ask where you ordered it from please? Was it direct from DJI or another retailer?

Cheers
2021-12-21
Use props
diamondmine
lvl.4
Flight distance : 500449 ft
United Kingdom

Red Zeppelin Posted at 12-21 05:07
Can I ask where you ordered it from please? Was it direct from DJI or another retailer?

Cheers

Hi,
Direct from DJI website.
2021-12-21
Use props
diamondmine
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Red Zeppelin Posted at 12-21 05:00
Hi. I've just spoken to DJI 'support', who were no help whatsoever when trying to confirm if the Air 2S would come with the RC Pro if I ordered from them here in the UK. Can I ask when you ordered yours please?

Also, I've seen YT videos where people have bough standalone RC Pro's, updated the firmware, and then flew their existing Air 2S models, so I'm not sure why DJI are saying the standalone RC Pro won't work with existing models.

Hi,
Ordered mine direct from DJI website after they confirmed to me that it would arrive with RC Pro.
2021-12-21
Use props
Red Zeppelin
Captain
United Kingdom

diamondmine Posted at 12-21 06:28
Hi,
Ordered mine direct from DJI website after they confirmed to me that it would arrive with RC Pro.

Thanks for confirming. Really frustrating that, as I told the guy on chat that my decision to buy would depend on the RC Pro being bundled with it, but he still refused to confirm if it would or wouldn't - just said he couldn't be sure.

As you say, I could just take a chance and send it back if not, but it would be helpful if they'd confirm it. I guess that given the shortage of the older smart controller, there's a good chance that if you were sent an RC Pro version just a few days ago, the stock they have now might still include it.

Decisions, decisions.....
2021-12-21
Use props
Eoin 2021
lvl.3
Flight distance : 101870 ft
Ireland

dr6583 Posted at 12-17 20:49
I think I may have just figured it out.  The only A2S compatible RC Pro currently only comes in that specific FMC.  Claims from DJI now indicate there is hardware to consider to make the RC Pro A2S compatible.

Seems to not make sense.  But what if something in the *hardware* of the A2S in that specific FMC is what makes it able to work with the *hardware* in the RC Pro?  So, what could be different?  I know the A2S uses O3, but that's just for the video feed.  The telemetry uses O2.  But the RC Pro, being all O3 (correct me if I'm wrong please) just might require a hardware change to the drone.  In that scenario, current A2S owners may never see a stand-alone compatible RC Pro, and the reason why you can only get one now with that specific FMC, because DJI has a bunch of these "modified" A2Ss just for this purpose!  If we can't give 'em the controller, give 'em a steal of a deal on a FMC!  Just a theory...

I was having considerable difficulty in October with my SC and during one DJI Customer Support conversation I asked is the new SC released with M3 compatible with my Air2s. The answer then was a flat nope and also I asked is the new SC O3 or like mine O2 transmission. Answer was new SC operates O2.

So a question here guy's has there been a hardware alteration/upgrade in the new SC to operate on O3??
2021-12-21
Use props
Eoin 2021
lvl.3
Ireland

Pity so much confusion so it appears that at the time when the DJI Customer Support chap replied to me the Air2s wasn't compatible but reading here it now is, Which is great news.

But can anyone confirm if the new SC operates O3
2021-12-21
Use props
Eoin 2021
lvl.3
Ireland

Yup it does Just looked up the specs.... sorry... should have done that before typing my last post

2021-12-21
Use props
diamondmine
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Red Zeppelin Posted at 12-21 06:43
Thanks for confirming. Really frustrating that, as I told the guy on chat that my decision to buy would depend on the RC Pro being bundled with it, but he still refused to confirm if it would or wouldn't - just said he couldn't be sure.

As you say, I could just take a chance and send it back if not, but it would be helpful if they'd confirm it. I guess that given the shortage of the older smart controller, there's a good chance that if you were sent an RC Pro version just a few days ago, the stock they have now might still include it.

From what I was informed by DJI was that the SC was no longer available which is why RC Pro was now included in this combo and now confirmed that it is compatible don't see them putting SC back into production. Easy to return if purchased from DJI and worth it if you can afford as the price might increase when they do finally advertise & sell with RC Pro (probably when sales target is reached on Mavic 3 RC Pro combo & standalone RC Pro).
2021-12-21
Use props
Red Zeppelin
Captain
United Kingdom

diamondmine Posted at 12-21 10:31
From what I was informed by DJI was that the SC was no longer available which is why RC Pro was now included in this combo and now confirmed that it is compatible don't see them putting SC back into production. Easy to return if purchased from DJI and worth it if you can afford as the price might increase when they do finally advertise & sell with RC Pro (probably when sales target is reached on Mavic 3 RC Pro combo & standalone RC Pro).

Thanks again for the information. In two minds as to whether order it and hope for the best, or get the RC Pro standalone from Amazon. I'd definitely utilise a second Air 2S in my setup and the extra batteries are always welcome, plus I could probably sell most of the accessories as I already have them.

You may have just cost me an extra £700 initially, but it'll hopefully be more than worth it
2021-12-21
Use props
sduck
First Officer
Flight distance : 295279 ft
United States

Just ordered one. Just the RC Pro, not part of a package. I guess I'll be a guinea pig about whether or not it'll work with the 2S in light of DJI's lack of information on this.

Bought it from B&H, so there will be a wait as it's not in stock yet. Adorama is showing immediate availability, but I prefer B&H for stuff like this.
2021-12-21
Use props
Eoin 2021
lvl.3
Ireland

sduck Posted at 12-21 16:23
Just ordered one. Just the RC Pro, not part of a package. I guess I'll be a guinea pig about whether or not it'll work with the 2S in light of DJI's lack of information on this.

Bought it from B&H, so there will be a wait as it's not in stock yet. Adorama is showing immediate availability, but I prefer B&H for stuff like this.

Fingers and Toes crossed it will work, would love to get one too for my Air2s. Was nearly fit to bin my SC a few times in frustration over the past two months

2021-12-21
Use props
Dong ZeYuan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 57060 ft
United States

i think yes
2021-12-21
Use props
djiuser_R4w1FUS6gYft
lvl.1
Flight distance : 72096 ft

Just received my air2s combo with the RC Pro. It actually is even more confusing since i was not able to pair/sync the RC Pro to my mavic 3. Support confirmed when checking my serials that it wont work due to firmware limitations. It was mentioned That they are working on it but no timeframe was given.

This is weird and confusing, why would you have the standalone RC Pro now working with the air2s but the bundle controller not working with the mavic 3 for which it was built for?!
2021-12-23
Use props
Mobilehomer
Captain
Flight distance : 9079449 ft
United States

The only RC Pro that currently works with the 2S is the bundled one. Confirmed many time here in the forum, by DJI and many attempts posted on Youtube.
2021-12-23
Use props
fans61132065
lvl.1

United States

DJI need to explain theirselves ASAP. Right now it’s advertised as “RC Pro” with no disclaimer that it is locked with the drone specifically which would be not okay…
2021-12-23
Use props
diamondmine
lvl.4
United Kingdom

fans61132065 Posted at 12-23 09:37
DJI need to explain theirselves ASAP. Right now it’s advertised as “RC Pro” with no disclaimer that it is locked with the drone specifically which would be not okay…

Hi,
The RC Pro is advertised as only compatible with Mavic 3. The Pro in the AIR 2S combo is the same controller but different firmware currently installed and that will only work with AIR 2S. These firmware installs will change I believe, so they will become cross compatible but only when DJI decide the timing is right (or sales targets reached).
2021-12-23
Use props
fans61132065
lvl.1

United States

diamondmine Posted at 12-23 10:47
Hi,
The RC Pro is advertised as only compatible with Mavic 3. The Pro in the AIR 2S combo is the same controller but different firmware currently installed and that will only work with AIR 2S. These firmware installs will change I believe, so they will become cross compatible but only when DJI decide the timing is right (or sales targets reached).

That doesn’t make it right though. We know that through looking at forum posts but they’re selling it as the “RC Pro” not the “RC Pro but only compatible with air 2s right now”
2021-12-23
Use props
Mobilehomer
Captain
United States

fans61132065 Posted at 12-23 09:37

DJI HAS explained the situation. Due to supply problems, they have temporarily substituted the RC Pro for the SC.
2021-12-23
Use props
fans61132065
lvl.1

United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 12-23 11:25
DJI HAS explained the situation. Due to supply problems, they have temporarily substituted the RC Pro for the SC.

Yes but my point is the RC Pro you can buy from the store is compatible with mavic 3. Lots of people will buy the bundle that maybe wouldn’t before because of the change. It’s just false advertising. You’re not buying the bundle with RC Pro controller like it says. It’s not like you’re buying a battery that has the same dimensions or specs but isn’t able to be swapped, it would be like getting a bundle with an SD card but for some reason the SD card is locked to a model and it doesn’t say it anywhere
2021-12-23
Use props
fans61132065
lvl.1

United States

diamondmine Posted at 12-23 10:47
Hi,

I just wish they’d just say it’s going to be cross compatible. Like why do they have to leave us all in the dark over everything, what does it hurt to be at least a little open?
2021-12-23
Use props
Eoin 2021
lvl.3
Ireland

If DJI is reading or listening will they give us Air2s Smart Controller combo customers a credit for money already spent on our intermittently faulty SC for the RC Pro?????????
2021-12-23
Use props
Dillinja
lvl.1

Eoin 2021 Posted at 12-23 12:29
If DJI is reading or listening will they give us Air2s Smart Controller combo customers a credit for money already spent on our intermittently faulty SC for the RC Pro?????????

Most likely not, i also got advised to return the unit or wait for a firmware update to get it compatible.

My guess is that they will hold on for the update until the bundle is discontinued and not longer available for purchase to keep people from buying the bundle to get the rc pro for a mavic 3 that way
2021-12-23
Use props
Red Zeppelin
Captain
United Kingdom

Thanks to everyone who's contributed in this thread for clarifying. I came close a number of times this week to buying the standalone RC Pro from Amazon here in the UK to use with my Air 2S after trying to wrap my head around all the conflicting information online.

Right now, it seems that if I want an RC Pro to use with an Air 2s, I have to buy a bundle that's advertised with the old SC and hope for the best rather than the standalone to use with the Air 2S I already own. And it then won't work with an M3 bundle if I decide to buy one......

It's all unnecessarily confusing from a brand I used to have a lot of respect for. Steep price rises and cynical locking of the RC Pro via firmware aren't endearing me to them as a once loyal customer.

DJI would go a long way by actually having a valid voice in their own forums, rather than the cut and paste mods that essentially tell us nothing when we ask questions.

Losing patience
2021-12-23
Use props
sduck
First Officer
Flight distance : 295279 ft
United States

There's another similar thread over in the Smart Controller forum here. Someone was able to determine that the difference between the standalone version of the RC Pro and the bundled version isn't anything in the hardware - it's all the same - but rather the firmware that runs on it. Posted the version numbers of the firmwares for each. So the current issue of compatibility or lack thereof is just about DJI deciding who gets what. Which is ridiculous.

As I mentioned earlier, I've bought one of the standalone RC Pro controllers from B&H, which is on hold while they wait for stock to ship. B&H is great about returns, so if I can't get it to work with my 2S in a reasonable time I can easily return it. What makes this interesting is that B&H is advertising compatibility with the 2S on their product page.

"DJI would go a long way by actually having a valid voice in their own forums, rather than the cut and paste mods that essentially tell us nothing when we ask questions."
^this^, x700%. DJI, the most used language here is English - and the US is your biggest market - please hire someone or several people who have a much better command of the language. It's kind of embarrassing to see the misreads and mistypes on almost a daily basis.
2021-12-23
Use props
Dillinja
lvl.1

Red Zeppelin Posted at 12-23 13:00
Thanks to everyone who's contributed in this thread for clarifying. I came close a number of times this week to buying the standalone RC Pro from Amazon here in the UK to use with my Air 2S after trying to wrap my head around all the conflicting information online.

Right now, it seems that if I want an RC Pro to use with an Air 2s, I have to buy a bundle that's advertised with the old SC and hope for the best rather than the standalone to use with the Air 2S I already own. And it then won't work with an M3 bundle if I decide to buy one......

That is exactly my situation i bought the air 2s bundle with the rc pro and a mavic 3 fly more since i wanted a cheaper drone for aerial scanning and a highend photo video drone but didn’t need apple pro res with the cine bundle.

Now i have a mavic 3 with a subpar cheap controller and a air 2s with a software locked firmware rc pro. I actually have to take TWO controllers with me and have to use the CHEAP controller with my 3000 dollar mavic 3 drone.

Its totally bonkers
2021-12-23
Use props
Red Zeppelin
Captain
United Kingdom

Dillinja Posted at 12-23 14:31
That is exactly my situation i bought the air 2s bundle with the rc pro and a mavic 3 fly more since i wanted a cheaper drone for aerial scanning and a highend photo video drone but didn’t need apple pro res with the cine bundle.

Now i have a mavic 3 with a subpar cheap controller and a air 2s with a software locked firmware rc pro. I actually have to take TWO controllers with me and have to use the CHEAP controller with my 3000 dollar mavic 3 drone.

Your situation must be even more frustrating. I can't afford an M3 currently, but could stretch to an RC Pro which would be my preferred option rather than trying to find a decent tablet to awkwardly strap to the stock controller. The fact the RC Pro works on two DJI drones independently, but can't work on both as one unit is clearly ridiculous.

I honestly don't know how DJI have gone so wrong. After almost 3 years of regular upgrades starting with the Spark, and being both a happy and loyal customer, I now feel priced out of their new line of drones and route to the more professional results I was hoping to follow as a natural progression.

I'm more than happy with the Air 2S, but would upgrade to the RC Pro in a heartbeat if it was sensibly priced and not hamstrung behind unfathomable firmware prejudice.
2021-12-23
Use props
dr6583
First Officer
Flight distance : 490627 ft
United States

Eoin 2021 Posted at 12-23 12:29
If DJI is reading or listening will they give us Air2s Smart Controller combo customers a credit for money already spent on our intermittently faulty SC for the RC Pro?????????

My sentiments exactly!
2021-12-24
Use props
dr6583
First Officer
United States

fans61132065 Posted at 12-23 12:13
Yes but my point is the RC Pro you can buy from the store is compatible with mavic 3. Lots of people will buy the bundle that maybe wouldn’t before because of the change. It’s just false advertising. You’re not buying the bundle with RC Pro controller like it says. It’s not like you’re buying a battery that has the same dimensions or specs but isn’t able to be swapped, it would be like getting a bundle with an SD card but for some reason the SD card is locked to a model and it doesn’t say it anywhere

Indeed, since the A2S FMC with the RC pro says "compatible with the mavic 3," whilst it is not, then that is false advertising.  Edit--I just looked and that claim has magically dissapeared from the item description.
2021-12-25
Use props
dr6583
First Officer
United States

For those that have the RC Pro with the A2S, how is the range?  I hope it is much better than the limited range of the original SC.
2021-12-27
Use props
CentralCoasty
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47789 ft
United States

I've just purchased the RC PRO separately, and attempted to pair with my Air 2S. It's going back. I tried the normal routes to pair the two without success, and I've found no one who has claimed to have accomplished it that has shared the process. Frustrating, but my bad.
2021-12-28
Use props
Mobilehomer
Captain
United States

CentralCoasty Posted at 12-28 09:35
I've just purchased the RC PRO separately, and attempted to pair with my Air 2S. It's going back. I tried the normal routes to pair the two without success, and I've found no one who has claimed to have accomplished it that has shared the process. Frustrating, but my bad.

At the moment, the RC Pro will NOT pair with the M3. It WILL be supported in the future according to DJI. The firmware is different.
2021-12-28
Use props
djiuser_up89i957ANfw
lvl.1

Has anyone flown the air 2S with the RC Pro controller yet? AMAZING! I bought the combo from B&H and it came linked with the RCpro. I was amazed it was in the box! Box stated smart controller but sure enough it’s the RC Pro… it’s linked to the one it came with.
2021-12-28
Use props
Red Zeppelin
Captain
United Kingdom

Probably only relevant to UK readers here, but I contacted a number of UK dealers to ask if they could confirm which controller was bundled with the Air 2S Combo's they were selling as coming with the Smart Controller.

Only one bothered to reply - Clifton Cameras - and they said all three of the combo's they had in stock were with the original Smart Controller. Good to have it confirmed, but doesn't help the confusion given that some UK buyers are saying they're receiving the RC Pro in the same combo.

I officially give up and will wait for the standalone RC Pro to be officially confirmed as Air 2S compatible
2021-12-29
Use props
Mobilehomer
Captain
United States

I received my Air 2S FMC with Smart controller this morning. YES!!! It came with the RC Pro!! And it works GREAT!! It will take a little while to get used to it coming from a Mini 2. But, so far it is GREAT!!!
2021-12-29
Use props
fans006afdc0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1504692 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I sure hope so because I just ordered it from DJI.    Very confusing information on this.   
2021-12-30
Use props
MHM
Second Officer

United States

Crickets from DJI …….
1-2 14:05
Use props
jmgolio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 201378 ft

Well . . . I have wanted and intended to buy an Air 2S for Christmas since back in October.  I assumed it would be available with the RC Pro by then.  But all this confusion has made me postpone.  While I am happy for those of you who have received an Air 2s with the RC controller, it is still not clear to me what DJI is going to do long term.  And if they do not make this combo "official" and make a formal commitment to support it,  I don't want to end up with a product that gets zero priority from DJI.  I can envision a nightmare scenario where every update causes problems with this orphan pairing.      In fact, based on the discussions here, it is not clear what exactly people who are getting this combo are actually getting.  Is this really a standard RC Controller and standard Air 2s?  Or has DJI created a temporary version of both that will not be the same as the standard products in the future?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Like I said, I am ready to buy a real Air 2s with RC controller combo, but it isn't clear to me that DJI is really ready to committ.  Why are they being coy about this pairing and what they are going to do in the future?  Without some sort of official word from DJI, I'm not comfortable buying.  I notice the link provided to the DJI Air2s/RC controller combo that was provided in this thread does not actually state that the controller is the RC controller.  So they are selling it but not even admitting they are selling it.  That sounds like buying one that fell off the back of a truck.
1-2 16:22
Use props
MHM
Second Officer

United States

B&H has started shipping the RC Pro Remote Controller last week.
I placed an order last month with a delivery date of 1-3-22
Will follow up to let you know if the controller binds to my Air 2S and M2P Zoom.

DJI CP.MA.00000406.02 over view:

As per B&H

Note: Please note that the RC Pro will soon also be compatible with the DJI air 2S in upcoming firmware update.

Designed for use with

DJI AIR 2S
DJI MAVIC AIR 2
DJI MAVIC AIR 2S
DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise
DJI Mavic 2 Pro
DJI Mavic 3
image.jpg
image.jpg
1-2 17:29
Use props
Mobilehomer
Captain
United States

jmgolio Posted at 1-2 16:22
Well . . . I have wanted and intended to buy an Air 2S for Christmas since back in October.  I assumed it would be available with the RC Pro by then.  But all this confusion has made me postpone.  While I am happy for those of you who have received an Air 2s with the RC controller, it is still not clear to me what DJI is going to do long term.  And if they do not make this combo "official" and make a formal commitment to support it,  I don't want to end up with a product that gets zero priority from DJI.  I can envision a nightmare scenario where every update causes problems with this orphan pairing.      In fact, based on the discussions here, it is not clear what exactly people who are getting this combo are actually getting.  Is this really a standard RC Controller and standard Air 2s?  Or has DJI created a temporary version of both that will not be the same as the standard products in the future?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Like I said, I am ready to buy a real Air 2s with RC controller combo, but it isn't clear to me that DJI is really ready to committ.  Why are they being coy about this pairing and what they are going to do in the future?  Without some sort of official word from DJI, I'm not comfortable buying.  I notice the link provided to the DJI Air2s/RC controller combo that was provided in this thread does not actually state that the controller is the RC controller.  So they are selling it but not even admitting they are selling it.  That sounds like buying one that fell off the back of a truck.

Don't be confused. DJI has stated more than once that the Air 2S RC Pro WILL be updated to work with other drones. I received my FMC / RC Pro kit from Amazon last week. It IS GREAT!!! Don't wait.
1-2 17:37
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules