France

Same problem, Mac OS Monterey 12.1
Just shows a black screen
2022-7-6
Use props
fanscc212733
New

Australia

Is there any fix for Webcam on Mac OS Monterey 12.3.1?
2022-7-13
Use props
djiuser_lvs8S8IFNaFH
lvl.1
Germany

Same issue here. Latest mac OS Monterey on MacBook Pro 2018 and iMac 2016. On both of them, the Action 2 is being identified as an "UVC Camera", still nothing but a black screen is being shown. Tried with several applications including, but not limited to, FaceTime, Zoom, Telegram, Skype, QuickCamera – the result, black screen, is the same system-wide.

FYI: Both my Insta360 ONE R (standard module) and RS (1" Leica module), also supporting UVC, are being identified as such and work like they're supposed to.

This way I can exclude an USB issue (software, hardware, cable…) as well as a mac OS bug in this case. On the other hand, the camera works ad hoc on a Windose laptop (which I have to use in my profession, besides Macs), so there is a mac OS incompatibility and it's definitely on DJI Action 2 side – by exclusion again.

One of my reasons to obtain the Action 2 was its webcam capability. Exactly this feature doesn't work on the system I use at most. A pity I hadn't noticed this bevore I bought, but you cannot search for an incompatibility which do not even know it exists. Judging by how old this problem is and how steadily it's being at first denied, then ignored for months by the company, I dare to doubt there would be a solution soon. Luckily, I live in Germany where the consumer's rights do allow me to return and get refunded anything bought online within at least two weeks. Now guess what I am going to do…
2022-8-24
Use props
Rodinal
lvl.1
Germany

JodyB Posted at 6-9 17:25
Hte issue definitely is an Apple issue […]

Not really; apologies. UVC-compatible Action cams of other brands do work on Monterey flawlessly as intended. I've tried two different Insta360 cameras; both of them do the job by plug and play.
So if even it was an Apple issue, this would have been a very specific issue concerning DJI Action 2 exclusively. :-)

2022-8-24
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Rodinal Posted at 8-24 23:14
Not really; apologies. UVC-compatible Action cams of other brands do work on Monterey flawlessly as intended. I've tried two different Insta360 cameras; both of them do the job by plug and play.
So if even it was an Apple issue, this would have been a very specific issue concerning DJI Action 2 exclusively. :-)

Then it must be specific because without any action from DJI, a new OS (Ventura) comes to test and it works? Ventura is due out later this fall, but switching between Big Sur and Ventura alone, it works in Ventura but not Big Sur for me. I don't know how else to take that to be honest.
2022-9-7
Use props
ilemon9
New
Brazil

More than a year and no solution. I'm selling my dji action 2 and buying another brand that works with mac monterey.
2022-9-12
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hi All
MacOS 13.0.1 solves the webcam issue. we test and Action2 works well now
2022-11-11
Use props
alimehdimir
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi, Looks like this is a common problem then. I cannot get my Mac 12.6.1 to work with Action 2.
2022-11-21
Use props
rumbalan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 81211 ft
Bulgaria

Same issue with Monterey 12.5

UVC camera detected, switching to it just freezes the window.
2022-11-26
Use props
djiuser_n1rjFtk2klhU
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46 ft
United Kingdom

Running Ventura 13.1 and its a blank screen. just bought the Action 2 , its going back as the problem doesn't look like it will ever be resolved!
2022-11-30
Use props
djiuser_ZhX7Z4tyOds5
New
United States

sad! Just bought my Action 2 and it doesn't work as a webcam
2022-11-30
Use props
djiuser_ZhX7Z4tyOds5
New
United States

sad! Just bought my Action 2 and it doesn't work as a webcam MacOS 12.6.1 on MacBook Pro 13-inch, 2016
2022-11-30
Use props
Rodinal
lvl.1
Germany

Oh well, fine. For now, it seems like

a) it works with mac OS Venturi
or
b) it still doesn't work with mac OS Venturi
while
lots of Macs do not allow to install Venturi onto them (which, in this very case, actually isa deliberate Mac issue)…
Here are my cameras that do work with mac OS Monterey as webcams:
  • Insta360 ONE R
  • Insta360 ONE RS
  • Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mk2
  • Olympus Tough TG-6
  • …and even Canon 7D (introduced 2009).

Insta 360 ONE RS w/Leica module does even the webcam zoom, and it does this really well.

So the DJO Action 2 seems to be this fabulous wrong-way driver – you know, the guy who listens to his car radio while driving the Autobahn; a warning "There is a wrong-way driver on the Autobahn 7" comes in on the radio – and the guy wonders: "One driver? Hundreds of them are drivin the wrong way!"
2022-12-2
Use props
rafix777
lvl.1
Poland

Hi guys!

I've the same problem. When DJI OA3 is connected with usb-c to usb-c cable from the box it's not working properly - black screen.

But I've temporary solution. I downloaded ManyCam lite and it's working if this app is opened! I tested it on Skype and OBS. If ManyCam is closed - black screen is back. Maybe it's help you for now.
2022-12-20
Use props
Brittani
New

United States

A QUICK FIX THAT IS WORKING FOR ME

I am using a MAC MINI with the Ventura Update

Go out and Buy the Apple Brand USB-C to USB Adapter and the webcam on the DJI Action 2 will connect finally a solution.
2023-1-27
Use props
Hi:
New

United States

What a shame. I bought this after seeing it advertised as having webcam functionality.

I have the latest firmware update and it still doesn't work on Monterey 12.6.2.
2023-2-11
Use props
MikkyX
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Ventura 13.3.1, 2018 MacBook Pro (Intel i7), and when connected via USB-C, the Action 2 shows up as a webcam and works in Photo Booth, but other apps (I tried ClearShot X and Zoom) couldn't get a feed from it. I've tried updating to the latest camera firmware via DJI Mimo and still no luck. I don't want to use it in Photo Booth, I wanted to record it alongside a screen recording.

Can we get this working?
2023-4-24
Use props
Coconatsu
New

Spain

Same probleam still in 2023 with Mac OS Ventura 13... really disappointing
2023-4-27
Use props
VictorN
New

Poland

Seem like the problem partly is fixed. I have Mac OS Ventura 13.3.1(a) (MacBook Pro 19, Intel I9) and in some application DJI Action 2 works fine like webcam (FaceTime, Webex). I've faced the problem with Microsoft Teams - same problem, no video output for camera. Maybe it's an issue of the applications itself.
2023-5-29
Use props
Rapidlaser
lvl.2
Flight distance : 475066 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-ytao Posted at 2021-11-16 20:18
Hi  Action2 uvc works fine on MacOS 11(bigSur)

MacOS 12 Monterey releases at the end of Oct 2021. we did find the issue you meet.

2 years and still not solved, Brilliant!
2023-8-29
Use props
Thin Society
New

United States

Rapidlaser Posted at 8-29 15:51
2 years and still not solved, Brilliant!

I might be able to offer a bit of hope.

I have two Macbook Pro laptops. One of them is an "M" series laptop and my DJI Action 2 worked right away as a webcam with that device.

But my second Macbook Pro laptop runs on the older Intel chip and I was also observing a black screen in programs such as Zoom -- until -- and this still amazes me -- I used an adapter.

I'll be specific.

I would get the black screen in Zoom (UVC camera) if I simply used a USB-C to USB-C cable. I tried more than one of these types of cables and not one of them would work.

However, I also happen to have another USB cable with USB-C on one end and then a male USB type A plug on the other end.

So I plugged this male USB type A plug into a USB EXTENSION CABLE with female type A USB on one end and then USB-C on the other end. The little USB extension cable is made by Nimaso and can be bought on Amazon.

Then, of course, the USB-C of the Nimaso extension cable then plugged into the Intel Mac and -- BAM! -- I finally got a video picture in Zoom!

I don't fully understand why this works, I'll admit right now. But it works for me. Apparently, this issue has something to do with the cable configuration feeding the computer.
2023-10-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules