Gimbal Shaking
6543 8 2021-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jblo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 584 ft

United States

I've seem posts about the uncontrolled shaking at power up, but his is more of a slight vertical shimmy. (See Video). The shaking continues even after it flys. The camera still works, but shaky. I don't feel any resistence when moving it by hand. I don't see any obvious signs of damage. Software says gimbal stuck. Calbrating the gimbal simply sits at 0%. Firmware has been updated.

I was not the last pilot so it may have crashed, but I don't know.

Any thoughts before I look into repair? I can probably replace the gimbal but I 'm not sure it's broken or even the problem. I can dissaenble and reassemble it. It's out of warranty.

Thanks for any advice.

Sample of shaking
2021-11-9
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

Gently try some compressed air around the gimbal.
2021-11-9
Use props
Jblo
lvl.1

United States

Johnny_J Posted at 11-9 07:18
Gently try some compressed air around the gimbal.

Great idea. Tried it but no luck. On that same thought I also slide some tape down the side of the vertical tilt hinges hoping I could pop something loose. No luck there, either.

Thanks for the suggestion.
2021-11-9
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

When mine does this, I just gently  touch the camera while it is doing it. This stops it. If this does not do it, I would open a ticket with DJI support.
2021-11-9
Use props
red_canyon16
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23325935 ft
United States

I had this happen a couple months ago and did what Mobilehomer is suggesting. Hasn't done it since.
2021-11-9
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

Mobilehomer Posted at 11-9 08:21
When mine does this, I just gently  touch the camera while it is doing it. This stops it. If this does not do it, I would open a ticket with DJI support.

Mobilehomer wrote: "When mine does this, I just gently  touch the camera while it is doing it. This stops it."

Sounds like an episode from "The Dog Whisperer" ...
2021-11-9
Use props
Jblo
lvl.1

United States

red_canyon16 Posted at 11-9 08:30
I had this happen a couple months ago and did what Mobilehomer is suggesting. Hasn't done it since.

Thanks Mobilehomer and Red Canyon. Excellent suggestion, but alas, still shaking.
2021-11-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Jblo. I am sorry to know that you are having this issue with the gimbal of your DJI Mini 2. Since you are having this issue I would recommend for you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do there best to evaluate the said DJI drone and will give out the best resolution for this issue. Just a reminder that DJI do not recommend doing a DIY in fixing the said DJI drone to avoid further damaging the said unit. Thank you.
2021-11-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Support ticket would be my suggestion!
2021-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now