Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI RC Pro compatibility
1234Next >
10565 125 2021-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MHM
Second Officer

United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 1-2 17:37
Don't be confused. DJI has stated more than once that the Air 2S RC Pro WILL be updated to work with other drones. I received my FMC / RC Pro kit from Amazon last week. It IS GREAT!!! Don't wait.

What do you mean by FMC ?
1-2 17:40
Use props
Mobilehomer
Captain
Flight distance : 9079449 ft
United States

Fly More Combo
1-2 17:51
Use props
S550 GT
lvl.3
Flight distance : 119469 ft
United States

Red Zeppelin Posted at 2021-12-21 05:00
Hi. I've just spoken to DJI 'support', who were no help whatsoever when trying to confirm if the Air 2S would come with the RC Pro if I ordered from them here in the UK. Can I ask when you ordered yours please?

Also, I've seen YT videos where people have bough standalone RC Pro's, updated the firmware, and then flew their existing Air 2S models, so I'm not sure why DJI are saying the standalone RC Pro won't work with existing models.

Maybe because they are still selling the Air 2s with the old SC and that works like crap
1-2 20:46
Use props
fans006afdc0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1504692 ft
  • >>>
Canada

There’s got to be a work around this if the firmware is already out and sold with the air 2s combo, I would think someone would be able to down load that firmware and load it on a rc pro controller sold for the mavic 3.   Seems like a good hack & probably easy for most IT enthusiast.   
1-3 11:31
Use props
jmgolio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 201378 ft

Don't be confused. DJI has stated more than once that the Air 2S RC Pro WILL be updated to work with other drones. I received my FMC / RC Pro kit from Amazon last week. It IS GREAT!!! Don't wait.

Can you provide a link to the DJI statement that promises the Air 2s/RC controller combo I can buy today will be supported fully in the future?  That's what I am looking for.
1-3 14:43
Use props
lennybabin
lvl.2
Canada

Live My Journey Posted at 2021-11-10 02:15
Especially when you consider that a2s that has O3 is sold with a controller that now DJI claims is only Occusync 2.0 compatible and that original Smart Controller doesn't work well with the a2s according to great many users. This is just atrocious. On the other hand the new controller would set you back more then a2s so that itself makes it pointless for many people.

Interesting. Then can the smart controller be firmwared up to O3?  I suppose that would defeat the purpose of developing the Pro.
1-3 15:49
Use props
The Saint
Captain
Flight distance : 3081867 ft
  • >>>
United States

if i had a m3 rcpro there's no way i would try to hack it to work with the ma2 at risk of breaking it from working with the m3 effectively.
1-3 17:07
Use props
Mobilehomer
Captain
United States

lennybabin Posted at 1-3 15:49
Interesting. Then can the smart controller be firmwared up to O3?  I suppose that would defeat the purpose of developing the Pro.

No, it is hardware not software.
1-3 18:27
Use props
djiuser_vfJUTB4vwfYl
lvl.1
Italy

Don't be confused. DJI has stated more than once that the Air 2S RC Pro WILL be updated to work with other drones. I received my FMC / RC Pro kit from Amazon last week. It IS GREAT!!! Don't wait.

please ask politely what should I do with my rc pro purchased on amazon appearance or Rstituisco?thanks to cho will give me advice
1-4 10:52
Use props
Mobilehomer
Captain
United States

djiuser_vfJUTB4vwfYl Posted at 1-4 10:52
please ask politely what should I do with my rc pro purchased on amazon appearance or Rstituisco?thanks to cho will give me advice

I have read several posts where it will be updated to work with other drones. You can either return it within the Amazon time frame or keep it and wait. I would probably return it and reorder when it can be updated.
1-4 11:50
Use props
djiuser_vfJUTB4vwfYl
lvl.1
Italy

DAFlys Posted at 2021-11-6 01:16
DJI Said other drones will be added in time but not which ones or when.

Thank you all
1-4 12:13
Use props
djiuser_vfJUTB4vwfYl
lvl.1
Italy

Mobilehomer Posted at 1-4 11:50
I have read several posts where it will be updated to work with other drones. You can either return it within the Amazon time frame or keep it and wait. I would probably return it and reorder when it can be updated.

Thank you all
1-4 12:23
Use props
djiuser_vfJUTB4vwfYl
lvl.1
Italy

Mobilehomer Posted at 1-4 11:50

return it but if then increases in price?excuse me if I insist
1-4 12:25
Use props
djiuser_CdiwJ6CxlZkw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3 ft
Brazil

I really need help...I purchase a mavic 3 combo and a new smart controller pro seperate and from diferent stores.  I cannot connect rc pro to drone.  I suspect they sold me a mavic air 2s RC PRO because I was instructed not to update it before connecting and the animation that appears on the connection screen is for air 2s and not mavic 3. I forgot the store orientation and updated before trying to connect.  I found the guidance suspicious but I really upgraded because the control tutorial guided me and I forgot they told me to click “not now” (update).
The animation that appears when trying to connect is the air 2s and not the mavic 3… Can someone tell me why?  I read the forum and I think they sold me an RC pro with firmware for the air 2s... I'm thinking about returning the RC as I don't know if it will ever work with my M3!!!
Grateful for the attention!

1-4 19:59
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 52404905 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_CdiwJ6CxlZkw Posted at 1-4 19:59
I really need help...I purchase a mavic 3 combo and a new smart controller pro seperate and from diferent stores.  I cannot connect rc pro to drone.  I suspect they sold me a mavic air 2s RC PRO because I was instructed not to update it before connecting and the animation that appears on the connection screen is for air 2s and not mavic 3. I forgot the store orientation and updated before trying to connect.  I found the guidance suspicious but I really upgraded because the control tutorial guided me and I forgot they told me to click “not now” (update).
The animation that appears when trying to connect is the air 2s and not the mavic 3… Can someone tell me why?  I read the forum and I think they sold me an RC pro with firmware for the air 2s... I'm thinking about returning the RC as I don't know if it will ever work with my M3!!!
Grateful for the attention!

You can check the version number to see which one you have,  if it starts 001 then its the Mavic 3 one.
1-5 00:04
Use props
Fpcasarin
lvl.1
Brazil

DAFlys Posted at 1-5 00:04
You can check the version number to see which one you have,  if it starts 001 then its the Mavic 3 one.

The RC PRO firmware is 03.00.0008. I think it's air 2s and not M3 compatible...
1-5 09:43
Use props
DJI_FLYING_CHIAPET04
lvl.1
Flight distance : 215650 ft
United States

I bought a air2s flymore combo with RC PRO AND IT WORKS
1-5 18:28
Use props
Fpcasarin
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI_FLYING_CHIAPET04 Posted at 1-5 18:28
I bought a air2s flymore combo with RC PRO AND IT WORKS

does it work with mavic 3 too?
1-5 20:21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
United Kingdom

Fpcasarin Posted at 1-5 09:43
The RC PRO firmware is 03.00.0008. I think it's air 2s and not M3 compatible...

03.xxxxx is the Air2s firmware not the mavic 3.
1-6 00:21
Use props
Fpcasarin
lvl.1
Brazil

DAFlys Posted at 1-6 00:21
03.xxxxx is the Air2s firmware not the mavic 3.

Official DJI support has confirmed that it is not compatible with the Mavic 3, as you said. However, DJI said it will become compatible in the first season of 2022. I hope it's true and it doesn't take longer... Thank you so much for your help and information!
1-13 15:12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
United Kingdom

Fpcasarin Posted at 1-13 15:12
Official DJI support has confirmed that it is not compatible with the Mavic 3, as you said. However, DJI said it will become compatible in the first season of 2022. I hope it's true and it doesn't take longer... Thank you so much for your help and information!

Where did you see that it would be made compatible,   all Ive seen is that the Standard alone RC Pro will get additional drone support but no word on which ones or when.
1-14 03:35
Use props
Red Zeppelin
Captain
Flight distance : 11550827 ft
United Kingdom

Came back here to catch up on the thread. Hard to believe the confusion is still being dragged out by DJI.

I gave up with the merry go round and got the Tripltek 8 instead. Fantastic device. Admittedly, not as streamlined of a setup as the RC Pro, but to me, the benefits far outweigh that and the near £250 price saving isn't to be sniffed at either.

I wanted to give you my money DJI, but you made it infuriatingly difficult.
1-14 10:10
Use props
SzymonN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1449997 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Pozdrawiam moich kolegów. Mam DJI Air 2S i właśnie zaktualizowałem oprogramowanie drona do wersji: 02.04.2120
DJ Fly 1.5.4
Czy mój dron połączy się teraz z nowym DJI RC Pro 01.00.04.00, który został podłączony tylko do DJI Mavic 3 dotychczas?
1-15 01:57
Use props
djiuser_xVW9Y4yFr2mr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 599849 ft
Austria

djiuser_Lmue8Lw6KNel Posted at 2021-12-16 06:22
I live in Germany, Thus the B&H Bundle cannot be delivered to Europe from America. I used the Chat, and the Email Service, using this link and message to ask DJI if this is indeed correct, and they told me if I order it from the store, I will NOT be getting a RC Pro, but the old Smart Controller. In a previous mail they told me that the RC Pro bought individualy will not be backwards compatable, and therefore I should not buy it. After asking what other options I have, they told me that they are Sorry that it is unfair, but Im out of Luck.

No good news, since I bought an individual RC PRO a few days ago (Jan. 11th) which I can't return, because it's from eBay. I'm sitting here in Austria and I'm shaking my head right now, that such a circumstance is even possible.
The Air2S is working with the RC Pro. Why can't they just simply provide the needed firmware/software/app updates??

Hopefully, things will turn out good. Ya'll keep your fingers crossed.
1-15 05:20
Use props
fansc9f36062
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Having seen RC Pro being shipped with certain bundles I ordered a seperate one only to find that not compatible with my Air2S....however before sending back I did query with DJI and it seems an update is coming!  
Screenshot_20220119-134450_Gmail.jpg
1-19 05:47
Use props
Mobilehomer
Captain
United States

fansc9f36062 Posted at 1-19 05:47
Having seen RC Pro being shipped with certain bundles I ordered a seperate one only to find that not compatible with my Air2S....however before sending back I did query with DJI and it seems an update is coming!

I asked support when the RC Pro included with the Air 2S FMC would be updated to work with other models.

Marcus replied in part - "We are regrettably sorry to tell you that we do not have information related to the subject yet. We only knew the update will be expected but no exact date was given or any time frame-related information about it."
1-19 06:51
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 8434554 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Mobilehomer Posted at 1-19 06:51
I asked support when the RC Pro included with the Air 2S FMC would be updated to work with other models.

Marcus replied in part - "We are regrettably sorry to tell you that we do not have information related to the subject yet. We only knew the update will be expected but no exact date was given or any time frame-related information about it."

That is a very standard reply. My guess is they will make it compatible When they sort out problems with Mavic 3. I don’t think it will be backward compatible ie Mini 2 or air1, but it will be forward compatible with M3 and most likely Mini3 and possibly Air3.
1-19 07:16
Use props
Mobilehomer
Captain
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-19 07:16
That is a very standard reply. My guess is they will make it compatible When they sort out problems with Mavic 3. I don’t think it will be backward compatible ie Mini 2 or air1, but it will be forward compatible with M3 and most likely Mini3 and possibly Air3.

Reading between the lines from all the DJI posts, I hope it will be backward compatible at least to the Air 2 and Mini 2.
1-19 08:03
Use props
ZeuS-FL
First Officer
Flight distance : 4795400 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is funny how DJI lie to us about OccuSync 3, 3+ OccuSync 2.0 bla bla.
The reality is that DJI from the beginning of OccuSync 2 has an internal chipset called LEADCORE that chipset runs all the programing of "OccuSync"
This changed with the DJI googles and the release of the DJI FPV when they released a new capable CHIP P1 that is very capable. Since the P1 chipset is an expensive chipset for DJI they release a new chipset S1 that is the same chipset inside the RC-N1 controller as well inside the Mavic Air 2, DJI Mini2 that is as powerful as P1 but does not handle video outputs like the P1 needed by FPV.

ALL the RC-N1 controllers are exactly the same. This is why when you pair to a DJI Mini2 then DJI Air2/2S or Mavic 3, the DJI Flyapp software automatically changes the RC-N1 firmware to make it compatible with OccuSync2, 03, or OC3+.

Don't be fooled with DJI claiming hardware changes. This is not true. Is the same S1 chipset inside with the exact same antennas? They change the output power of the controller via firmware update. The old smart controller can not keep up with the Air 2S 60FPS because is the old LEADCORE chipset. The new RC Pro looks like has the P1.

When DJI registers the drones to FCC they need to give specifications to be approved. This explains why they can not give the OC3 power output from the Mavic Air 2S to the Mavic Air 2 or DJI Mini 2. They could form the beginning but they can't change what they submitted for approval to FCC/CE.

I will love to see the actual chipset inside the Mavic 3 and DJI RC Pro but I have the feeling they have a P1 inside.

The DJI RC Pro's actual lack of compatibility can be explained as a marketing strategy since there are many old Smart Controllers still available in the market. If they release the RC Pro backward compatibility they will kill the old Smart Controller sales and this is not good for DJI. I am sure once all the old Smart Controllers available on the DJI resellers are gone, they will release the backward compatible firmware to boos the RC Pro controller sales.

1-19 09:47
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ZeuS-FL Posted at 1-19 09:47
The reality is that DJI from the beginning of OccuSync 2 has an internal chipset called LEADCORE that chipset runs all the programing of "OccuSync"
This changed with the DJI googles and the release of the DJI FPV when they released a new capable CHIP P1 that is very capable. Since the P1 chipset is an expensive chipset for DJI they release a new chipset S1 that is the same chipset inside the RC-N1 controller as well inside the Mavic Air 2, DJI Mini2 that is as powerful as P1 but does not handle video outputs like the P1 needed by FPV.

You cannot but smart controller from DJI , if you could they wouldn’t Be shipping with air2s.
1-19 10:06
Use props
ZeuS-FL
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-19 10:06
You cannot but smart controller from DJI , if you could they wouldn’t Be shipping with air2s.

Exactly. The fact that the support guy mentioned they need to upgrade hardware and will not be easy is BS. All is software, not hardware. Again all is marketing.
1-19 10:36
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ZeuS-FL Posted at 1-19 10:36
Exactly. The fact that the support guy mentioned they need to upgrade hardware and will not be easy is BS. All is software, not hardware. Again all is marketing.

I’m reading post 105, there is no mention of hardware it mentions Hardware. Smart controller is compatible with 6/7 DJI drones for a tech product its old and served a good purpose and for those still using it its a great product. DJI did make it compatible With Air2s but it had some serious issues and many complaints , so yes maybe they could make it compatible with Mavic3 , but if it was inferior in how it worked with this drone than RC Pro or even standard remote, then its just another headache for them. So I can see how they need a cut off, for me they just made a serious mistake in the very high price a 55% increase in price was very steep but if I have it for 5/6 future drones then no so bad.
1-19 10:47
Use props
ZeuS-FL
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I am talking about 16. Required hardware upgrade if is the old SC that has the LEADCORE chipset because the chipset can not keep up with the 1080/60FPS live feed. Is just too much for that chipset. The S1/P1 can handle it without a problem. Even with that, they make it compatible with the Air 2S and this is why many people are having issues with that combination. Still, they have transmission issues and are unable to promise what the box promise.

Casey (Support)
2021年11月17日 GMT+815:00
Dear Craig,

Thank you for your update.

We completely understood your feelings, and we understood your request for compatibility for the RC Pro and Air 2s. Please rest assured that we have feedback your request to our engineers to achieve it. Meanwhile, since the O3 image transmission system involves hardware upgrades and cannot be upgraded firmware only, with this, it will take a lot of time, so please extend your patience. Please stay tuned to DJI's official website, as we will update the latest news on the official website as soon as we receive it.

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write us and express your grievances on how our products and services do not meet up your expectations. I want you to know that your complaint and feedback will give us the chance to resolve the problem and assist us in making our services better.

Your understanding and cooperation will be highly appreciated!

Thanks for choosing DJI. Please wear a mask when going out, and keep your hands sanitized by washing and disinfecting them frequently. Stay Safe!
Best regards,
Casey
DJI Customer Support
YouTube: http://s.dji.com/DJI-Tutorials
1-19 10:52
Use props
TP-FPV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 801604 ft
United States

ZeuS-FL Posted at 1-19 09:47

I can't confirm what you state but I sure as heck believe it!
1-19 10:56
Use props
TP-FPV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 801604 ft
United States

ZeuS-FL Posted at 1-19 10:52
I am talking about 16. Required hardware upgrade if is the old SC that has the LEADCORE chipset because the chipset can not keep up with the 1080/60FPS live feed. Is just too much for that chipset. The S1/P1 can handle it without a problem. Even with that, they make it compatible with the Air 2S and this is why many people are having issues with that combination. Still, they have transmission issues and are unable to promise what the box promise.

Casey (Support)

Sounds like a bunch of BS from dji!
1-19 10:57
Use props
Mobilehomer
Captain
United States

jmgolio Posted at 1-3 14:43
Can you provide a link to the DJI statement that promises the Air 2s/RC controller combo I can buy today will be supported fully in the future?  That's what I am looking for.

Just received this answer e-mail this morning.
We are regrettably sorry to tell you that we do not have information related to the subject yet. We only knew the update will be expected but no exact date was given or any time frame-related information about it.
1-19 11:50
Use props
jmgolio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 201378 ft

Mobilehomer Posted at 1-19 11:50
Just received this answer e-mail this morning.
We are regrettably sorry to tell you that we do not have information related to the subject yet. We only knew the update will be expected but no exact date was given or any time frame-related information about it.

Thanks.  I delayed for weeks, but finally purchased a new Air 2S with RC controller fly more combo from B&H.  Just received it and have everything charged.  I have flown brief flights around home to make sure everything works as advertised.  Hope DJI updates the controller eventually so that it is identical to other RC controllers sold independently or with other drones.  But for now, I am still beaming about adding my new drone to my fleet (of 2).  Hope to get it out into the field for real use in a few days.
1-20 14:41
Use props
Fpcasarin
lvl.1
Brazil

DAFlys Posted at 1-14 03:35
Where did you see that it would be made compatible,   all Ive seen is that the Standard alone RC Pro will get additional drone support but no word on which ones or when.

Official DJI support informed me via email and chat that RC pro will be compatible with mavic 3 and air 2s at the same time soon. As for the other models, they did not inform when or which
1-20 16:32
Use props
Rrrick
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42162 ft

Fpcasarin Posted at 1-20 16:32
Official DJI support informed me via email and chat that RC pro will be compatible with mavic 3 and air 2s at the same time soon. As for the other models, they did not inform when or which

Yes, I am waiting too.  I purchased a stand alone RC Pro from B&H Photo, knowing that it only works with the Mavic 3 at present,  but I also received word from DJI that it will eventually also pair with the Air 2s that I already own.  So I am playing the waiting game lol
1-21 11:00
Use props
Rrrick
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42162 ft

Rrrick Posted at 1-21 11:00
Yes, I am waiting too.  I purchased a stand alone RC Pro from B&H Photo, knowing that it only works with the Mavic 3 at present,  but I also received word from DJI that it will eventually also pair with the Air 2s that I already own.  So I am playing the waiting game lol

Yay the new firmware update we’ve been waiting for is out, I downloaded it and installed it, and it syncs up with my Air 2s nicely.  I took it on a quick night flight to test it out, and everything worked great!  I’m so happy to be able to use the stand alone RC Pro that I bought from B&H with my Air 2s!  Yay
1-23 22:29
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules