Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
identity verification
1992 5 2021-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
greenstar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 581 ft
United States

Hello
I am a newbie who just purchased a dji mini2 from Costco.  I had a "restriction" and could not unlock to try the drone so I found the application which tells me that I am too close to a small airport and need identity verification.  I am not sure what they want from me.  Here is what they sent me back on an email:

Your identity verification application on the DJI Fly Safe website has been rejected for the following reasons:
Please provide an authorization letter on official entity letterhead from your public safety agency.
Go to the following link to check details:
https://fly-safe.dji.com/account-manage/background-information

Has this happened to anyone who can shed light on what an authorization letter on officail entity letterhead from a public agency means.
Thank you very much,
greenstar

2021-11-9
Use props
djiuser_SHjq8Pxu6ABv
New

United Kingdom

Hello sorry to jump on your thread but it won’t let me create a new one, I have found an FPV drone in the Uk, there is no operators ID on here is there any way DJI can trace the owner?
2021-11-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_SHjq8Pxu6ABv Posted at 11-14 04:49
Hello sorry to jump on your thread but it won’t let me create a new one, I have found an FPV drone in the Uk, there is no operators ID on here is there any way DJI can trace the owner?

PM a DJI Mod and they will assist you as best they can.  
2021-11-16
Use props
jetguat
lvl.1

United States

I hope  you get an answer.  May I inquire how close you are to the small airport?  I have a small airport nearby as well.  I'm waiting for my black friday DJI mini2 to come to me.  Now I'm worried about some similar rejection
2021-11-27
Use props
greenstar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 581 ft
United States

jetguat Posted at 11-27 16:29
I hope  you get an answer.  May I inquire how close you are to the small airport?  I have a small airport nearby as well.  I'm waiting for my black friday DJI mini2 to come to me.  Now I'm worried about some similar rejection

I am within 5 miles of a very small airport.  Calling them was no help, but the support from Dji was very helpful.  Sorry but I cannot tell you the steps in took but it’s not too hard.  Call the support number and they’ll help you.  Good luck!
2021-11-28
Use props
TLOverland
New
Flight distance : 1355 ft
United States

You need prior authorization to fly near an airport. Most of the time you can do this through an app like LAANC. You basically need to either spend the $5 and register your drone through the FAA website and then request authorization through the app with things like, where you are, what drone you are flying, max altitude, and for how long, or you might be able to just get away with the request through the app. It just lets the air traffic control in the area know what is in their airspace and where it's at. Some airports have maps showing the max altitude for where you are flying in the vicinity as well which is good to know when requesting a specific altitude. Checking the B4UFLY app is another helpful tool for seeing where you can fly in both unrestricted and restricted airspace. Hope that helps!
2021-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules