13719 125 2021-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Live My Journey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178806 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Will the RC Pro be compatible with Air 2s at some point?
2021-11-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Said other drones will be added in time but not which ones or when.
2021-11-6
Use props
Live My Journey
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 11-6 01:16
DJI Said other drones will be added in time but not which ones or when.

Thanks buddy!
2021-11-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No probs.  
2021-11-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-6 01:16
DJI Said other drones will be added in time but not which ones or when.

Kind of like "checks in the mail".  Who know when or if that will even happen.
2021-11-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-6 04:44
Kind of like "checks in the mail".  Who know when or if that will even happen.

lol great analogy.
2021-11-6
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I expect it will for all drones that work with the existing SC. But will need time as each has to be Firmware upgraded individually.
2021-11-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI RC Pro is only compatible with the DJI Mavic 3. Kindly please subscribe to our official website for the latest news and updates. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2021-11-7
Use props
fans2daade54
lvl.2

United States

I really hope DJI makes the RC Pro compatible with the Air 2S asap because the original smart controller range is terrible with the 2S compared to the stock controller.
2021-11-8
Use props
SmetcH
lvl.1
Flight distance : 111184 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

It would be utterly disrespectful from DJI towards Air2S owners if RC PRO doesn't support our drone because Air 2S is the only DJI drone besides new Mavic 3 that has OcuSync 3.0 technology inside.
2021-11-10
Use props
Live My Journey
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SmetcH Posted at 11-10 01:57
It would be utterly disrespectful from DJI towards Air2S owners if RC PRO doesn't support our drone because Air 2S is the only DJI drone besides new Mavic 3 that has OcuSync 3.0 technology inside.

Especially when you consider that a2s that has O3 is sold with a controller that now DJI claims is only Occusync 2.0 compatible and that original Smart Controller doesn't work well with the a2s according to great many users. This is just atrocious. On the other hand the new controller would set you back more then a2s so that itself makes it pointless for many people.
2021-11-10
Use props
fans2daade54
lvl.2

United States

SmetcH Posted at 11-10 01:57
It would be utterly disrespectful from DJI towards Air2S owners if RC PRO doesn't support our drone because Air 2S is the only DJI drone besides new Mavic 3 that has OcuSync 3.0 technology inside.

exactly. Hopefully the A2S is the first drone they make compatible with the first updates.
2021-11-10
Use props
diamondmine
lvl.3
Flight distance : 500449 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,
This is the response i received today from DJI after stating that not all DJI owners can afford to purchase the M3 but for those who own the AIR 2S may be more than willing to purchase the RC Pro if it was compatible & should be. Can't understand why a hardware upgrade though as the AIR 2S is Occusync 3.

Casey (Support)
2021年11月17日 GMT+815:00
Dear Craig,

Thank you for your update.

We completely understood your feelings, and we understood your request for compatibility for the RC Pro and Air 2s. Please rest assured that we have feedback your request to our engineers to achieve it. Meanwhile, since the O3 image transmission system involves hardware upgrades and cannot be upgraded firmware only, with this, it will take a lot of time, so please extend your patience. Please stay tuned to DJI's official website, as we will update the latest news on the official website as soon as we receive it.

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write us and express your grievances on how our products and services do not meet up your expectations. I want you to know that your complaint and feedback will give us the chance to resolve the problem and assist us in making our services better.

Your understanding and cooperation will be highly appreciated!

Thanks for choosing DJI. Please wear a mask when going out, and keep your hands sanitized by washing and disinfecting them frequently. Stay Safe!
Best regards,
Casey
DJI Customer Support
YouTube: http://s.dji.com/DJI-Tutorials

2021-11-17
Use props
Live My Journey
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

diamondmine Posted at 11-17 10:46
Hi,
This is the response i received today from DJI after stating that not all DJI owners can afford to purchase the M3 but for those who own the AIR 2S may be more than willing to purchase the RC Pro if it was compatible & should be. Can't understand why a hardware upgrade though as the AIR 2S is Occusync 3.

The replay makes zero sense as air 2s is advertised to use O3. They are just hopeless
2021-11-17
Use props
diamondmine
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Live My Journey Posted at 11-17 10:49
The replay makes zero sense as air 2s is advertised to use O3. They are just hopeless

Exactly my point.
2021-11-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It will be utterly ridiculous if this remote is not compatible with Air2s
2021-11-17
Use props
diamondmine
lvl.3
United Kingdom

B&H photo & video are now selling the AIR 2S combo with the new RC Pro for $1749 DJI Air 2S Fly More Combo Drone with RC Pro CP.MA.00000369.02 (bhphotovideo.com) & there is also a YouTube video where someone has purchased from Beijing showing the AIR 2S flown with the RC Pro.
Contacted DJI support last night & they are denying & state that the RC Pro is ONLY compatible with Mavic 3. Someone is lying!!!
2021-12-6
Use props
RickyinCO
lvl.4
Flight distance : 568340 ft
  • >>>
United States

S550 GT Posted at 12-7 21:33
I saw the B&H ad, I can't Believe the combo is selling for $1749.00 that's the same price as the Air2s combo with the old smart controller.

A number of people have received the B&H 2S Fly More packages with the RC Pro and they have confirmed, indeed, that the controller shipped with the 2S is the new RC Pro controller and not the V1 of the smart controller. People have confirmed this over on the MavicPilots forum. I ended up ordering one as well as they just got stock a couple days ago,
2021-12-8
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2021-12-8
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

S550 GT Posted at 12-7 21:33
I saw the B&H ad, I can't Believe the combo is selling for $1749.00 that's the same price as the Air2s combo with the old smart controller.

This is going to aggravate a lot of customers including myself that purchased the RC Pro separately at the tune of $959USD.
2021-12-8
Use props
diamondmine
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hi, please see below.

Greetings from DJI Customer Support!

Hope that everything is going very well with you. We value your business with us and we thank you so much for showing your interest, support, and continued patronage to our company. We will be delighted to assist you in this matter and help you get to the bottom of the concern as quickly as possible.

With regard to your concern, due to a temporary change in our production process, the DJI Smart Controller in the DJI Air 2S Fly More Combo will not be available in the short term. To ensure your flight experience not to be affected, we have upgraded the Smart Controller in the DJI Air 2S Fly More Combo to the DJI RC Pro with the price unchanged. This is a temporary move and will end after the new production process starts. This package is now available to purchase on the DJI Official Online store through this link, https://store.dji.com/product/dji-air-2s?from=autocomplete&position=0&vid=105952.

2021-12-9
Use props
fans2daade54
lvl.2

United States

diamondmine Posted at 12-9 01:53
Hi, please see below.

EDIT: double posted, please see my reply below
2021-12-9
Use props
fans2daade54
lvl.2

United States

With regard to your concern, due to a temporary change in our production process, the DJI Smart Controller in the DJI Air 2S Fly More Combo will not be available in the short term. To ensure your flight experience not to be affected, we have upgraded the Smart Controller in the DJI Air 2S Fly More Combo to the DJI RC Pro with the price unchanged. This is a temporary move and will end after the new production process starts. This package is now available to purchase on the DJI Official Online store through this link, https://store.dji.com/product/dji-air-2s?from=autocomplete&position=0&vid=105952.

what do you mean a "temporary move" ? Will the Air 2S still be sold with the RC Pro bundle, except for a higher price? or would you go back to using the inferior original smart controller (with reduced range) for the 2S combo? Also, for those of us that already own the 2S, when can we expect to be able to use it with the RC Pro if we purchased that as a standalone order? You guys really need to make these two compatible. The original smart controller does not work very well with the 2S in my opinion.
You have already proven the RC Pro can easily integrate with 2S, so why not push the firmware update live so current Air 2S owners can upgrade to RC Pro?
2021-12-9
Use props
diamondmine
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Just taken delivery of fly more combo with smart controller £1559.00 & yes it is replaced with RC Pro. Very Happy.
2021-12-10
Use props
djiuser_wDvL1l5biAmo
New

United States

The RC Pro is now  compatible with Air2S
2021-12-15
Use props
djiuser_wDvL1l5biAmo
New

United States

The RC Pro is now  compatible with Air2S
2021-12-15
Use props
djiuser_Lmue8Lw6KNel
lvl.1

Germany

Hi, please see below.

I live in Germany, Thus the B&H Bundle cannot be delivered to Europe from America. I used the Chat, and the Email Service, using this link and message to ask DJI if this is indeed correct, and they told me if I order it from the store, I will NOT be getting a RC Pro, but the old Smart Controller. In a previous mail they told me that the RC Pro bought individualy will not be backwards compatable, and therefore I should not buy it. After asking what other options I have, they told me that they are Sorry that it is unfair, but Im out of Luck.
2021-12-16
Use props
diamondmine
lvl.3
United Kingdom

djiuser_Lmue8Lw6KNel Posted at 12-16 06:22
I live in Germany, Thus the B&H Bundle cannot be delivered to Europe from America. I used the Chat, and the Email Service, using this link and message to ask DJI if this is indeed correct, and they told me if I order it from the store, I will NOT be getting a RC Pro, but the old Smart Controller. In a previous mail they told me that the RC Pro bought individualy will not be backwards compatable, and therefore I should not buy it. After asking what other options I have, they told me that they are Sorry that it is unfair, but Im out of Luck.

Hi, I purchased my combo direct through DJI website as the listed combo (smart controller) would be supplied with RC Pro as informed by DJI. Sure enough it did and was UK stocked too as it arrived within 2 days. Strange how we are being told differently by the same company. You could always take a plunge & buy direct and return if it arrives with SC & not RC Pro. If you do you will see on the box that the picture of the controller is RC Pro & will also have label on side listing RM510 so you don't have to open to find out. Good Luck in whatever you choose. Also it is correct that the RC Pro standalone is not yet compatible as firmware versions are different.
2021-12-16
Use props
dr6583
Second Officer
Flight distance : 490627 ft
United States

fans2daade54 Posted at 12-9 14:02
what do you mean a "temporary move" ? Will the Air 2S still be sold with the RC Pro bundle, except for a higher price? or would you go back to using the inferior original smart controller (with reduced range) for the 2S combo? Also, for those of us that already own the 2S, when can we expect to be able to use it with the RC Pro if we purchased that as a standalone order? You guys really need to make these two compatible. The original smart controller does not work very well with the 2S in my opinion.
You have already proven the RC Pro can easily integrate with 2S, so why not push the firmware update live so current Air 2S owners can upgrade to RC Pro?

I think I may have just figured it out.  The only A2S compatible RC Pro currently only comes in that specific FMC.  Claims from DJI now indicate there is hardware to consider to make the RC Pro A2S compatible.

Seems to not make sense.  But what if something in the *hardware* of the A2S in that specific FMC is what makes it able to work with the *hardware* in the RC Pro?  So, what could be different?  I know the A2S uses O3, but that's just for the video feed.  The telemetry uses O2.  But the RC Pro, being all O3 (correct me if I'm wrong please) just might require a hardware change to the drone.  In that scenario, current A2S owners may never see a stand-alone compatible RC Pro, and the reason why you can only get one now with that specific FMC, because DJI has a bunch of these "modified" A2Ss just for this purpose!  If we can't give 'em the controller, give 'em a steal of a deal on a FMC!  Just a theory...
2021-12-17
Use props
diamondmine
lvl.3
United Kingdom

dr6583 Posted at 12-17 20:49
I think I may have just figured it out.  The only A2S compatible RC Pro currently only comes in that specific FMC.  Claims from DJI now indicate there is hardware to consider to make the RC Pro A2S compatible.

Seems to not make sense.  But what if something in the *hardware* of the A2S in that specific FMC is what makes it able to work with the *hardware* in the RC Pro?  So, what could be different?  I know the A2S uses O3, but that's just for the video feed.  The telemetry uses O2.  But the RC Pro, being all O3 (correct me if I'm wrong please) just might require a hardware change to the drone.  In that scenario, current A2S owners may never see a stand-alone compatible RC Pro, and the reason why you can only get one now with that specific FMC, because DJI has a bunch of these "modified" A2Ss just for this purpose!  If we can't give 'em the controller, give 'em a steal of a deal on a FMC!  Just a theory...

I have linked the RC Pro to my older AIR 2S so not a hardware change to drone.
2021-12-18
Use props
dr6583
Second Officer
Flight distance : 490627 ft
United States

diamondmine Posted at 12-18 22:47

Good to hear!  
2021-12-18
Use props
LEADNAV
lvl.2
United States

The one I just purchased from B&H as a package does...but I have a few questions with that on a thread I just put up.

My question is, since I ordered the B&H Fly more combo with the RC Pro controller sitting here and synced up, am I safe to run the suggested controller and drone updates popping up on my screen?

Or will this brick anything "hacked" together in this combo I received?

2021-12-19
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

Does anyone have a definitive answer on compatibility here? There are conflicting reports here in this thread and elsewhere. All I (and presumably others) want to know is how well this device works with out existing Air 2S - any problems?
2021-12-19
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
Flight distance : 663304 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Let’s hope soon!
2021-12-20
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

diamondmine Posted at 12-18 22:47

Does it work fine?
2021-12-20
Use props
Eoin 2021
lvl.2
Flight distance : 101870 ft
Ireland

Again its a pity there's such confusion and conflicting reports both here and other threads and ALSO conflicting answers form DJI (DJI you don't do yourselves any favours ).

Those of you  who have paired the new RC Pro with the Air2s how is it fairing out?
2021-12-20
Use props
diamondmine
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Mini-G Posted at 12-20 05:12
Does it work fine?

Not yet had chance to test due to work & weather but will keep you updated.
2021-12-20
Use props
diamondmine
lvl.3
United Kingdom

This is 1 review of it being tested.
2021-12-20
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

diamondmine Posted at 12-20 11:03
This is 1 review of it being tested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9qSy1eNSm8

Yes, I saw this and it confirms it works.
It’s just a shame he didn’t go through the whole pairing process.
2021-12-20
Use props
Red Zeppelin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18286946 ft
United Kingdom

diamondmine Posted at 12-16 10:10
Hi, I purchased my combo direct through DJI website as the listed combo (smart controller) would be supplied with RC Pro as informed by DJI. Sure enough it did and was UK stocked too as it arrived within 2 days. Strange how we are being told differently by the same company. You could always take a plunge & buy direct and return if it arrives with SC & not RC Pro. If you do you will see on the box that the picture of the controller is RC Pro & will also have label on side listing RM510 so you don't have to open to find out. Good Luck in whatever you choose. Also it is correct that the RC Pro standalone is not yet compatible as firmware versions are different.

Hi. I've just spoken to DJI 'support', who were no help whatsoever when trying to confirm if the Air 2S would come with the RC Pro if I ordered from them here in the UK. Can I ask when you ordered yours please?

Also, I've seen YT videos where people have bough standalone RC Pro's, updated the firmware, and then flew their existing Air 2S models, so I'm not sure why DJI are saying the standalone RC Pro won't work with existing models.

Pretty frustrating that the information is so confused
2021-12-21
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules