Joy stick calibration
463 8 2021-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Forever droning
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23848 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all. I am trying to modify my mavic mini controller using 2 joysticks from a conventional RC transmitter. I have an android tablet that will not run dji fly. Is there any way to calibrate the joysticks using another app or PC software. Thank you for reading this.
20211025_154143.jpg
2021-11-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, we need to have the DJI Fly app up and running on your mobile device for us to run the RC calibration. Just a friendly reminder, we cannot guarantee that this RC setup will work properly since we do not recommend DYI repairs. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2021-11-7
Use props
Forever droning
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-7 03:31
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, we need to have the DJI Fly app up and running on your mobile device for us to run the RC calibration. Just a friendly reminder, we cannot guarantee that this RC setup will work properly since we do not recommend DYI repairs. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thank you for your reply. It is a shame that I cannot calibrate my controller. I will have to borrow a phone or something. Thank you for your warning I am aware that this can be a risky thing to do But have been building electronic items for a great many years. Thank again ....
2021-11-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Forever droning Posted at 11-7 03:35
Thank you for your reply. It is a shame that I cannot calibrate my controller. I will have to borrow a phone or something. Thank you for your warning I am aware that this can be a risky thing to do But have been building electronic items for a great many years. Thank again ....

You are most welcome and we really appreciate your understanding. Happy flying always!
2021-11-8
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

Looks interesting. What are you trying to build out of this?
2021-11-26
Use props
Forever droning
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Guorium Posted at 11-26 14:52
Looks interesting. What are you trying to build out of this?

Well long story as short as can be. basically just wanted to use my android tablet with my mini. I couldn't find a decent way to physically connect it to the controller. So the adventure started with a simple board onto which the tablet was fixed and the controller clipped on. This worked but it wasn't easy to reach the joysticks . So much messing about with soldering irons and hot glue guns later I have come up with the frankencontroller. Its not finished yet there is still more I can and will do to it .
2021-11-26
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Australia

Forever droning Posted at 11-26 23:58
Well long story as short as can be. basically just wanted to use my android tablet with my mini. I couldn't find a decent way to physically connect it to the controller. So the adventure started with a simple board onto which the tablet was fixed and the controller clipped on. This worked but it wasn't easy to reach the joysticks . So much messing about with soldering irons and hot glue guns later I have come up with the frankencontroller. Its not finished yet there is still more I can and will do to it .[view_image]

Ok thanks. Have you considered buying one of these?
2021-11-27
Use props
Forever droning
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Guorium Posted at 11-27 01:43
Ok thanks. Have you considered buying one of these?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFxB-eNw4C0

I did get something similar. I found I didn't like having the controller underneath the tablet. The other advantage I found with my mod. The sticks are longer and have a longer sweep this gives me finer control. That wasn't a real consideration just a happy bonus.
2021-11-27
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Australia

Forever droning Posted at 11-27 02:44
I did get something similar. I found I didn't like having the controller underneath the tablet. The other advantage I found with my mod. The sticks are longer and have a longer sweep this gives me finer control. That wasn't a real consideration just a happy bonus.

I rememeber seeing someone opening up the holders fully on the RC and accomandated an ipad mini in it. Not sure how big your tablet is. Looks a bit bigger than ipad mini. Did you try something like this?
2021-11-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules