No DJI Fly app on Google Play Store
658 8 2021-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GraceCourt
New

United Kingdom

I'm probably going to buy a DJI Air 2S Combo pack but I wanted to look at the control interface provided by the app.

However, all permutations of searches on the Google Play Store reveal only: DJI Go, DJI Go 4, and DJI Pilot.  DJI Fly isn't on there, and none of the 'About' pages list the Air 2S.  Yes, of course I can download it from the DJI download pages, but - no offence intended to DJI - I don't install apps from anywhere other than the Play Store.   The QR code in the manual only takes users to the DJI download page and offers an apk file.  No thanks!

Why has DJI not made it available from the Play Store, and (if for whatever reason the company doesn't intend to submit it to Google for approval) which of the Play Store apps will work with the Air 2S?

Thanks.

2021-11-6
Use props
Pappy3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

I guess you won't be buying DJI products if you have an android device. All DJI apps for android come straight from DJI's download pages or from in app notifications where you can tap to download (from DJI) and install upgrades. Lots of speculation as to why DJI no longer posts app updates to Google Play, but no official word from DJI as to why.
2021-11-6
Use props
Popeye1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 511722 ft

United Kingdom

What phone have you got ? Is a good starting point. If you look about this forum you will see a lot about Android phones not being compatible. You can download the APK from DJI’s website you won’t see much regarding features on the app, unless you have a drone linked to the app, I have a Samsung S21 running Android 12, the app is not compatible with Android 12.You can download from here.  https://www.dji.com/uk/downloads?site=brandsite&from=nav
2021-11-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. We apologize for the inconvenience. Because the compatibility strategy between the DJI App and Google Play Store is changing, you currently cannot finish downloading and updating using Google Play Store. Besides, the update channels for DJI apps have been adjusted due to Google Play technical adjustments. Please get the latest version of the app through DJI’s official website. User experience, functions, and privacy protections of apps installed through DJI’s official website are still the same as before, so please feel free to use them. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2021-11-6
Use props
GraceCourt
New

United Kingdom

Popeye1 Posted at 11-6 22:38
What phone have you got ? Is a good starting point. If you look about this forum you will see a lot about Android phones not being compatible. You can download the APK from DJI’s website you won’t see much regarding features on the app, unless you have a drone linked to the app, I have a Samsung S21 running Android 12, the app is not compatible with Android 12.You can download from here.  https://www.dji.com/uk/downloads?site=brandsite&from=nav

It's a Samsung G960F (Galaxy S9), running Android 10.   I appreciate that, without the drone, the app wouldn't be particularly informative, but I wanted at least to see what the interface looked like.
2021-11-7
Use props
Popeye1
lvl.3

United Kingdom

GraceCourt Posted at 11-7 00:44
It's a Samsung G960F (Galaxy S9), running Android 10.   I appreciate that, without the drone, the app wouldn't be particularly informative, but I wanted at least to see what the interface looked like.

This is much as you will see!! Without Drone connected
2021-11-7
Use props
Popeye1
lvl.3

United Kingdom

2021-11-7
Use props
Popeye1
lvl.3