Flying the Mavic inside an empty LPG Gas Tank - is it possible?
1076 7 2021-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eric Bartolo
Captain
Flight distance : 21877946 ft
  • >>>
Malta

Is it possible to fly the mavic without sensors on inside and LGP Gas Tank? It's a huge one with over 1000 sqm but I'm most scared of any intereference especially compass since it is made from some type of aluminun along with other materials.

Tank will be clean and empty and the reason for flight is inspection. I will probably have to positions myself inside the tank.

Thanks

2021-11-7
Use props
FloridaNext
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62320 ft
Germany

*** Braking News *** Braking News ***

Huge explosion in Malta ...
2021-11-7
Use props
Eric Bartolo
Captain
Flight distance : 21877946 ft
  • >>>
Malta

FloridaNext Posted at 11-7 11:11
*** Braking News *** Braking News ***

Huge explosion in Malta ...

hahahah...
of course the gas tank will be clean and empty but I'm concerned regarding magnetic interference.
2021-11-7
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

It is not the compass you need to be concerned with it is available light and no GPS signal. This aircraft is not the tool for this job.
2021-11-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Eric Bartolo. Good day and thank you for reaching out. DJI don not recommend flying your DJI drone where there are strong signal interference like metal objects. All metal objects and structures like tankers can give out magnetic interference and might affect your flying experience. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2021-11-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm fairly sure you will encounter magnetic interference inside the tank.  The other issue could be lack of light.  
2021-11-8
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Aluminium does not gives a magn interference....so it depends on the alloy alu and ?

cheers
JJB
2021-11-8
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

It won't be a stable flight.
Unless you a practiced at flying in ATTI mode (no gps), bottom sensors won't be seeing much (so tripod mode is out),
I hope it works out for you, but think and re think, and plan, plan plan....
2021-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules