Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Smart Controller Not Caching Video or Photos
6018 30 2021-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wavicle
lvl.3
United States

My Air 2S and Smart Controller (V1) worked great since receiving it back in mid September including saving video and photos to the microSD card. However, after the recent flury of firmware updates for both the Smart Controller and Air 2S and the new Fly 1.5 app, I found the smart controller is no longer saving any video or photos from the Air 2S. The only video the controller will save is a screen recording.

I have a Sandisk 128 GB microSD card in the controller but the result is the same with or without the card inserted. Same for reformatting the card- no recording. I've tried setting the default storage to be internal and the card and still no different. The Smart Controller recognizes the card and prompts to set it as default and then reboots itself. All seems to be working correctly... except saving media.

I've factory reset the Smart Controller and re-linked the Air 2S and then logged back into my accounts and tried all possibilities and still no video or photos are saved on the controller. The only place the media is saved is on the microSD card in the Air 2S.

Am I the only one seeing this problem? What did I do that could have messed this up?
2021-11-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience. Please follow the steps below to see if it helps.
1. Go to 'storage'->'external sd'->'DICM'
2. Creat a folder named 'DJI Album'
3. Try to save the footage again to see if it works.
2021-11-8
Use props
Wavicle
lvl.3
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-8 23:53
Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience. Please follow the steps below to see if it helps.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I did as you said and still no caching of video or photos. I also re-started the Smart Controller after adding the new folder and that did not help.

This was working with excellent caching prior to the firmware update so I hope DJI can look into this as it's quite valuable to be able to review clips at times before returning to base.
2021-11-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Wavicle Posted at 11-9 12:46
Thanks for the suggestion.

I did as you said and still no caching of video or photos. I also re-started the Smart Controller after adding the new folder and that did not help.

May I ask did you try to export the footage from the DJI Album to the local album? Could you please provide us with a video of your operation for further confirmation?
2021-11-17
Use props
Wavicle
lvl.3
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-17 05:25
May I ask did you try to export the footage from the DJI Album to the local album? Could you please provide us with a video of your operation for further confirmation?

There is no footage to export! The Smart Controller will not save any video or photos not matter what settings I try. Internal memory or SD card makes no difference - it saves nothing!  I even tried a new SanDisk 128GB microSD card with the same result. Believe me- this worked perfectly as it should prior to the last DJI Smart Controller firmware update.
2021-11-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Wavicle Posted at 11-17 05:37
There is no footage to export! The Smart Controller will not save any video or photos not matter what settings I try. Internal memory or SD card makes no difference - it saves nothing!  I even tried a new SanDisk 128GB microSD card with the same result. Believe me- this worked perfectly as it should prior to the last DJI Smart Controller firmware update.

Sorry for the late reply. May I ask if you can successfully playback the video saved on the drone through the Smart Controller? Could you please provide us with a video to check it further?
2021-11-22
Use props
mukhas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 832605 ft
Ukraine

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-8 23:53

Dear DJI Mindy,

Photo cache is not working on latest firmware and DJI Ply app too.
By the way, video cache are working. All video are in DJI Fly app.
Any ideas how to solve this?
Fearure are very important, I can show my client real estate photos that he ordered to recievr payment for my job done.
2021-11-22
Use props
Wavicle
lvl.3
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-22 03:19
Sorry for the late reply. May I ask if you can successfully playback the video saved on the drone through the Smart Controller? Could you please provide us with a video to check it further?

Yes, if I move the microSD card from the drone to the Smart Controller it will play the recorded video and display the saved photos on the Smart Controller.

I opened a case with DJI Support and provided screen recording videos to them- both with and without a memory card in the  Smart Controller showing it does not cache any video to any storage location.
2021-11-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

mukhas Posted at 11-22 04:18
Dear DJI Mindy,

Photo cache is not working on latest firmware and DJI Ply app too.

Hi mukhas, could you please tell me the model of your drone as well as the current firmware and app version?
2021-11-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Wavicle Posted at 11-22 04:22
Yes, if I move the microSD card from the drone to the Smart Controller it will play the recorded video and display the saved photos on the Smart Controller.

I opened a case with DJI Support and provided screen recording videos to them- both with and without a memory card in the  Smart Controller showing it does not cache any video to any storage location.

Hi, thanks for the update. I managed to find out your case number and I've forwarded it to our team to send you the shipping label as soon as possible. Please wait for the email update patiently.
2021-11-24
Use props
Wavicle
lvl.3
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-24 05:22
Hi, thanks for the update. I managed to find out your case number and I've forwarded it to our team to send you the shipping label as soon as possible. Please wait for the email update patiently.

DJI Mindy,

I appreciate your help. DJI Support had me send them both my Air 2S and the Smart Controller with a memory card. It was handed to UPS two days ago. I trust DJI repair will find the problem and fix it or send back replacement items as quick as possible.

Too bad it came to this because the drone and controller have probably less than 5 hours of flight time and the project I purchased it for starts the Monday after our Thanksgiving holiday-- and I know it will not be returned to me by that time.
2021-11-24
Use props
mukhas
lvl.4
Ukraine

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-24 05:18
Hi mukhas, could you please tell me the model of your drone as well as the current firmware and app version?

DJI Mindy

Aircraft DJI Air 2s firmware v02.04.21.10, DJI Fly app v1.5.1.
I use iPhone X.

Funny thing is, that with same DJI Fly version and other drone - DJI Mini 2 all works great with no issue.
2021-11-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Wavicle Posted at 11-24 05:30
DJI Mindy,

I appreciate your help. DJI Support had me send them both my Air 2S and the Smart Controller with a memory card. It was handed to UPS two days ago. I trust DJI repair will find the problem and fix it or send back replacement items as quick as possible.

We are terribly sorry for the issue you encountered. Could you please send me your case number and tracking number for further confirmation?
2021-11-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

mukhas Posted at 11-24 06:07
DJI Mindy

Aircraft DJI Air 2s firmware v02.04.21.10, DJI Fly app v1.5.1.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Currently, our engineers have found that this issue may occasionally result in a camera issue when testing the DJI Fly with DJI Air 2S. To guarantee your usage experience, DJI temporarily removes this Auto Sync HS Photo feature. Our engineers are working on determining the reason for this issue. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2021-11-24
Use props
mukhas
lvl.4
Ukraine

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-24 07:08
We apologize for the inconvenience. Currently, our engineers have found that this issue may occasionally result in a camera issue when testing the DJI Fly with DJI Air 2S. To guarantee your usage experience, DJI temporarily removes this Auto Sync HS Photo feature. Our engineers are working on determining the reason for this issue. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding and support.

DJI Mindy,

I have this options in DJI Fly but it is not working. Not sync photo to app cache and camera roll of iphone.
I hope you can solve this issue ASAP.
2021-11-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

mukhas Posted at 11-24 07:42
DJI Mindy,

I have this options in DJI Fly but it is not working. Not sync photo to app cache and camera roll of iphone.

We've forwarded this issue to our corresponding team for further check. You may manually click the download icon to save the photo to your phone currently. Sorry again for the inconvenience caused.
2021-11-29
Use props
mukhas
lvl.4
Ukraine

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-29 01:17
We've forwarded this issue to our corresponding team for further check. You may manually click the download icon to save the photo to your phone currently. Sorry again for the inconvenience caused.

DJI Mindy,

It is not comfortable to make sach way. I hope you fix it ASAP.
2021-11-29
Use props
geoast
lvl.1
Flight distance : 64806 ft

United States

I'm having the same issue with my SC. The videos and picture don't sync/cache with the SC. I can only view my videos/pics from the drone if I pull the card out of the drone and plug it into my computer. Has there been a fix for this yet?
2022-1-4
Use props
Wavicle
lvl.3
United States

geoast Posted at 1-4 10:07
I'm having the same issue with my SC. The videos and picture don't sync/cache with the SC. I can only view my videos/pics from the drone if I pull the card out of the drone and plug it into my computer. Has there been a fix for this yet?

If you are using the latest DJI Fly App, you need to tap the [Album] icon in the lower-left of the Fly home screen. The cached files will be revealed there. However, the same files are hidden on the SC and there is absolutely no way to find them including studying memory used. In the past, you could see the files by using the Android OS file or photo viewer functions but not any longer. Big/Huge error by DJI programmers.
2022-1-4
Use props
djiuser_ki9l1jW84glP
New

Moldova

I have the some problem. Not recording on smart controller sd card , only i can see in on dji fly app Album , this is not serious Dji, you have a lot of mistakes, let you know my drone is mavic 2s
2022-2-23
Use props
djiuser_IA94Lw5GDChU
lvl.1

United States

I have the same issue.  I have the Mavic Air 2 and Smart Controller.  The pictures on my Mavic Air 2 are no longer syncing to the smart controller.  This needs to be fixed.
2022-3-19
Use props
djifpvdjifpv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5981 ft
  • >>>
Israel

dji 1.4.8 is the last version that autosync was working.
its somthing that worked and dji removed something that already worked.
dji please return the feature back.
2022-3-24
Use props
larryfleckinger
lvl.1

United States

My photos and videos are not saving to Smart Controller either...has this be fixed, it was working fine when I first got my controller.
2022-7-9
Use props
jay2020
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1130049 ft
United States

My Mavic Air 2 and smart controller will only cache video no photos? Any idea why I have updated my software as of 8/12//22. I can only preview the videos otherwise I have to take the card out of the UAV and download that way. I got the smart controller for a reason, one of those are to see my photos and videos immediately after taking them.
2022-8-12
Use props
jay2020
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1130049 ft
United States

Is anyone going to respond to my inquiry? I sent a Facebook message and an email via the DJI website but crickets. Too bad maybe DJI isn’t as good as I thought they were.
2022-8-17
Use props
djiuser_FeqBWr1AP4Nd
lvl.1

Portugal

I've been talking to the technical support for a couple of weeks (my SC does not save cache videos)
Can anyone decrypt their last message?

"Good day! Thank you for contacting DJI Technical support.

We are truly sorry for the confusion in the previous e-mail. We have received an update from the relevant team.

To optimize the user experience of the app album, the [App Album] is cancelled after the DJI Fly is updated to v1.6.12. The work which you download will be directly saved to the [DJI Album] (namely, system album)

Therefore, for the cached video, it is used to preview videos. they need to be exported manually.It is suggested for the user to download the video, then find the original video from the below path:

DJI/dji.go.v5/DJI FLY/Video/OriginalFiles/Video

We hope this e-mail helps. Feel free to get back to us if you have further inquiries, we will try our best to assist further."
2022-9-26
Use props
djiuser_aeW8f7IFN5r1
New
New Zealand

I have just purchased the mini 3 pro with smart controller and are very disappointed to find that the SC does not cache the preview photos and video like the older controller did. Is this a bug or do they not intend to fix this?
2023-3-2
Use props
djiuser_aeW8f7IFN5r1
New
New Zealand

Has anyone found a solution to this?
2023-3-2
Use props
edugallo
New

Spain

I have a Mavic 2 Pro, and used to work without issues when linked to the standard remote controller (the one using the phone). I then acquired a smart controller (SC) but only the videos get cached to the SC, not the images. It does not matter if I insert a memory card on the SC or not. It is a huge inconvenience not being able to review your images, and I am shocked that the issue has been going on for so long without any solution.
2023-5-30
Use props
Wavicle
lvl.3
United States

edugallo Posted at 5-30 23:54
I have a Mavic 2 Pro, and used to work without issues when linked to the standard remote controller (the one using the phone). I then acquired a smart controller (SC) but only the videos get cached to the SC, not the images. It does not matter if I insert a memory card on the SC or not. It is a huge inconvenience not being able to review your images, and I am shocked that the issue has been going on for so long without any solution.

I agree- this continues to be a problem for my Smart Controller as well. I hunted around to find the photos but they appear to only be saved to the memory in the aircraft.
2023-5-31
Use props
djiuser_3kHuJOVmpHuv
New

United States

I just did firmware updates to my MA2 and my Smart Controller. The smart controller will NOT cache videos or photos to the SD card. I never had this problem before.  Has DJI Addressed this yet? I , like others, can only view photos and video by removing SD card from the aircraft and viewing on the desktop computer.   

Is there a correction for this issue yet??
2023-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules