Mavic Air Spinning (rotating) in a circle
3332 7 2021-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
drewpooley
lvl.1
United States

Hello,

My Mavic Air will continuously spin in a circle when it's in flight. I have changed the propellers, done all of the calibrations and nothing has helped. Has anyone else experienced this issue and found a solution?

2021-11-7
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Generally that relates to a confused compass, it happens if you power-up and launch from a magnetically dirty area, such as the roof or hood of a car, concrete containing rebar etc. Calibrating the compass will not fix it though, you need to land, shut the aircraft down and move to a non-magnetic location.
2021-11-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there drewpooley. I am sorry to know that you are having this issue with your DJI Mavic Air and thank you for reaching out. Can you please fly your DJI Mavic Air to a different location with less interference to see if the issue will still persist. The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference on the ground, and you took off from close to a buildings with rebar concrete metal objects on it. In addition, please make sure that the antennas are pointed toward the aircraft for optimal transmission as well. Thank you.
2021-11-7
Use props
drewpooley
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-7 20:22
Hello there drewpooley. I am sorry to know that you are having this issue with your DJI Mavic Air and thank you for reaching out. Can you please fly your DJI Mavic Air to a different location with less interference to see if the issue will still persist. The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference on the ground, and you took off from close to a buildings with rebar concrete metal objects on it. In addition, please make sure that the antennas are pointed toward the aircraft for optimal transmission as well. Thank you.

Hello,

I have had this problem going on for a little bit now. I have flown it in numerous places and the issue has continued to happen. I have even flown it in the middle of the woods where no interferences were around. Any other suggestions?
2021-11-8
Use props
drewpooley
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 11-7 18:29
Generally that relates to a confused compass, it happens if you power-up and launch from a magnetically dirty area, such as the roof or hood of a car, concrete containing rebar etc. Calibrating the compass will not fix it though, you need to land, shut the aircraft down and move to a non-magnetic location.

Thanks for the response Geebax, I have flown in numerous places and it doesn't seem to matter where I take off from, the issue continues to happen. Any other suggestions?
2021-11-8
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi drewpooley,

Best to get help/advice is to show a log with your issue.

So upload your flightlog using > http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Post the uploaded link on here.

or put a cloud-link to your log on here.

If you fly several flights with your issue than it is probably not a compass error, but log will explain more....

cheers
JJB
2021-11-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

drewpooley Posted at 11-8 09:19
Hello,

I have had this problem going on for a little bit now. I have flown it in numerous places and the issue has continued to happen. I have even flown it in the middle of the woods where no interferences were around. Any other suggestions?

It is not a matter of where you have flown it from, it is to do with what surface you fired it up and launched from.
2021-11-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

drewpooley Posted at 11-8 09:19
Hello,

I have had this problem going on for a little bit now. I have flown it in numerous places and the issue has continued to happen. I have even flown it in the middle of the woods where no interferences were around. Any other suggestions?

Hi there drewpooley. Thank you for the reply and for these information that you have given. May we please know before this issue happened was there a hard landing or a crash that happened to your DJI Mavic Air? Thank you.
2021-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules