[RESOLVED] I cannot find my flight logs...
605 3 2021-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

EDIT: Resolved, see 2nd post;

Hi folks, as the title says, I cannot find my flight logs, the flights are recorded in my DJI profile with a cached image or 4.I have searched pretty much every folder DJI related, can anyone help, please?

Here's a wee video showing that they are not in the places we would expect, I am at a loss...

Usual Trolls, need not apply, thank you...

2021-11-6
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It looks like they cannot be viewed from the phone itself anymore, not sure since when, the Android/data folder is showing as empty when viewed from the phone, but when i plug it into the laptop, all the files are showing no problem, at a loss, need to find a file manager for the phone that will show them all, if there is one....

This is informative

It all comes down to which user/group owns which folder/files. I believe file copy and move restrictions are tighter in Android 11, intentionally so, especially where "sensitive" folders inside the "Android" folder, such as "data" and "obb", are involved These locations are where most user-installed apps store information, anyway.

If you install an app like termux and use it with temporary super user rights you'll notice that folders inside your storage's "Android" folder belong to "root" and a group called "sdcard_rw", at least in my case. Usually, you can take a peek at what's inside the folders but you can't write into them, not unless you have root privileges. Since I needed to copy some files to the "data" folder I just used termux and sudo-ed the hell past those restrictions. You may be tempted to simply add your normal user to the "sdcard_rw" group but I strongly advise against it. Incase you accidentally install malware in your phone it might steal data or wreck havoc using your newly acquired group privileges.
2021-11-6
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have not checked mine yet but that sounds familiar. Security updates usually lock you out of places. I bet the aftermarket file managers do not have that problem. I use one or two and have never had a problem.
On my Android ASUS tablets, I cannot access those files remotely unless I reboot the tablet first,

2021-11-6
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GaryDoug Posted at 11-6 21:21
I have not checked mine yet but that sounds familiar. Security updates usually lock you out of places. I bet the aftermarket file managers do not have that problem. I use one or two and have never had a problem.
On my Android ASUS tablets, I cannot access those files remotely unless I reboot the tablet first,

Yeah, they can be accessed by some 3rd party managers, but cannot copied etc
2021-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules