Dji Mini 2 Fell out of the sky!
2029 3 2021-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJIinthasky
New
Canada

Hey folks,
   So I'm new to the DJI community but not a newbie to droning. Having said that, I purchased a Mini 2 back in August because I heard great things about DJI, I had absolutely no issues with my drone before this happened to me, here is my story...

So so about 2 weeks ago I heard fireworks outside my house. These fireworks were happing every night at the same time for 2 weeks so I wanted to know where they were coming from. So I grabbed my drone at went outside (it was night out) flew it straight up (battery was at 80% and controller was at 3 out for 4 lights. The flight was less than 2 mins long. I went straight up, did a pano shot, couldn't see any fireworks because they had just ended but I was gonna go higher up because I was liking the view, at that moment up told it to go up but then what looked like and sounded like happened was that the drone flew up and forward but it made a weird overspeed sound and then just shut off in midair (50m up) and smashed onto the street in front of my driveway. The flight record shows just that, that I was telling it to go up and with the right stick telling it to come back (because i noticed it was flying away).  

Now my question is, I never paid for the refresh option (forgot to do it) but this incident was not at all my fault. What do you think they do for me? Has anybody else encountered this problem?  I'm in the processes of sending it in to them. The camera doesn't work and there is a lot of body damage to this. Any help would be great. Thanks!
2021-11-7
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

We are sorry to hear about your accident. If your drone is within the warranty period and you are able to send it back to a repair center, we would recommend applying for a damage assessment and data analysis can be applied to determine its cause. Please contact our Product Support in creating a case. We will send you an offer based on the results. Thank you for your patience.
2021-11-7
Use props
DJIinthasky
New
Canada

DJI Diana Posted at 11-7 09:17
We are sorry to hear about your accident. If your drone is within the warranty period and you are able to send it back to a repair center, we would recommend applying for a damage assessment and data analysis can be applied to determine its cause. Please contact our Product Support  in creating a case. We will send you an offer based on the results. Thank you for your patience.

I'm sending it in tomorrow and the drone is only about 2 months old. The warranty is a year correct? Also how do I send the flight info back to DJI? There was an option to do that when I sent in the request but I somehow nulled it.
2021-11-7
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

DJIinthasky Posted at 11-7 11:42
I'm sending it in tomorrow and the drone is only about 2 months old. The warranty is a year correct? Also how do I send the flight info back to DJI? There was an option to do that when I sent in the request but I somehow nulled it.

Hi there. Thank you for your inquiry. Our designated team will contact you via email. Following the industry's practices, the warranty period of DJI's products will be calculated from the date when the products are received by customers. You can learn more about DJI's after-sales policies at AFTER-SALES SERVICE POLICIES
2021-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules