Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Waypoints
1981 24 2021-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CanonMax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Just a simple question:  will it  be possible  To Fly using WAYPOINTS by with the Mavic 3? A very useful  Mode To Fly & Film
2021-11-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So far no mention of way points being available.
2021-11-7
Use props
izotop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388763 ft

Slovenia

not sure what you're talking here, it's not a mini, clearly it has or will have at least same functions as m2p if not more, take a look at tech specs etc. and then is always option b with other apps, when sdk is out etc.
2021-11-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Possible yes, probable I doubt it. M2P had waypoints but that was operated using GO4 . M3 using Fly app.
2021-11-7
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

im going to say if it's not here today, it's never coming.  people have said waypoints is a high-end feature withheld from lower class drones in an attempt to force you to upgrade (nonsense).  well, here we are.  if i buy a cine, will i get waypoints?  i know there are other features promised for the future but waypoints doesn't sounds like one of them.  it's almost as if the feature has been abandoned. is there some sort of irrational fear of these drones being used for one-way self-guided nefarious trips?
2021-11-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there CanonMax. Good day and thank you for reaching out. As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future updates for the new DJI Mavic 3. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you.
2021-11-7
Use props
toad007
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39652 ft
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 11-7 09:14
Possible yes, probable I doubt it. M2P had waypoints but that was operated using GO4 . M3 using Fly app.

I have Platinum for a couple of years and apart from a few cracks and glue still going well. Thing is I would have liked to have used waypoints more.  With the Plat you cannot upgrade to Waypoints 2.0, and waypoints as existing on the Plat is a bit simple.  Cannot delete etc.  So what to do, use Litchi or perhaps sell it and upgrade to Air2S.  Any advice please.
2021-11-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

toad007 Posted at 11-17 07:22
I have Platinum for a couple of years and apart from a few cracks and glue still going well. Thing is I would have liked to have used waypoints more.  With the Plat you cannot upgrade to Waypoints 2.0, and waypoints as existing on the Plat is a bit simple.  Cannot delete etc.  So what to do, use Litchi or perhaps sell it and upgrade to Air2S.  Any advice please.

I still have Mavic1 and for that I use Litchi, waypoints not available on Air2s except in hyperlapse “Which is very good” So depends if waypoints are absolutely your need then use Litchi its way better than Dji waypoints. But if new tech and much better video photo and flying experience then Air2s is exceptional.

You also have the option of M2P or M2Z and they have slightly older tech, but both have waypoint options.
I’d say go with Air2s you will really notice the upgrade from platinum, and its so portable and good battery life.
I love the mavic1 and will never sell it.
2021-11-17
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

The Saint Posted at 11-7 20:00
im going to say if it's not here today, it's never coming.  people have said waypoints is a high-end feature withheld from lower class drones in an attempt to force you to upgrade (nonsense).  well, here we are.  if i buy a cine, will i get waypoints?  i know there are other features promised for the future but waypoints doesn't sounds like one of them.  it's almost as if the feature has been abandoned. is there some sort of irrational fear of these drones being used for one-way self-guided nefarious trips?

Oh man,
unfortunately that sounds pretty plausible .....

2021-11-17
Use props
toad007
lvl.2
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 11-17 07:34
I still have Mavic1 and for that I use Litchi, waypoints not available on Air2s except in hyperlapse “Which is very good” So depends if waypoints are absolutely your need then use Litchi its way better than Dji waypoints. But if new tech and much better video photo and flying experience then Air2s is exceptional.

You also have the option of M2P or M2Z and they have slightly older tech, but both have waypoint options.

Loaded Litchi and seems ok.  Watched  video on it.  Try it tomorrow when I am allowed.
The only problem is having more than one drone, which do I use.  Probably wear out the Plat which is very good and then sell on ebay.  Air2S is my choice at the moment. Mavic 3 does not seem to be that different according to Ian London (youtube).
Fantastic products, thanks for your help.

Alan  (Suffolk)   Country and Coastal !!
2021-11-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

toad007 Posted at 11-17 11:55
Loaded Litchi and seems ok.  Watched  video on it.  Try it tomorrow when I am allowed.
The only problem is having more than one drone, which do I use.  Probably wear out the Plat which is very good and then sell on ebay.  Air2S is my choice at the moment. Mavic 3 does not seem to be that different according to Ian London (youtube).
Fantastic products, thanks for your help.

Hey good luck, litchi is a fantastic app.
2021-11-17
Use props
toad007
lvl.2
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 11-17 12:03
Hey good luck, litchi is a fantastic app.

Great, love Litchi, wish I had loaded it before.
Is there a sensitivity / yaw control like GoGfly has, cannot find it, perhaps it is  auto.
How do you come out of the app easily, had to turn phone off/on to get back to Android home screen.

Alan
2021-11-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

toad007 Posted at 11-18 08:24
Great, love Litchi, wish I had loaded it before.
Is there a sensitivity / yaw control like GoGfly has, cannot find it, perhaps it is  auto.
How do you come out of the app easily, had to turn phone off/on to get back to Android home screen.

Just use the Expo sensitivity in your go app, and you craft will have same sensitivity using litchi. All you need to do is turn off Aircraft and start up go4 and you will be back in go4 app for flying. They do say you should not have both apps running in the background. So on Apple iPhone which is what I use just swipe up app and this closes it then use the other one.
2021-11-18
Use props
FRCornelis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1252884 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-7 06:21
So far no mention of way points being available.

Do you think is possible for DJI to reconsider and somehow overhaul the FLY APP to accommodate?
SDK is not really promising because in order for WP to work, it needs to be supported in firmware.

OR even better: roll back to GO 4 APP for as an option?
-FC
2021-11-18
Use props
toad007
lvl.2
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 11-18 08:42
Just use the Expo sensitivity in your go app, and you craft will have same sensitivity using litchi. All you need to do is turn off Aircraft and start up go4 and you will be back in go4 app for flying. They do say you should not have both apps running in the background. So on Apple iPhone which is what I use just swipe up app and this closes it then use the other one.

Thanks very much for info.

Look forward to trying the modes especially waypoints.  I will see if I can find a written manual, I like words I can refer to.

North Uist  Scotland

Alan
2021-11-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

toad007 Posted at 11-18 10:12
Thanks very much for info.

Look forward to trying the modes especially waypoints.  I will see if I can find a written manual, I like words I can refer to.

Lovely. You should find plenty of stuff on internet about litchi. Just one thing to remember. The waypoints program will be sent directly to drone and it will be the drone thats driving your mission, so if you lose remote control signal you can set mission to continue RTH or hover “I think” so craft will continue to fly the mission even if it loses RC signal .
2021-11-18
Use props
toad007
lvl.2
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 11-18 10:25
Lovely. You should find plenty of stuff on internet about litchi. Just one thing to remember. The waypoints program will be sent directly to drone and it will be the drone thats driving your mission, so if you lose remote control signal you can set mission to continue RTH or hover “I think” so craft will continue to fly the mission even if it loses RC signal .

Yes, seen all that.

Set to RTH in all fail modes I think, I am a wimp !!

Alan

2021-11-18
Use props
toad007
lvl.2
United Kingdom

toad007 Posted at 11-18 10:38
Yes, seen all that.

Set to RTH in all fail modes I think, I am a wimp !!

Found manual.

https://cdn.website-editor.net/0 ... 0Notes%2520Rev2.pdf

This is the best £21 I have ever spent, someone has put quality into this.

Alan
2021-11-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FRCornelis Posted at 11-18 09:39
Do you think is possible for DJI to reconsider and somehow overhaul the FLY APP to accommodate?
SDK is not really promising because in order for WP to work, it needs to be supported in firmware.

Litchi implemented it using virtual sticks,  but from what I gather that is not as accurate.
2021-11-19
Use props
toad007
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 11-19 00:23
Litchi implemented it using virtual sticks,  but from what I gather that is not as accurate.

Found manual.

Managed to print it in booklet form double sided using word.

Brilliant product, I should have bought it before.
2021-11-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

toad007 Posted at 11-19 08:35
Found manual.

Litchi doesn’t support most of the modern drones yet
2021-11-19
Use props
toad007
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 11-19 11:49
Litchi doesn’t support most of the modern drones yet

Well I will keep my Plat then.
Programmed a flight on computer last night and tried it this morning.
Amazing software, a whole new world opened up.

Litchi says it will cover new drones when DJI releases the SDK.

2021-11-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

toad007 Posted at 11-20 01:09
Well I will keep my Plat then.
Programmed a flight on computer last night and tried it this morning.
Amazing software, a whole new world opened up.

Sadly the SDK is very slow to be released,   Its been a year and the mini2 is still not supported.
2021-11-20
Use props
liuyipeng
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118031 ft
Hong Kong

There is no waypoint for newer drones since the Mavic 2. What a disappointment DJI   !!!!!!!!  What is wrong with you???? If you disabled the waypoint in the MINI and AIR line, I understand, it is to protect your higher-end product, the Trump Ban have brought you financial struggle, I understand,  you are racing the price for Mavic 3, I understand, but no waypoint for the Mavic 3??????????  What the actual F___K????????? As an old user since the phontom2,  I really don't understand your decision making these days!!!!!!!!!!!! What is happening???? Are you trying to hand the drone market over to Skydio? ??????? RESPONS!!!! DJI !!!!RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!
2022-2-1
Use props
liuyipeng
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118031 ft
Hong Kong

There is no waypoint for newer drones since the Mavic 2, and I heard rumors that Mavic3 won't have Waypoints just like all the new DJI Drons. What a disappointment DJI !!!!!!!!  What is wrong with you???? If you disabled the waypoint in the MINI and AIR line, I understand, it is to protect your higher-end product, the Trump Ban have brought you financial struggle, and there is a globe chip shortage, I understand,  you are increasing the price for Mavic 3, I understand, but no waypoint for the Mavic 3??????????  What the actual F___K????????? Mavic3 IS NOT A CHEAP DRONE!!!!!!!!!! WAYPOINTS It is not even a hardware-related issue!!! As an old user since phantom 2,  I really don't understand your decision making these days!!!!!!!!!!!! What is happening???? Are you trying to hand the drone market over to Skydio? ??????? RESPONS!!!! DJI !!!!RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!DJI !!!!RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!DJI !!!!RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!DJI !!!!RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!DJI !!!!RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!DJI !!!!RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!DJI !!!!RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!DJI !!!!RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!DJI !!!!RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!DJI !!!!RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!DJI !!!!RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!DJI !!!!RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!DJI !!!!RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!DJI !!!!RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!DJI !!!!RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!DJI !!!!RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!DJI !!!!RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!
2022-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules