Air 2S zoom function on stock controller?
8082 7 2021-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans2daade54
lvl.2

United States

I own a DJI Air 2S. I have the original smart controller for it and I am very disapointed with the range I get compared to the stock 2S remote controller - so that said, I like using the stock controller a lot more (until DJI allows the new RC Pro to become compatible with the 2S then I will likely purchase that). However, I LOVE the "zoom wheel" on the smart controller for smoothly zooming in when recording videos on the 2S. On the stock controller, there is no "zoom wheel" - only has the "gimbal wheel" on the left side... (sorry if "wheel" isn't the right term).

To zoom with the stock controller, I have to pinch in on the phone screen and it is very choppy and not intuitive while flying. Is there an easier way to get smoother zoom function when using the 2S + stock controller + iPhone setup?
2021-11-8
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Hold down the fn button and use the gimbal scroll wheel to zoom.
2021-11-8
Use props
fans2daade54
lvl.2

United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 11-8 09:55
Hold down the fn button and use the gimbal scroll wheel to zoom.

thanks, didn't know this!
2021-11-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused before and thank you for reaching out. As posted above by Mobilehomer, kindly please hold down the FN button on the DJI Smart Controller and use the gimbal scroll wheel to be able to use the zoom feature. Thank you.
2021-11-8
Use props
djiuser_cVNa2ggd6eUO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 262982 ft
United Kingdom

My gimbal scroll only zooms. I can’t get it to control the angle of the gimbal now. It used to and also the server won’t update. I’m getting really tired with my DJI drone this is the 3rd air 2s I’m having issues with (faulty sensors on two of them/server won’t update/gimbal issues). The 3rd one is only a month old and only used a few hours
2023-9-5
Use props
djiuser_cVNa2ggd6eUO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 262982 ft
United Kingdom

My gimbal scroll only zooms. I can’t get it to control the angle of the gimbal now. It used to and also the server won’t update. I’m getting really tired with my DJI drone this is the 3rd air 2s I’m having issues with (faulty sensors on two of them/server won’t update/gimbal issues). The 3rd one is only a month old and only used a few hours
2023-9-5
Use props
LoveYou
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16525367 ft
Greece

No fly before real well all manual...
2023-9-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_cVNa2ggd6eUO Posted at 9-5 07:36
My gimbal scroll only zooms. I can’t get it to control the angle of the gimbal now. It used to and also the server won’t update. I’m getting really tired with my DJI drone this is the 3rd air 2s I’m having issues with (faulty sensors on two of them/server won’t update/gimbal issues). The 3rd one is only a month old and only used a few hours

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Can you please confirm what remote controller are you using? Please try to download the DJI Assistant 2 software and please update/refresh the firmware of your RC. After that, connect the RC to DJI Fly perform the RC calibration then check if the issue persists. If yes, please provide us with a short video showing the issue so we can check. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your cooperation.
2023-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules