DJI Ronin RS2 and Sony A6600
1551 1 2021-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sparkorc
New

United Kingdom

Just purchased the Ronin RS2 Combo but found setting it up is a nightmare,  getting it to connect properly with the Sony A6600 and work, I have the latest DJI Ronin App installed on my android Samsung S7 Edge, also have installed it on my ios mini 4 ipad just to change the frequency from 5 GHz to 2.4 GHz WiFi, and now the Samsung S7 edge connects to the RavenEye WiFi.

After watching countless youtube videos regarding Ronin RS2 and Sony camera' setup problems, it seems the problem is the RavenEye connection is problematic, I can connect the RavenEye WiFi and the blue light changes to green, and I get the camera view on the mobile with active track features working from mobile, joystick works works on mobile & the gimbal.

Now the problem you cant start/stop record on mobile or gimbal, also RS2 function wheel does nothing, when I have checked the settings on the Ronin app it shows RavenEye firmware N/A which is strange as it was updated to the lastest version, also the checklist  shows the camera control cable is highlighted ! icon in orange.

As this is problematic fault with the connection 9 times out of 10 the problem exists, and very occassionally  everthing works and is connected properly, and on checking settings  the raveneye firmware is now displayed correctly  and is the latest version, instead of shown as N/A, also N/A's are no longer displayed below the icons for the zebra, colour,focus,luts.etc

The only way I have stumble across via trial and error to get the gimbal to work with stop/start record working, and function wheel working every time, is once everything is turned on and connected, just briefly turn the camera off and turn back on again, sometimes the ronin app will ask to connect to the raveneye wifi, sometimes it just connects without asking,  and everytime I have done this it works.

Whilst I have found a workaround does anyone know is this normal for the Ronin RS2 and Sony A6600, or they have found a way without turning the camera off and on, also is there anyway of keep the camera dispay screen from going black as soon as you press the record button, whilst I can see the live camera image on the mobile screen I was hoping just to use the camera screen to see the live recorded image.

2021-11-6
Use props
djiuser_4z7sm2FFUSts
New
United States

I just bought the same setup but with a RS2 Pro,, same camera. Have you figured it out or had any other issues?
2022-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules