DJI RE goggles as HMD for outdoor photography?
517 5 2021-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI RE goggles as HMD for outdoor photography?

So I'm trying to create realized potential for my equipments.  As we know, when you are outside it's hard to see the screen in the bright outdoors.  If we use the DJI RE goggles as a display, we can actually see what to edit while out on the "field".

I'm doing it right now w/ the laptop at home and it works great even for other apps like Blender.  I can even play Call of Duty on it.  
2021-11-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there AntDX316. Good day and thank you for sharing these information and this video with us here at DJI Forum. Again, thank you for your support and have a nice day.
2021-11-8
Use props
KnNLmS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 119967 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

Goggles RE is the worst investment for me. I thought i can use it for my future drones while buying but it only worked for P4 but not for mini, mini2 and air air2. It even doesnt work for Mavic3. Wov. One company and many type of incompatible devices.

One more advise to DJI, make it compatible with RC Pro. I would like to see the video feed and use head tracking for camera. If you're the developer it wouldn't be so hard...
2021-11-16
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

KnNLmS Posted at 11-16 12:33
Goggles RE is the worst investment for me. I thought i can use it for my future drones while buying but it only worked for P4 but not for mini, mini2 and air air2. It even doesnt work for Mavic3. Wov. One company and many type of incompatible devices.

One more advise to DJI, make it compatible with RC Pro. I would like to see the video feed and use head tracking for camera. If you're the developer it wouldn't be so hard...

It's just an extra feature if you want to be able to see everything in very bright outdoor conditions.  Of course it's not ideal when being behind a PC at home.
2021-11-16
Use props
KnNLmS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 119967 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

AntDX316 Posted at 11-16 21:12
It's just an extra feature if you want to be able to see everything in very bright outdoor conditions.  Of course it's not ideal when being behind a PC at home.

I don't understand the main concern what you write. Instead of extra feature, i would like to have the default feature which was to use as a FPV controller for DJI drones.
Thanks for your idea but my reply not for you but for DJI moderators who can inform DJI for customer expectations.
2021-11-17
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

KnNLmS Posted at 11-17 00:34
I don't understand the main concern what you write. Instead of extra feature, i would like to have the default feature which was to use as a FPV controller for DJI drones.
Thanks for your idea but my reply not for you but for DJI moderators who can inform DJI for customer expectations.

Being able to use the DJI RE goggles as an HMD display is cool.  You don't have to buy another device just to do it but it is indeed bulky.  If you have to edit something quickly to make sure it's done right then it can work better than not using it at all.  If you have used displays outside you will know how hard it is to see under very bright sunlight.  It can be super impossible to see anything even at the brightness set to the max especially in the summer where the screen will dim itself to prevent overheating damage even though it says 100% brightness.  It matters while flying as you can see obstacles you can hardly see on a darker screen.
2021-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules